Freedom Of Expressiom- Is It Available For Spokesman Only?

We have a news in Punjabi Spokesman criticizing publication of "Prachin Panth prakash"

written by Ratan singh bhangu(sometimes aroung 1860-1870) .The contention of the writer

of the news article is that it contains derogatory and anti Gurmat ideas attributed to Baba

Banda Singh ji . Ihave read the book from 1st to last page , the comments ascribed are to

an extent true, but (I) the SGPC has been publishing the book since long the preface clearly

describing that the book is completely unabridged ie no part has been deleted , the editing

of only matras and missing letters in mss have been undertaken which means that the editors

and the publishers have tried to put the book before public as it was written by the author.

the author hailing from the family of Bhai Mehtab Singh (who was part of the duo who killed

Massa Ranghar in Darbar Sahib ) was a good source of sikh history during his lifetime,

agreeing some of the incidents described by him may not be true, he may have personal bias

against some sects (as the Spokesman team too has), but we cannot dismiss every word

written by the author.

most of all , like Joginder Singh , Kala Afgana and likes , Ratan Singh bhangu too had the right

to speak, write and express what he thought correct.Is not it the double standard being shown

by the people named above ? they dismiss all the historic works of sikh history , be it Suraj

Prakash , Guru Mahima , Mahima Prakash, Guru Bilas , Panth Prakash . Even I myself do consider

some of the incidents described in these books incorrect, but cannot deny the importance of these

books as valuable source of sikh history.

Does these guys at work in The Spokesman think that they are the only learned people (past

present and Future ) born in Sikh Families?Do any work to be published about sikhism needs

only their prior approval and we do not have right to read what this gang does not like?

Sorry if some one finds my views offeding

Joginder Spokesman has not spared Guru sahib's writings also. He has written that SGGS ji is polluted and Guru sahib's banis are not authentic.THis was in his editorial of march 16 , 2010.

He has been booked under criminal charges section 295.He applied for bail in Punjab high court and was refused. He applied for bail in District sessions judge Amritsar and he refused bial for him on May 6, 2010.

THis group of Joginder spokesman, Kala afghana and missionaries are hell bent upon to distort sikh history. More of them like Jagtar jachak, Tarsem Singh, paramjit Srana should be taken to courts and then only they will care for sikh sentiments.

Condemning religious belief of a community is certainly not freedom of expression. This is a criminal act for which there is a jail term for 10 years without bail in India.May be he was yearning for that as he was continuously provoking sikhs.He started with Dasam Granth sahib and acme to SGGS ji.

Note: My request to poster is that he should give reference of newspaper article instead of writing a general note.

this is not a general note , it has appeared in the paper Dt 7 may , with the heading:-

SHRIMANI CMITTEE WALLON CHAPE "PANTH PRAKASH " WICH KUFAR DA SIKHAR

APPEARED ON PAGE 7 , can be seen on website of the paper ,rozana spokesman.com

the news is attributed to charanjit singh of Amritsar

r

further , what i mean is , while enjoying our own freedom of expression , why someone

should try to gag others, instead of starting healthy debate .

Does freedom of expression means my freedom only? Does every body has to agree with me

on all points? othewise it blasphemy , is this kind of thinking not talibanisation ?

any society masches forward by dropping the outdated and accepting new ideas,

(not dropping the eternally true values) through discussions, but criticising others in such

foul language is real ly disgusting

further , what i mean is , while enjoying our own freedom of expression , why someone

should try to gag others, instead of starting healthy debate .

Does freedom of expression means my freedom only? Does every body has to agree with me

on all points? othewise it blasphemy , is this kind of thinking not talibanisation ?

any society masches forward by dropping the outdated and accepting new ideas,

(not dropping the eternally true values) through discussions, but criticising others in such

foul language is real ly disgusting

Joginder spokesman can comment on kissa of heer ranjha.No one should object to his writings.

Condemning scriptures and history of a religion is not a freedom of speech.It is not categorised

as freedom of speech that is the reason it is defined as a criminal offence in the law of that country

and is punishable by jail for ten years.

It is not freedom of speech that is why two apex courts have refused him bail. One need to shun one's talibanized mind

and see the activity as thuggery and Indian law very clearly indicts such actions.