Role Of The Giani In Gurdwara

Artmental

Out of interest, has anyone ever come across a "full" Giani as described in humkire's post? Are there such Gianis in existence today who do their day-to-day Giani duties in the Gurudwara, but also possess astounding spiritual 'gian'?

Hehe Kaljugi veerjee, you reminded me of a question that was asked by the teacher of the famous Hindu swami called Ramakrishna when Ramakishna was a small boy. The teacher asked 'is there a saint in your family?' Ramakrishna replied 'no teacher, there is no saint in my family but when I grow up, I WILL be a saint'. So veerjee even if there is none yet, you can be that ''full'' gyani hehe. You have at least my support and I am sure everyone else's too hehe. piche na hetna haha.

On a more serious note, yes Khalsa panth has, is, and will be full of such panth de heereh but they do not sound a mrdenga to the world about themselves. Guru jee knows how to secretly bless people(beyond belief!) and yet let others not realise their greatness. I will give you an example. In my childhood and teen years, one of my local gyanees was a blessed Sikh called Gyanee Bachitar Singh. He did more than you can imagine for the panth and sangat and even taught me kirtan through and through to a very high standard , hardly taking any money from me. Yet, no one recognised his greatness. The gurudwara committee saw in him just a paid servant and the sangat saw in him just a man trained to do Sikh rights of passage, akhand paths etc. But in my eyes, he was a chardikela Sikh and there are tears in my eyes typing this about him.

Do ardas before Gurujee to lead you to meet such people and He will,if you ask sincerely. There is no denial or minimalism in Guru's house, for those who trust and beg from Gurujee.

Fateh g

kaljug bhaji I know one true giani who is the roop of the Guru

noone knows him as that but he has blessed countless and changed my life

had i not met him i would have lost faith that there r such Gursikhs

now that i met him i always feel his grace

read Sukhmani sahib n that is waht a giani shud b like

that is what this giani is like

he has all the shakti but does not touch it

remember one who is nice to the president but rude to the waiter is not a nice person

a true giani showers his prassadi upon all n this one makes living worthwile

a true giani is God himself in human form

they will run to Gurdwara the way it should be run

they will be fearless and not greedy

the giani i know stands up to dhumma and badal

they will be family men usually who live out hukam to the fullest

keep faith kaljug

there r still good people

an elderly man who knew this giani sed

"The whole world has dried out but there are still nim trees" so dont lost heart sants do exist

saints whose face makes ur whole body feel cool and calm and whose words bring anmrit to ur heart :)

oo n this saint said about granthis

they shud b like bhai mani singh

they shud b chaunkidhaars of Sikhi

the way that bhai mani singh took all the sangats pain upon himself

he saved the sangat from being attacked and was cut limb by limb for it

may the panth b blesssed with such granthis

Looking for something more on these lines

Regular Katha – why bring in from outside where in house gianis should provide high level katha in house

Santhiyaa – an essential service to the sangat to provide santhiyaa to current and next generation

Promotion of Gurdwara in positive light therefore more sangat – doing things in the correct manner and with correct maryada

Connecting the youth and older Generation through proper information, advice, guidance on daily issues/ sangat

Trusted person that can be approached for Sikhi advice and who can help people take steps to progress in Sikhi

Encourage people with wisdom

i dunno, why?

What you say does not add up. If that happened to another person at a young age at the Gurdwara, they would surely remember general details like their age and which Gurdwara. Sometimes it's hard to remember the name at a young age, but the person would surely remember where the Gurdwara is located. He/she would be able give the direction to where the Gurdwara is located. Also they would remember specific details like time of day, when it took place. Not the day, but surely the time of day would be remembered Seeing those type of posters or pictures at the Gurdwara is not at all common or permitted and when you do see it. You remember everything because it's a shocking experience.

What you say does not add up. If that happened to another person at a young age at the Gurdwara, they would surely remember general details like their age and which Gurdwara. Sometimes it's hard to remember the name at a young age, but the person would surely remember where the Gurdwara is located. He/she would be able give the direction to where the Gurdwara is located. Also they would remember specific details like time of day, when it took place. Not the day, but surely the time of day would be remembered Seeing those type of posters or pictures at the Gurdwara is not at all common or permitted and when you do see it. You remember everything because it's a shocking experience.

You shouldn't be so mistrusting. It happened, I'm speaking the truth.