Punjab Pani

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Khalsa88, would u please explain why you think it is alright for the rest of india to piggyback off of our water? I mean, 75%, that's three-fourths, of our water is given to other states, while we've been persecuted, our lands made barren, and practically driven into the ground by 'our country'. Further more, i was dissapointed by 'our' Prime Minister Manmohan 'singh''s response.

In a way it makes sense to get posted in Shaheeds section, because many of the singhs and singhnees gave shaheedi for the river water rights of Punjab. The Anandpur Sahib resolution had many things relating to Punjabi issues as well as Sikh issues. Back in the 80's any singh talking about River water rights was shot as a terrorist, now these puppets of the centre are acting like they have just made a great discovery....

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

So now we're claiming fresh water?

What exactly is all this water used for, that it should need us to claim it from those 'heathens'. Are they wasting it away by taking nice long hot showers?

No, no. I figured it out. They're evaporating it and making clouds with it so they can launch an agent assault from the sky.

Call me when you post something serious.

Punjab maintains the richest soils and underwater aquifer zones in all of India. Much of the water comes from rich underground wells. You think Punjab just has rich soil because of its location?

The aquifers underneath the ground transmit nutrients through the shales and loams that Punjabi farmers grow their world famous crops upon.

These aquifers extend for far distances and are much more useful than the rivers themselves which contain cations that can crenate crops.

The water from the rivers is treated and used mostly by bottling companies from the western hemisphere.

Besides, upstream these rivers flow through other nations and countries. The water is no more ours than anyone elses.

If you are concerned about the amount of water in Punjab, travel down to Rajasthan. Travel to the poorest states in India. I can hardly believe the materialism.

Whatever.

Trust me, the five holy rivers of Punjab will nourish the land for many years to come.

Its not as bad as you think.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!