Battle For Barking

dalsingh101

That's very easy to say sitting in-front of a computer in the comfort of our homes (as we all are). The truth is a lot more stark and when such events do befall people, even our day-to-day existence becomes a struggle and one is surrounded by loneliness. But you most likely already know that. I'm just making a point.

The current breed of Sikhs aren't fit to face our ancestors - and I include myself in the current group. Those Sikhs from yesteryear were something else entirely.

I tell you, things don't look too hot for a people calling themselves a martial race.

How comes a lot of blacks don't act scared like a lot of apnay do?

There is another thing as well, where some of that old fierce streak was present in the first and some second generation here - it seems to have evaporated into thin air since?

I tell you, things don't look too hot for a people calling themselves a martial race.

How comes a lot of blacks don't act scared like a lot of apnay do?

There is another thing as well, where some of that old fierce streak was present in the first and some second generation here - it seems to have evaporated into thin air since?

A martial race? We are so far removed from that concept its not even funny. The issue that I have is that why do we need to resort to arms at all to get our dues, even in this day and age? Why are our people still facing these problems? What is it about us that means that everything is such a struggle? Do we make life hard for ourselves OR are others not allowing us to live as we would like to?

I wouldn't hold the blacks up as anything to aspire to (I'm referring to those who do the scaring :D - not the type who just get on with life like most people), although I do get amused when white folk get visibly scared by them, yet never admit its an issue.

As for that 'fierce streak' you mentioned, I don't know where its gone. Personally I think Islamic issues haven't helped especially these past 9 years or so. Some of our people just don't want to rock the boat (in its simplest terms) as they don't want to be labelled as troublemakers or worse by ignorant sections of society who can't tell the difference between various Asian groups / religions.

There are so many issues its tiring just thinking about them.

I think it originally started when apnay parents kept their boys away from any fights and kept pushing them into education for obvious reasons.

The only people with that dalair mentality we have left is mostly those brothers who end up being criminals....

Don't forget to chardhi kala in the face of all the problems okay! lol

It's cool, if God feels we deserve to be punished as a quom, then that's how it will be.

Don't you worry about chardi kala, buddy. Its the only thing I've got left! :lol: I refuse to be beat...:D

I sometimes do wonder about us being punished (as a quom like you mentioned). I occasionally wonder whether we are being punished because we've slowly drifted back into those habits and lifestyles our Guru's stated we should completely abandon. Caste issues, female infanticide, alcohol, dabbling in the dark arts, etc. We were clearly told to become one and stop messing about as individuals and stop messing with each other (I'm paraphrasing :D), but we didn't listen. Oh well - I'm sure we'll find out one day.

Don't you worry about chardi kala, buddy. Its the only thing I've got left! :lol: I refuse to be beat...:D

I sometimes do wonder about us being punished (as a quom like you mentioned). I occasionally wonder whether we are being punished because we've slowly drifted back into those habits and lifestyles our Guru's stated we should completely abandon. Caste issues, female infanticide, alcohol, dabbling in the dark arts, etc. We were clearly told to become one and stop messing about as individuals and stop messing with each other (I'm paraphrasing :D), but we didn't listen. Oh well - I'm sure we'll find out one day.

That's how I feel. I think we have taken the mickey out of what have been given so badly that we are due for some corporate karmic reaction.

We haven't pushed and developed a single element of the progressive stuff we were given in any significant way as a community.

• 3 years later...