"Jit Dar Lakh Mohamda" Which Gurbani Have This Pankti

Guest mehtab1singh

From my limited knowledge, this is a composition which used to be in Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, but later on was "edited" and "removed".

Other scholarly Singhs can comment.

Please forgive any mistakes.

Veerji maaf karyo if i am wrong , but i don't think so any thing was ever edited or removed from Shri Guru Granth Sahib ji. Guru has not written anything in Shri Guru Granth Sahib which can create controversy. Thats why Guru Gobind Singh Wrote things like those in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. But i haven't found this in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib

Guest mehtab1singh

Here is what I got from a quick search...

http://srec.gurmat.info/srecpublications/aboutcompilationofsrigurugranthsahib/chapter10/

I am not sure if this is also going to be disposed off as "anti Panthic", but the argument I posted is something I have read about from various sources, and have heard in the recent debate between Tapoban Singhs and Jeonwala as well.

Veerji this world is MAYA , and Maya can proof anything to divert the person from reaching him to GOD. I don't know whether SGGSJ Maharaj has been edited or not and i really don't want to know.

There have been many Brahamgyanis who can directly talk to our GURU's. IF something was wrong , Guru Sahib should have told them to fix the ISSUE.

My main AIM is to reach Charans of Guru SAHIB. If people are reaching Sachkhand by reading /respecting the current Bir of Guru Sahib , then i have no problem .

If this would have been the case that by reading/respecting the edited Bir , we can't reach sachkhand , then it was the point to think. But thats not the case.

we are not going to get anything by deciding what happened in past or why it was edited etc. These things will take us away from GOD.

GOD is everywhere , inside every human. Even HE was inside that person who you think edited the Mahraj's Bir. There is nothing which have happend outside his Hukam.

I think we should concentrate more on naam simran than anything else. I think even the Word Waheguru can take person to Sachkahnd. SO we should not indulge in any religious controversies like

Prof Darshan Singh ji. The thing is , in these controversies , if we won , we gain nothing but if we lose , we lose verything and evry kamai we have ever done . so whats the point of involving in those kind of stuff.

Bhula Chuka di maafi

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa , Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

A Fake Bani. Along with other Bani's it was inserted after 9th Guru's martyrdom. Sikhs did good by removing it. IT is called Bhai Banno wali recension (which has many extra fake compositions at the end)

Jit Dar Lakh Muhamda

Ataash Aab

Rattanmala

some say when these were added Raagmala too was added (AKJ, others).

Taksali and other Singhs maintain that Raagmala is Bani and the other added compositions such as Rattanmala were fake.

What Mehtab Singh has written is correct although perhaps the wording he has used has confused people - compositions such as "Jit Dar Lakh Mohamda", "Raag Ramkali Ratanmala" and "Hakikat Rah Mukam Raja Shivnab Ki" are inauthentic writings which have been added at the end of old handwritten Saroops of Guru Granth Sahib, usually after Mundavani.

Such inauthentic writings have been in circulation even since the time of Guru Sahib as Mehtab Singh's link points out with regards to the Banno Bir. "Jit Dar Lakh Mohamda" appears in some old Janamsakhia but does not appear as often in old Saroops as other compositions such as "Raag Ramkali Ratanmala" and "Hakikat Rah Mukam Raja Shivnab Ki".

When Guru Granth Sahib was standardized in the 20th century by the SGPC, the many variations in minor spellings/wordings, the number of Angs, and various other issues such as this were studied, so that one single copy of Guru Granth Sahib could be printed without there being differences in printed Saroops. At this point, the above compositions were removed.

There is still some disagreement on certain spellings of words, and if Raagmala should have been removed along with the above compositions, but all and for the most part there is agreement on the modern printed Saroop of Guru Granth Sahib.

Guest mehtab1singh

Thank you to all Singhs for shedding more light and letting us know. I apologize if I caused any confusion as I myself have only surface-level knowledge on this and many other issues.