Amarjit Chawala - Mehta Singing In Mandir

uhh, no offense veero but, where is this thread going exactly? lol
Exactly it's going nowhere.

I don't understand why some people have taken offense to my view, of if live and let live. If someone wants to pray in a particular manner, why should it concern anyone else, why do you have to condemn him for it. Okay, I admit I was misguided and ignorant to the fact Amarjit Chawla was involved in Pantihc affairs and so it was totally wrong for him to be worshiping there. When someone posted that and informed me, I understood why he should not have been there. But, some seemed to pick up on only one part of a statement I expressed and have took it out of context and have just concentrated on it. Everything else I wrote was discarded and ignored.

Please read Azaad's post. It there states he did not even worship, just visited the mandir.

Some people obviously have tried to present reality in a different light by adding captions and trying to imply something which doesn't seem to be the case.

I know I have stated it many times before in earlier posts in this thread, but you can see how things can be taken out of context and distorted.

Even before I posted on this thread I stated in my profile about contradictory texts / facts in Sikhi. Just from this one thread I can see how if someone has a premisconception, they will look for and focus on specific detail which backsup their view and base their argument on that point, discarding the rest of the evidence.

I think this thread has ran it's course but it's up to the sangat!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amarjit Singh Chawla is the current Chairman of the Punjab Public Service Commission which has the equivalent status of a cabinet minister. This means he is a public figure with the salary and perks of a Punjab Government Minister.

The pictures shown in this thread try to show that Amarjit Singh Chawla is singing at a Mandir. However sources in Punjab have said that Chawla was present at the event in the capacity of his role as the Chairman of the PPSC AND did not sing.

The pictures show him doing a speech in which he addresses the people gathered there. As a Sikh, people may argue that going to a Mandir is wrong but as a Public Figure who has to interact with the public he has no real choice but to attend functions in Gurdwara's, Mandirs, Mosques, Churches etc

An example that maybe you could relate to (in the UK anyway) is of Virender Sharma whos the MP for Ealing Southall. He is also the Indian Overseas Congress President and many people see him as a Hardcore extremist Right wing Hindu.

However he attends many events at Sri Guru Singh Sabha Havelock Rd and addresses the Sangat as their local MP. And on many occassions many Guru-Ghars have honoured Sharma by giving him a Siropa and even a Sri Sahib.

In this instance aswell Chawla attended the event in his capacity as the Chairman of the PPSC. He was also honoured by the organisers by giving him "Mata ki Chadar" which is the red cloth around him in one of the pictures.

Some people obviously have tried to present reality in a different light by adding captions and trying to imply something which doesn't seem to be the case.

Very well cleared.This thread is copied from site of <banned word filter activated> ragi Darshan lal by his sympathisers.

Ragi drashan lal's site is a propaganda site established by his family to write trash for panthic

personalities.It is designed to do imgage wroship of ragi and to keep his fast fading image alive

in public by posting lies.

This thread should be considered a misleading and mischief laden to defame sikhs who exposed darshan lal.

This thread should be considered a misleading and mischief laden to defame sikhs who exposed darshan lal.

The whole thread or just that post?

Look I know it will sound childish I apologise in advance but please I don't support Darshan Lal or any other Darshan red,white and blue. Not even Darshan the star-spangled banner. I have no affilations with any organisations. I just used Azaad's quote, to state he was not worshiping, to support the fact things can be taken out of context. Yes there are two sides to everything. I took the statement at face value, it could be true, it maybe false. I will look into it.

I am not here to defame anyone especailly Sikh's. I only post my own view. Sorry maybe I have taken it the wrong way and misunderstood your post GPS. Just to make it clear I do not support Darshan Lal's views. Sorry to his fan club if I offended you.

I just wanted to post I do not support those views!!!!!

Dear Only Five,

I stated

Does bani not state that wecan't go to GOD directly, we need Guru Ji. (English translation of SGGS, takenfrom Prof. Shaib Singh Ji).

That is the point with regards to Prof. Shaib Singh JI. That is supporting my view with evidence. Not hiding behind someone.

The part about I don't know is as follows;

I know and this translates into what I asked you. Read my last post, but I'll present the question here aswell. Show us where Prof Sahib Singh ji says we can't go to God directly, we need Guru ji? Keep in mind Guru ji and God are one. It's not that Prof Sahib Singh ji said it, it's your misintrepretation on his writing.

So maybe Hindu's connect in their ownway I don't know. I don't know how Hindu's pray in mandirs.
I don't know how or what are Hindu practices. Maybe it was my mistake I should have started a new paragraph, but, as stated in earlier posts by me, a full stop indicates the end of a sentence. After a full stop a new point is then being made.

Fair enough, this even isn't apart of the bigger issue we are discussing, no need to drag it out.

Also provide me with the link where Prof Sahib Singh says God can't take human form or something close to it.

Now your whole argument is flawed, is it not! (Please read all with out making a judgement just yet)

If you think GOD can take human form or something close to it, by the way your words not mine. Then with that logic GOD can take any form right? So are Hindhu's right? To them GOD maybe in the form of an idol, you seem to think GOD can take any form don't you? Does that not then include deities in mandirs? I have stated before I think idol worship is not right, so have you but now you are contradicting yourself. (However, I have also said if someone else wants to, so be it. No skin off my nose how or what anyone else does). Look please do forgive me I'm not psyhic like you, but as a rational person is that not a correct analysis.

Listen please try to learn the art of debate, learn to read and examine the evidence before you without having pre-misconceptions, making judgments based on your take of things. As in the responses you have posted you have totally discarded my views with comments such as thats trash or name calling. Not say describing someone as another religion is so bad but still. I know you don't beleive the statement I have made just above, but the point I am making is the following. I have taken your words, not changed them and then taken them out of context. If someone was to view and only look at this one part there is quite strong evidence with the point I have put across. Is there not?

I get your point and trust me I did not take your words out of context. But here is the answer even when you take out my words out of context to try to teach me a lesson. Guru Nanak Dev ji already said an idol is lifeless and any person who worships and idol will sink just like it in the world ocean. So if next time someone try's to present that side, now you can give them an answer.

So please before making accusations or thinking other things take your time read everything, don't focus on just one sentance. Before responding to a post and discarding the response as trash, take time to read every word, and also the previous posts. Sometimes when posting again you do not reiterate your previous points.

I did not say your post was trash, I said the language and insults being used are trash by both.

Please also can you provide a link or the name of the text/ book/ author where I can find out more translations and in depth analysis of the interpretations you have posted please. Genuinley I really do want to learn the meaning's of the Guru's teachings.

Gurdssingh, what I wrote is my own explanation on mool mantar. It's just what I have learned over the coarse of reading Gurbani. If you want to listen to katha done on mool mantar and Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji then, I can pm you later, currently those links are not accessible to me now. Also about books then ask pjs ji.

I seriously thought as every where I have looked Guru Nanak Dev Ji, stated he was not GOD, but the messenger of the ALMIGHTY. Please like I stated before I don't know very much I want to learn. I will also check out the you tube link. Thank you.

There are reason's why Guru Nanak Dev ji, did not call himself God. One is humility and another would be so people don't start worshipping his body and start making idols shaped as Guru Nanak Dev ji to worship the it. Also to show the Sikhs not to get lost in ego.

By the way what does the following mean?

QuoteNirbhoa - has no fear

Nirvarh - has NO HATE. Should we as mere human's not also practice this?

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Is that wrong or is it funny?

Don't make anything out of it. It's just cuz both us were doing it.

uhh, no offense veero but, where is this thread going exactly? lol huh.gif

It took a u-turn and went back to the core, mool mantar. I say it's better than the original thread where it was just started to spread propaganda. Take some pics and write lies under it.

Thanks for Azaad to presenting the original topic in it's true colors.