Fear

Dhillion09

Hello everyone.

Sometimes I just have this overwhelming fear of something bad happening. I have made mistakes in the past and i'm just fearful of some people finding out. I'm on the right road and trying to stop all my bad ways. (I used to lie, drink, gossip, smoke, mess around) and like i said, some things i regret so much, the feeling of that regret sometimes reduces me to tears. How can I just get rid of this horrible feeling of fear and guilt.

I just want to be forgiven and be positive. Most of all I want to feel safe. I know the almighty is watching. How can I tell him to help me?

God bless you all.

WJKK WJKF

I have seen a similar post like this before too few months back. Is it same person, or different person is feeling the same.

As much as I understand life so far, enemy is within us, fear is within us, and GOD is within us too.

There is not much to do with outside world. its inside of us which needs developing, with which sometimes outside world helps and sometimes damages.

Wake up one morning and say to yourself, I am not afraid of anything. I am going to re-align my life from now on according to Gurmat, there is nothing in world which could damage my physical body or my mental piece. I am not going to let it get to me whatever happens.

You will be a new person from that day. And please please dont' go the wrong ways again. Do ardas to vaheguru jee to protect you from walking on the wrong roads.

Every step you take in life, there are almost always two directions to choose. Just keep choosing the one where you think Vaheguru jee would be proud of you while watching you every step of your life.

NOBODy could ever scare you in your whole life. And never ever be afraid of people saying "nau sau choohe kha ke billi huj nu challi. Answer in your mind "challis taa sahi, countless aje vee nahi chulliyaan".

And everyone has a past, if life didn't start with nam japna to start with (which is true for most of us) but how cloudy, that could differ from person to person.

And commenting on being forgiven, Forgive yourself then you are forgiven. Thats the hardest part to do. Sometimes others forgive us, but we don't forgive ourselves.

But if this feeling of not being forgiven keeps coming to you, then whenever there is opportunity of having Guru sahib present in human form in the form of Panj piyare, tell your story to them, and guru bakhashanhar hai and do exactly what Panj instruct you to do.

Guru Ang sang.

Guest fearful

I'm probably the same person that posted a while back, you sound exactly like me!

I always feel like my past, (which included every single thing you've listed) will come back on me. I know in my heart that the only reason I am not being punished now is because I do paath and naam jaap.

Pray to for god to preserve your honour and not let anyone find out, do ardas, god will listen.

Pray for your fear to go away and most importantly to be healed, the pain and regret is so difficult to overcome, you cannot do it alone.

I used to cry all the time remembering the things I did, but if you pray for help it will come to you and your pain will be taken away.

Have faith, wake up at amrit vela as much as possible, do paath, relax and listen to kirtan. Do this for at least 2 weeks. Understand the meaning of gurbani and form a loving connection with the guru.

Eventually you will come to realise that this world is temporary, in illusion, and you can be forgiven for anything- Guru nanak forgave Sajjan thug for murder- his love is unconditional-

Learn from your mistakes and rise above them, you have already began to rise above your worldly desires showing you've changed as a person, drinking smoking are such difficult habits and things to overcome but you're moving forward and its only up you can go from here.

Try not to remember your past, realise that you're different now and your perception of life has changed, move forward and think forward, do naam jaap and make a loving connection with Guruji. Good luck.

ਨਿਰਗੁਣੁ ਰਾਖਿ ਲੀਆ ਸੰਤਨ ਕਾ ਸਦਕਾ ॥

Nirguṇ rākẖ lī▫ā sanṯan kā saḏkā.

I am unworthy, but He has saved me, for the sake of the Saints.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਢਾਕਿ ਲੀਆ ਮੋਹਿ ਪਾਪੀ ਪੜਦਾ ॥

Saṯgur dẖāk lī▫ā mohi pāpī paṛ▫ḏā.

The True Guru has covered by faults; I am such a sinner.

ਢਾਕਨਹਾਰੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਹਮਾਰੇ ਜੀਅ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਸੁਖਦਾਤੇ ॥

Dẖākanhāre parabẖū hamāre jī▫a parān sukẖ▫ḏāṯe.

God has covered for me; He is the Giver of the soul, life and peace.

ਅਬਿਨਾਸੀ ਅਬਿਗਤ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਪੂਰਨ ਪੁਰਖ ਬਿਧਾਤੇ ॥

Abẖināsī abigaṯ su▫āmī pūran purakẖ biḏẖāṯe.

My Lord and Master is Eternal and Unchanging, Ever-present; He is the Perfect Creator, the Architect of Destiny.

ਉਸਤਤਿ ਕਹਨੁ ਨ ਜਾਇ ਤੁਮਾਰੀ ਕਉਣੁ ਕਹੈ ਤੂ ਕਦ ਕਾ ॥

Usṯaṯ kahan na jā▫e ṯumārī ka▫uṇ kahai ṯū kaḏ kā.

Your Praise cannot be described; who can say where You are?

ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸੁ ਤਾ ਕੈ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਮਿਲੈ ਨਾਮੁ ਹਰਿ ਨਿਮਕਾ ॥੪॥੧॥੧੧॥

Nānak ḏās ṯā kai balihārī milai nām har nimkā. ||4||1||11||

Slave Nanak is a sacrifice to the one who blesses him with the Lord's Name, even for an instant. ||4||1||11||

Once you have given you head to Guru Sahib by taking AMrit Guru Sahib paij rakhdey, Guru Sahib saves our respect, Our Father is Guru Gobind Singh ji Why should we worry?

Reading Bani gives us inner strength, power and Confidence, we oursleves dont have any power to do any good, its all Maharaj di kirpa,

Nanak Naam Chardi Kala

Teri Bhane SARBAt da Bhala!