Grave Concerns For Gravesnd Sangat

sall

I understand that the organiser has been in contact with the Gurdwara reps and the film will be shown at another location.  I also note that the General Sec and other Gurdwara reps had recommended showning a Sikhi based film from the outset.  I was wondering whether there was a similar sense of feeling when Kabaddi tournaments and a previous Harbhajan Mann concert have been held on the grounds

I appreciate and acknowledge people's sentiments and can only hope that these people put as much effort into Panthic activities as you do criticising hardworking sevadars

SikhWorldTV-I seriously wouldn't believe the footage you have posted (most of it isn't specific to Gravesend and the sections that are, are inaccurate), the shear hard work, dedication and commitment shown by the sevadars to deliver the world's largest Gurdwara deserves more respect. Appreciate the Committee needs to be reviewed and updated, in due course that will be the case. At which time I hope people stand up and take an active role.

@Singhstah-If by annual parade you mean the Remembrance, Freedom and Justice Rally-quite frankly shame on you. Our Shaheeds deserve more than remarks like that as too the widows and orphens.

Bhul chuk maaf.

Khivi Kaur Ji,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

When speaking to someone on the phone in the office yesterday evening, he believed that the showing was still taking place on Wednesday 21 Jul at the Gurdwara.... Also the Gravesham website still shows the venue as Guru Nanak Gurdwara Darbar??

Did not realise that the Gurdwara grounds have already been used for a Harbhajan Maan Concert, which is even more concerning....... No matter how much time, effort and money individuals have contributed to the bricks and mortar, if the principles become weak then the Gurdwara has lost it's purpose .

The old saying goes "Pelay Buildinga Kachia See, Sikh Pakay See...Hoon Buildinga Pakay A, Sikh Kachay A"

LIES LIES LIES.

President Jaspal singh.. General Secretary Narinderjit Singh ( Sikh Federation ).... Acting President Swaran Singh are 100% in favour of showing this film even if they have to arrange police to be there. Please note this is no hear say or made up , These are conversations on the phone with the names mentioned.

I understand that the organiser has been in contact with the Gurdwara reps and the film will be shown at another location.  I also note that the General Sec and other Gurdwara reps had recommended showning a Sikhi based film from the outset.  I was wondering whether there was a similar sense of feeling when Kabaddi tournaments and a previous Harbhajan Mann concert have been held on the grounds

I appreciate and acknowledge people's sentiments and can only hope that these people put as much effort into Panthic activities as you do criticising hardworking sevadars

SikhWorldTV-I seriously wouldn't believe the footage you have posted (most of it isn't specific to Gravesend and the sections that are, are inaccurate), the shear hard work, dedication and commitment shown by the sevadars to deliver the world's largest Gurdwara deserves more respect. Appreciate the Committee needs to be reviewed and updated, in due course that will be the case. At which time I hope people stand up and take an active role.

@Singhstah-If by annual parade you mean the Remembrance, Freedom and Justice Rally-quite frankly shame on you. Our Shaheeds deserve more than remarks like that as too the widows and orphens.

Bhul chuk maaf.

KhiviKaur ji are you part of the comittee? or a daughter of a comittee member?

In future please inform the Sangat of concerts or kabadi events taking place. I was not aware of Harbhajan Mann concert. Did you try to stop this?

Just wanted to clarify the authenticity of your comments.

WJKK WJKF

The focus here has to be higher than the blame game as we are discussing what should be and shouldn't be taken as events that can take place in a Gurdwara complex.

Kabbadi is a regular, so is football- any physical activity which encourages fitness and well being is not banned by SGGS...in fact our Guru Sahiban encouraged and started wrestling around their own Gurdwara complex such as Kadoor Sahib in Punjab. However the issue we have is Kabaddi supporters who turn up drunk in the grounds and go through security. This still is a problem, I have seen Kabaddi take place in Gurdwara complex in Canada every week with my own two eyes, but no alcoholics anywhere near to be seen. Something has to learned and adapted.

Harbajjan maan concert happenned there when there was no Gurdwara present like it is TODAY which was about 10 odd years ago.

Again no bashing please sangat from all over the UK and beyond has contributed to this Gurdwara all the more important that guidelines and protocol needs to be set up.

LIES LIES LIES.

President Jaspal singh.. General Secretary Narinderjit Singh ( Sikh Federation ).... Acting President Swaran Singh are 100% in favour of showing this film even if they have to arrange police to be there. Please note this is no hear say or made up , These are conversations on the phone with the names mentioned.

Based on face to face conversation with the organiser and phone conversation with the President.

KhiviKaur ji are you part of the comittee? or a daughter of a comittee member?

In future please inform the Sangat of concerts or kabadi events taking place. I was not aware of Harbhajan Mann concert. Did you try to stop this?

Just wanted to clarify the authenticity of your comments.

No to both your questions, are you?

I'm no commitee spokeperson just a concerned individual, hoping to be an better Sikh today compared to yesterday and an even better one tomorrow

Re: Harbhajan Mann-I was about 10 at the time so no again.

No to both your questions, are you?

I'm no commitee spokeperson just a concerned individual, hoping to be an better Sikh today compared to yesterday and an even better one tomorrow

Re: Harbhajan Mann-I was about 10 at the time so no again.

Please don't get so defensive. I was merely trying to establish facts.

Well i guess coming on here and bringing up the Harbhajan mann thing is a bit ridiculous...considering we were all probably about 10 then :)

OMG!!!! WHAT PLUM gave permission for the Guru Ghar photo to be part of the promo poster and plaster the Gurdwaras NAME as the main promoter ALL over it - this is no better then looking like a cheap curry house icon for people to think this place is a BOLLYWOOD THEME PARK.

Before any Gravesend bluffer says anything don't bother or start crying and marching to your MP when college kids start using these Gurdwara photos as part of crude sexy creative ART projects for design as you can't say then "this is our place of holy worship we can't allow this it hurts our feeling" when already your "NAACH BASANTI NACH SHOLAY" poster with the "temple on" has already been released.

WELL DONE MORE OF THIS ANY IDEAS FOR A MUGHAL SUMMER BBQ PARTY F*$£$%%^!!!!