Obama Drops Plans Of Going To Amritsar

SikhWorldTv

Thats good. A tyrant like him should'n visit such a blessed place. That would be like having Aurangzeb to visit the temple

If you think he is a tyrant, what did you think Bush and Blair were? The devil incarnate?

Do you seriously think he is akin to Auranga? Seriously?

It would have been great for him to go, despite the fear of what people think, in my opinion. I mean, contrary to a lot of those statements, you would be surprised how many here really are close minded to other religions/lifestyles, and don't take the time to look into them. I suppose maybe some of them could have been enlightened through this, taught something at least. A lot would not have listened, I'm sure, but it would have been a great opportunity to show respect for others and acceptance in general.

In fact, the action itself, and reasoning behind it, gives people MORE reason to be suspicious-I've already heard it starting up around here. "He isn't going because he doesn't want us to find out", "He won't go because he's Muslim". People will not be pleased with either decision... it would be nice if he would do it just because he wants to.

I don't mean to sound critical of him, but considering the lifestyle of the Sikhs isn't based on how others think of one physically so much, but should be more in actions... his reasoning really bothers me :(

Sorry if I have offended anyone, I do not mean to, and I don't mean to be passing judgment on him. I have a tendency to really want the true reasons to things like that, and over analyze, and this reasoning itself doesn't seem to make enough sense to me.

Lol no they'd more likely think he's wearing a bandana which he could actually wear.

The whole muslim ship sailed long ago when America wikipedia'ed him after he was elected only to find their muslim fighting hero's midde name is Hussein! Lol.

The real reason: He's so corrupt and evil the sanctity of the place would blind him. And people worship him like an idol, it's mad.

Why give so much importance to a mortals like obama? If he doesn't want to come its his bad karams!

^^I agree with you!

WJKK WJKF

I would say the opposite, it's great Mr. Obama has declined it,do you seriously think the SGPC clowns and puppets can manage the visit properly?

hmm...

It could have just made a big mess in general.... either way, over here it will, lol. People here are only happy if they are complaining a lot of the time it seems anymore :p

Has he prosecuted anyone in the bush administration in relation to the iraq war and guantanamo?

He is much better than Bush however he is still a puppet for wall street. Different face but the same foreign policies. Now he is trying to demonize Iran with the same arguments his predecessor used on iraq. What, did'n wall street make enough money on iraq so now they need another war?

Im not saying he can not go to Darbar Sahib im simply saying its a shame sangat has to be in company with tyrants like him if he go

Has he prosecuted anyone in the bush administration in relation to the iraq war and guantanamo?

He is much better than Bush however he is still a puppet for wall street. Different face but the same foreign policies. Now he is trying to demonize Iran with the same arguments his predecessor used on iraq. What, did'n wall street make enough money on iraq so now they need another war?

Im not saying he can not go to Darbar Sahib im simply saying its a shame sangat has to be in company with tyrants like him if he go

Mate, the way Bush cranked up the cowboy crap had Sikhs in a very precarious position. Maybe you don't see it, but just Obama being there has lessened this significantly.

Truth is that this guy has been getting every initiative of his blocked by right wing Republicans, the same people who have people in high positions who think it is okay to call others 'ragheads'. Americans seem to have an unbelievably naive understanding of what a leader can actually do without cooperation and goodwill from other politicians.

Whatever his flaws, at least he cranked down that stupid 'yee haw!' guns blazin' Texan nonsense that had the whole world thinking America is a country that doesn't even recognise it has a low IQ person in charge.

When Obama was handed a country that had embroiled itself in dubious or poorly thought out wars with a rampant, selfish corporate culture that had collapsed the economy, did you guys REALLY think he was going to magic everything back to the good old days? You want a magician not a president then.

I mean at least he is practically out of Iraq and keeping things cool globally. You think Republicans, with their supporter's hands in the military hardware manufacturing troth wouldn't go 'yee haaaaw' and jump into Iran with gay abandon?

No disrespect but you guys have a reputation of not being able to spot subtleties and if you can't see the difference between Obama and the <banned word filter activated> who preceded him then GOD help us!

Obama inherited a poison chalice. Plus gets NO SUPPORT from the other side of the senate, even on stuff that any decent human would go along with.

This is a man in a very delicate position. Given that I think he has done well with all things considered.

You guys are crazy. Here in the UK we have accepted that the current situation necessitates severe government cuts etc. My point is that sometimes leaders can't produce magical results - intelligent people realise this.

Brother/sister, if you read history and knew what kind of policies Aurengzab pushed in his empire, you would feel ashamed to compare Obama with him. Obama is not trying to push any one religion on the populace, like Auranga. He hasn't flattened places of worship like Auranga, if anything he has pushed for more understanding and acceptance of different religions and communities. Obama hasn't ordered the execution of peaceful men of God like Auranga did with the 9th Guru. You should ask God for forgiveness for slandering him so badly! Whatever his faults, he is certainly no Aurengzab!

Lets be straight here anyway, the real problem is the masses of dumbo yanks who can't tell the difference between a Sikh and a Muslim. This isn't Obama's fault.

We faced harassment, racist abuse and violence quite regularly in the UK a few decades ago. Here a few people eventually got up and smacked heads back.

Instead of crying in America when someone doesn't highlight our case, go out and bravely make a reputation for yourselves like others have done in foreign countries before you. Don't just sit there getting beats all the time.

The real villains here (both US and UK) are the Anglo 'old boys network' who sit in their privileged places and do what they darn want - with no accountability to anyone. They are ones who have jeapordised everything not Obama. They are the ones who are stonewalling everything he is doing too!

What chance has the world got when folk can't even figure out who the bad guys are and aren't?

Waheguru save the world from gigantic forces with foolish, shortsighted people at the helm (i.e. the US). Also may he give smaller nations the sense not to jump on the bandwagon with such forces when they misadventure (i.e. like the UK did with that twit Blair).

I like to think the UK has been forced to learn hard lessons recently, I hope the US can too?

It would have been a step forward for Sikhs in the World if Obama came to Harmindar Sahib and Gursikhs could educate Obama on our current affairs and how Sikhi is a separate religion that has no ties to Islam or Hinduism or any other religion. At Harmindar Sahib he could see first hand how Sikhs behave and treat everyone equally regardless of religion or caste, etc, etc. Obama is in a position to make many decisions that affect not just the US but everyone in the world due to United States power.

But if he doesn't want to come, then that is his choice. Was reading some articles on this and some organizations are practically begging him, on two knees, to come to Harmindar Sahib. Now that is being a total fool and it just makes Sikhs look like we are some low class people. These leaders need to stand up and understand, Guru Sahib never begged anyone to come to a Gurdwara and neither did any Gursikhs. People come and go at there will, let's not make special arragements for anyone.

Thank God he is not going. Of course the Guru's doors are open to everyone. But this would have been taken the wrong way. Most of you people do not understand obama is a corporate puppet. There is no such thing as a government, the banks rule everything. Obama's real name is Barry Soetoro. He practices deception infront of everyone, right infront of you. And the sad thing is he would of got special treatment, if he went to a place like Amritsar. Nobody is more important than anyone else. God is in everyone of us. We are all divine. We are the children of God. the hierarchical pyramid structure we all seem to follow is an illusion. If the presidents are at the top of the pyramid, and we are the base. Well remember it is the base that holds up the top. Therefore their so called "power" is within us. Don't be a slave. Our true ruler is Waheguru, everything else is maya. Its all in God's hand anyway.