Grays Sangat Votes To Allowe Alcohol, Meat And Tobacco

Guest Reporter

It is disgusting to watch people fighting in the Darbar hall .I am sikh by birth and was horrified to hear and see what todays sikhs looking for in guru ghar which supposted to be a worship place.We seemed to forgetting sikh values and meat and shrab become a part of their life.It was also said that when gaini's family member got married meat and shrab was served in the hall in question.Most of older and younger folks are in favour of meat and shrab to be served.It is sad we older folks must have made money but we failed to teach our kids little basic rules of guru's respect.Most of all meat and shrab to be served in the community hall in boundry of gurdwara is totally wrong.It is also said in sikhi that shrab and other nasha distroy mind, body,money etc.

WJKK WJKF

Please remember these are not my personal views

I have been asked by the Management Committee of Sikh Temple, Grays to write. This is to advise all the members of this forum, that Alcohol or Meat or any other non vegetarian food was not served at the weeding of Gianiji`s daughter.

Our Gianiji is very popular and well liked among the Grays Community. He follows Gurmat and Sikh code of conduct as required by Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

WJKK WJKF

Please remember these are not my personal views

I have been asked by the Management Committee of Sikh Temple, Grays to write. This is to advise all the members of this forum, that Alcohol or Meat or any other non vegetarian food was not served at the weeding of Gianiji`s daughter.

Our Gianiji is very popular and well liked among the Grays Community. He follows Gurmat and Sikh code of conduct as required by Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

Jasvinder1958 Ji,

Many thanks for coming on-line.

Is there anything further the Management Committee of Sikh Temple, Grays would like to feedback to the sangat regarding events since 30 May 2010?

Gurmukho, I called the Grays gurudwara number yesterday and they have got the same old guy sitting over there. He was not very helpful and when I accused him of siding with wrong people, he started shouting and asked me to do whatever I can. I must admit I was bit angry right from the start but didn't expect such behaviour from a granthi. More so because he ignored my accusations straightaway and asked me to do whatever I could.

I must remind you that major events have their roots in petty things which have been ignored. I know a sikh family managing another gurudwara in Nottingham. They drink, smoke and do everything that shouldn't be by any sewadar of a gurudwara. I bet if we allow this to go through in Grays and do nothing about it, many more UK gurudwaras will follow and then there will have to be another large scale protest (and who knows bloodshed) to reverse things.

My earnest suggestion is to please lets get together in Grays (somebody suggested that in this thread but not sure why didn't follow it up) and take Guru maharaj away until they reverse the decision. Or if anyody has got a better idea, lets do that. but the first step is to get together in Grays and show the offenders that reactions do occur. At present, I won't be surprised if they are just waiting on things to happen and if nobody takes an action, they will just let it through anf forget about it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take some pain (some personal sacrifices for our beloved Guru) and lets get together.

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

I would just like to add that the Giani at Grays Gurdwara, Giani Rashpal Singh ji, is a fantastic person. I do not believe he would have had meat or sharaab served on the wedding of his children. I have known him since i was a child and have a huge amount of respect for him as do the youth in the Grays area. Anything said against him should be backed up with evidence otherwise it's pure slander and libel.

Fight the fight on the issues and please refrain from defaming innocent people who have spent their whole lives devoted to Sikhism such as Giani Rashpal Singh Ji otherwise back it up with proof.

Thanks

WJKK WJKF

I would just like to add that the Giani at Grays Gurdwara, Giani Rashpal Singh ji, is a fantastic person. I do not believe he would have had meat or sharaab served on the wedding of his children. I have known him since i was a child and have a huge amount of respect for him as do the youth in the Grays area. Anything said against him should be backed up with evidence otherwise it's pure slander and libel.

Fight the fight on the issues and please refrain from defaming innocent people who have spent their whole lives devoted to Sikhism such as Giani Rashpal Singh Ji otherwise back it up with proof.

Thanks

As harsh as it sounds....if Giani Ji has principles and devoted to Sikhi, why is he allowing himself to be exploited by the committee..??...From what is now emerging the meat and alcohol have been served in the Grays Gurdwara complex for several years already...

The congregation will only be as strong and principled as the preachers. If the preachers give in to the manmat by turning the other cheek, then what chance have the congregation got..?

There has to be a large proportion of blame targeted towards the Gianis, Granthis who hide behind a facade of being helpless acting as loyal employees of the committees. Time for the Granthi's in these situations to "man up" or accept their part in the whole beadbi.

Giani Ji may not drink alcohol or eat meat, but he is willing to still be employed by a committee who will exploit Sikhi to promote their own manmat. He can be an inspiration to everyone by walking out of Grays in the name of Principle....

or can be just another run of the mill "fantastic person" who has sold himself out for a salary...

• 3 months later...
Guest Backtothefuture

the comittee is denying they hold any anti sikh activity now...lol...i spoke to a comittee member who told me he is not for the hall and said that some comittee members r trying to play stupid inorder to keep ppl away from grays. they will deny any wrong doing just so no one turns up next week.

the family whos party it is dont want to discus the issue.

Sangat needs to be aware of deflective tactics.

maybe a lesson in sikhi is needed for the comittee.

the comittee is denying they hold any anti sikh activity now...lol...i spoke to a comittee member who told me he is not for the hall and said that some comittee members r trying to play stupid inorder to keep ppl away from grays. they will deny any wrong doing just so no one turns up next week.

the family whos party it is dont want to discus the issue.

Sangat needs to be aware of deflective tactics.

maybe a lesson in sikhi is needed for the comittee.

New topic regarding 16 October started....see link below.....