Sangat In Inida Help Need With Internet.

BhaiSukhSingh

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah

Khalsa Jee wil be traveling to india and need to stay conected to the net does anyone know how you can use your mobile as a intenet dongle ive seen it done with coson (cant get in contact with him as hes at a HeriaVela) how does it work wat phone isit i think my coson had a nokia handset.

VaheGuruJeKaKhalsaVaheGuruJeKeFetah

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

You have to get a sim card (you can use any provider - but I prefer Airtel - just 500 rps a month - same sim card to make and recieve calls) You can get the sim card from anywhere.. just tell them and they'll register you for the correct scheme. You also need a bluetooth device to connect the phone to laptop as a modem.

BEWARE! Indian broadband is very very very very slow!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

lol 500 rs !

you can get a sim card for 50 ruppes at any shop in India and ask the vendor to put a scehme of 'Unlimited Internet'

that is 98 in delhi 94 in other states

some give 2 gb data and some unlimited so its enough !

and get a talktime of 100-200

you can browse web on mobile only,ask the vendor to help with configuration of internet with access points .....

If your going to be in a city like delhi or in punjab there are loads of internet cafes, the net is common now in India, be careful of viruses though. Otherwise you may want to just dialup through the home line or get broadband installed something sify broadband might be nice. Internet has become a daily necessity.