Women wearing suits!!

Mkhalsa

Why is there still segregation between men and women at the local gurdwaras? Women are "suppose" to wear a suit, whereas men can wear pants, shirts, etc. Men should also suppose to dress appropriately, meaning wear a bana (kurta pajama, or chola). I understand the reason behind women not being able to wear pants, shirts, etc.

But it doesn't make it right, then the situation is very to muslim women wearing a hijab, and/or covering their head at all times, whereas men can dress how they want..

Just wanted to throw it out there..

Bhul chuk muaf! ^_^

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mehtab

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

You bring a good point Daljeet. While I was in Chicago, there was this discussion among the sangat, and at the end I decided that I shall start wearing kurta pajama to the Gurdwara rather than shirt and jeans/pant. I seriously think that rules should be the same for all. If we hate the site of a bibi doing matha tek wearing jeans (for obvious reasons), it should be the same for guys also.

bhul chukk maaf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guest mehtab

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

You are right bhenji, das was talking about non-Amritdharis like himself.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i get sick of people who come on this forum n say "stop bickering over little things"...

HEL-LO?! THIS IS A DISCUSSION FORUM. WE ARE HERE TO "DISCUSS". As long as the topic is not controversial, any topic to do with the Sikh community (because this is a Sikh community forum) is allowed so Ryu, if you dont like the topic... dont read it. Not being disrespectful but just voicing my opinion. Sorry for nething said out of context jio :wub:

Guest Jahan

I agree with Ryu that devotees to the Gurdwara should only need to dress appropriately. The clothes you wear mean nothing in the big scheme of things. Think logically, what will one particular style of clothing mean in terms of faith and spirituality? Nothing. In terms of respect, western garms can be just as appropriate (non-revealing, non-attention seeking) as a traditional Punjabi dress/suit.

even kurta pajama, or suits (ie salwar kameez) are MUSLIM BANA!!!

Sorry, please dont belittle your own people like that. Kurta Pajama and Salwar-Kameez are purely Punjabi dress, they having no religious identity attached to them, only cultural ones. The styles of clothing obviously continue to change over time but the basic dress/suit are likely to have existed way before Islam arrived in Punjab...

Guest mehtab

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Now I am wondering if Gurujee bothers about external clothes as long as one has love and devotion in his/her heart (and is wearing the panj kakaars if he/she is Amritdhari ). Please lets not look down upon anyone for such reasons. No doubt there is nothing compared to bana, but if someone doesn't know about it, or doesn't have bana, or feels comfortable that way decently, then I don't understand what is the fuss. If there has to be a rule, it should be for both genders.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!