How Can We Revive Our Original Shastar Vidiya ?

Guest SarabjeetSingh

Guest SarabjeetSingh

smile.gif wjkk wjkf

I was wondering that if Gatka is really a watered down version of our original ancient Shastar vidiya , and is a "warm up" ( as some singhs say ) version of original Shastar vidiya , how can we revive our original shastar vidiya ? Is it possible ?

thanks

Guest SarabjeetSingh

yes , every sikh boy should learn gatka first , and also learn other martial arts

atleast one or 2 , remember , our second guru sahib encouraged wrestling a lot

we can learn wrestling, gatka , archery , and also some weaponless fighting skills

Today we have weak boys and girls in our community . Boys and Bibian need to come.

LOL like the modern enemies of the sikhs are really going to fight us using swords and spears?....a martial art should be learnt for basic self defense...but we need to master the gun to stand a chance martially in the modern world...

Bhai Sahib if that was the case than Guru Gobind Singh Jee would of gave use Tubeks (Guns) as kakkars as he gave u The Sri Sahib it must of been for a reason i agree with all of te above poster of how to get the giyaan of Vidiya but i also reckon you should read Sri Saster Naam Mala to get even more of a Giyaan

Mul Chuk Mafee

LOL like the modern enemies of the sikhs are really going to fight us using swords and spears?....a martial art should be learnt for basic self defense...but we need to master the gun to stand a chance martially in the modern world...

Sir, the discussion was about the old shastra vidya, further, the kirpan never runs out of ammo , got it

When I'm established I'm going to head to Punjab for some time and look for a teacher. My childhood dream was to do this, but go to Japan or China haha. That was when I didn't know much about shaster vidhiya...hehe

I'd want to learn from Niddar Singh's akharda, despite his weird views, but i still wouldn't be able to due to the distance gap...no support in the States.

my comment was not in disrespect of old shastar but i was tryin to make a point....i would like to ask a question..is the khalsa a army in name only or in practice???....are we capable millitarily of taking on a millitary of a world power...just like in the past our ancestors fought the mughal armies and the armies of the durrani empire...sword vs sword...musket vs musket...cannon vs cannon...spear vs spear....im just asking are we preaperd and capable of taking on armies who wield modern weapons which can casue mass destruction and death with only swords, spears, daggers and arrows...i am not questiononing the kirpan our beloved father gave us...a dagger or a small sword will always be the last defence a soldier has...it is part of our uniform and will never disappear but i am questioning our knowledge and willingness to adopt modern weapon of our time...our battlefield tactics..and equipment should be keeping up with our enemies..otherwise we are sitting ducks...im sure when laser guns or a futurisitc weapon is created by the will of waheguru..we wont be hanging onto our outdated and rusty AK47s...lol....people seem to forget shastar vidya..science of weapons...does not belong in the past..it involves not only old shastar..but shastar of the present time..and shastar of the future aswell...learning how to fire/clean/disassemble/reassemble an assault rifle can also be deemed shastar vidya...learning how to manafacture IEDs can also be deemed shastar vidya...is that not right?

I agree that guns ect is shaster vidiya as well, but those can be taught relatively easily if ever REALLY needed. Just stick with puritan shastar vidiya (the blade) and the rest comes after.

A person should keep Gurbani at an equal, if not higher level with your shaster vidiya so you know where and where not to use your weapon. It should always be for protection or helping a helpless individual(s) before zulam.