Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee at ur home ??

Do you have Prakash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji at your home?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have Prakash of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji at your home?

• No
    • Yes

We personally at home have made one huge manji the size of a twin bed. So about 5'9'' long by 3 feet wide. We do prakash and sukhasan on this one manjee. It was Baba Isher Singh from Nanaksar who I had read about that inspired me to set up our home temple like this. How do some of you keep maharaj after sukhasan? The above story about the ox's is actually from the time of Baba Nand Singh of Nanaksar, he is the sant that they are refering to.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, WAheguru ji ki Fateh!

I never knew there is supposed to be a different manjee/bed for Guru Granth Sahib Ji to be kept on, after Sukhaasan. We keep Guru Granth Sahib Ji on the palki itself, but put a different rumaala on top after doing Sukhaasan. I always saw in Gurudwaras that they take Guru ji to a separate room, but didn't know it was a requirement. I would like to know if it is a requirement, and if I am doing beadbi of Guru ji by keeping Guru Granth Sahib Ji on the palki after Sukhaasan.

Bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Bhagat ji, isn't it wrong to Have Maharaj ji, and not to do parkash
first of all we have prakash on two other SGGS's so its not like we're not doin it at all. and second of all if its too hard to read we might make mistakes while reading which is bedbi..
How do some of you keep maharaj after sukhasan?

we also have a King Size bed for the three birs and a palki and a chandowa

vwihgurUjIkwKwlsw!

vwihgurUjIkI&iqh!!

i don't know anything... i've learned the following from gursikhs in my sangat...

apparently sant baba harnaam singh jee was a very loving person and he would give his love and blessings to anybody in the sangat - he was very humble and anybody who greeted him would get greeted back. however, baba jee completely ignored the person who showed disrespect to guru granth sahib. baba jee would not even come close to the person who knew they were causing disrespect to guru sahib but did nothing about it.

other gursikhs have told me the following maryadas:

1) if you have more than one suroop of guru sahib, you should keep the other suroops on a sufficient size sukh asin bed and you should only do parkaash of one suroop at one time. if you consider guru sahib as your guru, there is only one guru and you should not have "side-by-side" parkash or more than one akhand paath like the gurdwaras ( *sigh* they have long rows of akhand paaths) these days.

2) if you only have the resources in your home for one area for guru granth sahib jee, you should have sufficient space, a takhat posh, and a respectful space where you would want the spiritual light of the universe to be kept :wub:

3) the house where there is guru granth sahib jee shouldn't have alcohol and meat... if it becomes an issue and you can't get rid of the alcohol and meat

then you should take it upon yourself to take guru sahib to a more respectful location, because guru sahib is our father and mother, and the spiritual light of the universe.

bhul chuk maaf karnaa jee

vwihgurUjIkwKwlsw!

vwihgurUjIkI&iqh!!

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, WAheguru ji ki Fateh!

I never knew there is supposed to be a different manjee/bed for Guru Granth Sahib Ji to be kept on, after Sukhaasan. We keep Guru Granth Sahib Ji on the palki itself, but put a different rumaala on top after doing Sukhaasan. I always saw in Gurudwaras that they take Guru ji to a separate room, but didn't know it was a requirement. I would like to know if it is a requirement, and if I am doing beadbi of Guru ji by keeping Guru Granth Sahib Ji on the palki after Sukhaasan.

Bhul chuk maaf

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

WJKK WJKFateh!

Yes, you're suppose to have a separate bed for Guru Granth Sahib ji, after doing sukh aasan you should put maharaj's beed on the bed. Then when you do parkash bring maharaj dee beed from the bed to the palki sahib.

This is the proper maryada, and should be followed strictly.

WJKK WJKFateh!

sikhi please, read that post, have you contacted anyone yet???????? :wub: :cool: ;)

Singh Sahib,

I will be going there this weekend to sort out the problem, I have spoken to them over the phone and they have agreed to let me take Sri Guru Granth Sahib to the local Gurdwara.