God'S Will

Hukme ander sab ko bahar hukam na koye

I posted this topic because God made me cuz its his hukam.

some questions came into my mind while me and my friend having convo in this topic.

Hes like its his choice if he wants to adapt a certain life style rather than being a sabat soorat rehatwaan sikh and i m like noooo

its HIS hukam that hes makin u to be like this and u r thinking that meri marji aa.

he tried acting smart and asked so what abt people who r killing people, I said HIS WILL. he asked so he loves us i said no doubt. he said this makes no sense i am like ur buddhi isnt enough, u tryin to find limits of God and hes limitless.

He believe that its not proven LOL

like its a formula that i hav to show and solve in front of him.

Any valuable veechaars?

salok.

Shalok:

karan kaaran parabh ayk hai doosar naahee ko-ay.

God alone is the Doer of deeds - there is no other at all.

naanak tis balihaarnai jal thal mahee-al so-ay. ||1||

O Nanak, I am a sacrifice to the One, who pervades the waters, the lands, the sky and all space. ||1||

asatpadee.

Ashtapadee:

karan karaavan karnai jog.

The Doer, the Cause of causes, is potent to do anything.

jo tis bhaavai so-ee hog.

That which pleases Him, comes to pass.

khin meh thaap uthaapanhaaraa.

In an instant, He creates and destroys.

ant nahee kichh paaraavaaraa.

He has no end or limitation.

hukmay Dhaar aDhar rahaavai.

By His Order, He established the earth, and He maintains it unsupported.

hukmay upjai hukam samaavai.

By His Order, the world was created; by His Order, it shall merge again into Him.

hukmay ooch neech bi-uhaar.

By His Order, one's occupation is high or low.

hukmay anik rang parkaar.

By His Order, there are so many colors and forms.

kar kar daykhai apnee vadi-aa-ee.

Having created the Creation, He beholds His own greatness.

naanak sabh meh rahi-aa samaa-ee. ||1||

O Nanak, He is pervading in all. ||1||

parabh bhaavai maanukh gat paavai.

If it pleases God, one attains salvation.

parabh bhaavai taa paathar taraavai.

If it pleases God, then even stones can swim.

parabh bhaavai bin saas tay raakhai.

If it pleases God, the body is preserved, even without the breath of life.

parabh bhaavai taa har gun bhaakhai.

If it pleases God, then one chants the Lord's Glorious Praises.

parabh bhaavai taa patit uDhaarai.

If it pleases God, then even sinners are saved.

aap karai aapan beechaarai.

He Himself acts, and He Himself contemplates.

duhaa siri-aa kaa aap su-aamee.

He Himself is the Master of both worlds.

khaylai bigsai antarjaamee.

He plays and He enjoys; He is the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts.

jo bhaavai so kaar karaavai.

As He wills, He causes actions to be done.

naanak daristee avar na aavai. ||2||

Nanak sees no other than Him. ||2||

kaho maanukh tay ki-aa ho-ay aavai.

Tell me - what can a mere mortal do?

jo tis bhaavai so-ee karaavai.

Whatever pleases God is what He causes us to do.

is kai haath ho-ay taa sabh kichh lay-ay.

If it were in our hands, we would grab up everything.

jo tis bhaavai so-ee karay-i.

Whatever pleases God - that is what He does.

anjaanat bikhi-aa meh rachai.

Through ignorance, people are engrossed in corruption.

jay jaanat aapan aap bachai.

If they knew better, they would save themselves.

bharmay bhoolaa dah dis Dhaavai.

Deluded by doubt, they wander around in the ten directions.

nimakh maahi chaar kunt fir aavai.

In an instant, their minds go around the four corners of the world and come back again.

kar kirpaa jis apnee bhagat day-ay.

Those whom the Lord mercifully blesses with His devotional worship

naanak tay jan naam milay-ay. ||3||

- O Nanak, they are absorbed into the Naam. ||3||

khin meh neech keet ka-o raaj.

In an instant, the lowly worm is transformed into a king.

paarbarahm gareeb nivaaj.

The Supreme Lord God is the Protector of the humble.

jaa kaa darisat kachhoo na aavai.

Even one who has never been seen at all,

tis tatkaal dah dis paragtaavai.

becomes instantly famous in the ten directions.

jaa ka-o apunee karai bakhsees.

And that one upon whom He bestows His blessings

taa kaa laykhaa na ganai jagdees.

- the Lord of the world does not hold him to his account.

jee-o pind sabh tis kee raas.

Soul and body are all His property.

ghat ghat pooran barahm pargaas.

Each and every heart is illuminated by the Perfect Lord God.

apnee banat aap banaa-ee.

He Himself fashioned His own handiwork.

naanak jeevai daykh badaa-ee. ||4||

Nanak lives by beholding His greatness. ||4||

is kaa bal naahee is haath.

There is no power in the hands of mortal beings;

karan karaavan sarab ko naath.

the Doer, the Cause of causes is the Lord of all.

aagi-aakaaree bapuraa jee-o.

The helpless beings are subject to His Command.

jo tis bhaavai so-ee fun thee-o.

That which pleases Him, ultimately comes to pass.

kabhoo ooch neech meh basai.

Sometimes, they abide in exaltation; sometimes, they are depressed.

kabhoo sog harakh rang hasai.

Sometimes, they are sad, and sometimes they laugh with joy and delight.

kabhoo nind chind bi-uhaar.

Sometimes, they are occupied with slander and anxiety.

kabhoo oobh akaas pa-i-aal.

Sometimes, they are high in the Akaashic Ethers, sometimes in the nether regions of the underworld.

kabhoo baytaa barahm beechaar.

Sometimes, they know the contemplation of God.

naanak aap milaavanhaar. ||5||

O Nanak, God Himself unites them with Himself. ||5||

kabhoo nirat karai baho bhaat.

Sometimes, they dance in various ways.

kabhoo so-ay rahai din raat.

Sometimes, they remain asleep day and night.

kabhoo mahaa kroDh bikraal.

Sometimes, they are awesome, in terrible rage.

kabahooN sarab kee hot ravaal.

Sometimes, they are the dust of the feet of all.

kabhoo ho-ay bahai bad raajaa.

Sometimes, they sit as great kings.

kabahu bhaykhaaree neech kaa saajaa.

Sometimes, they wear the coat of a lowly beggar.

kabhoo apkeerat meh aavai.

Sometimes, they come to have evil reputations.

kabhoo bhalaa bhalaa kahaavai.

Sometimes, they are known as very, very good.

ji-o parabh raakhai tiv hee rahai.

As God keeps them, so they remain.

gur parsaad naanak sach kahai. ||6||

By Guru's Grace, O Nanak, the Truth is told. ||6||

kabhoo ho-ay pandit karay bakh-yaan.

Sometimes, as scholars, they deliver lectures.

kabhoo moniDhaaree laavai Dhi-aan.

Sometimes, they hold to silence in deep meditation.

kabhoo tat tirath isnaan.

Sometimes, they take cleansing baths at places of pilgrimage.

kabhoo siDh saaDhik mukh gi-aan.

Sometimes, as Siddhas or seekers, they impart spiritual wisdom.

kabhoo keet hasat patang ho-ay jee-aa.

Sometimes, they becomes worms, elephants, or moths.

anik jon bharmai bharmee-aa.

They may wander and roam through countless incarnations.

naanaa roop ji-o savaagee dikhaavai.

In various costumes, like actors, they appear.

ji-o parabh bhaavai tivai nachaavai.

As it pleases God, they dance.

jo tis bhaavai so-ee ho-ay.

Whatever pleases Him, comes to pass.

naanak doojaa avar na ko-ay. ||7||

O Nanak, there is no other at all. ||7||

kabhoo saaDhsangat ih paavai.

Sometimes, this being attains the Company of the Holy.

us asthaan tay bahur na aavai.

From that place, he does not have to come back again.

antar ho-ay gi-aan pargaas.

The light of spiritual wisdom dawns within.

us asthaan kaa nahee binaas.

That place does not perish.

man tan naam ratay ik rang.

The mind and body are imbued with the Love of the Naam, the Name of the One Lord.

sadaa baseh paarbarahm kai sang.

He dwells forever with the Supreme Lord God.

ji-o jal meh jal aa-ay khataanaa.

As water comes to blend with water,

ti-o jotee sang jot samaanaa.

his light blends into the Light.

mit ga-ay gavan paa-ay bisraam.

Reincarnation is ended, and eternal peace is found.

naanak parabh kai sad kurbaan. ||8||11||

Nanak is forever a sacrifice to God. ||8||11||

Hukme ander sab ko bahar hukam na koye

I posted this topic because God made me cuz its his hukam.

some questions came into my mind while me and my friend having convo in this topic.

Hes like its his choice if he wants to adapt a certain life style rather than being a sabat soorat rehatwaan sikh and i m like noooo

its HIS hukam that hes makin u to be like this and u r thinking that meri marji aa.

he tried acting smart and asked so what abt people who r killing people, I said HIS WILL. he asked so he loves us i said no doubt. he said this makes no sense i am like ur buddhi isnt enough, u tryin to find limits of God and hes limitless.

He believe that its not proven LOL

like its a formula that i hav to show and solve in front of him.

Any valuable veechaars?

If Sri Waheguru ji does everything. Then where does the Salok of Japji Sahib fit in. By your actions you will be judged and those who lived with devotion and love will be carried across? Wouldn't this part of the solak be out of the picture since everything is his will. We can't do anything. Also where would the human mind fit in this picture that sticks us in maya. Lastly the idea of birth and death to get to the human life would be questioned with not being in the picture as well, if everything is Sri Waheguru ji's will.

Free will. Like it or not, we've got it and its up to us to choose how we use it - as 'Only Five' has highlighted so competently. If your free-will manages to coincide with a Sikhi way of life, then happy days!

Free will is such a vague concept. Everyone has their own intrepretation of it, which is influenced by their factors. So in a sense, a person's intrpretation of free will can be a product of their envirnoment. Which means they had no free will to understand the conept of free will.

I believe souls that are jeevan mukt while on this earth are the only ones with free willl. Everyone else acts according to the forces that are influencing them in one direction or another. Take the original posters friend saying I have the choice to become sabat soorat. The choice, which he speaks of is influenced by factors in his life. Be it other people advice, his own intellect, etc. If you read Gurbani, then it becomes clear there is no choice on whether to become sabat soorat. There is only the will to follow the Hukam of Guru Sahib. The difference between him saying "I have choice" and I say there is no choice in this decision is where I get my knowledge from. Say his friend does know that Guru Sahib gave the hukam to Sikhs to be sabat soorat and he makes nothing of it. Then he is being influenced by one of the 5 vices (ego, greed, anger, attachment, lust) to make a decision. The vices are acting on his mind and they produce the result of rejecting the hukam, which leads to calling the decision a choice. In reality that choice had no free will. Many factors were pushing it in a direction.

A Gursikh that is jeevan mukht they have no factors pushing them in any direction. They live in total eternal bliss, where their decisions are made by the Shabad Guru that made them realize the true reality and they are completely one with. They will not go against the Shabad Guru because they are united with the eternal Lord.

The light of Sri Waheguru exist in all. Everyone or close to it has that potential to wake up to this light. If a person wakes up to this light for a split second, then they are able to make a decision which puts them in the seat of a choice. To what I have understood, there is a such a thing as choice which can been made free of maya. But this choice is very hard to pin point and it happens by the grace of Guru Sahib.

Fateh g in order to understand this one must read Prof Sahib Singh Jis Japji Sahib teeka

Hukam has these meaning

- The Naam, The Shabad, God

- The set of laws that God uses to Govern the universe

IN Japji Sahib it says Aapay Beej Aapay Hee Khao

meaning we reap what we sow

this is part of the Hukam

it is a law of God that actions have consequences

this governs of dukh and sukh as well

the greatest action is to surrender to the hukam and to God

all of Japji Sahib is about this mysterious hukam this mysterious order this mysterious God whose limits can not be known

so for the salok

changeeaiya burriya vachay dharam haddoor - THis talks about the things (matiral peace and pleasure in this world)

karmi aapo aapni kay nehray ki door - this tells how according to our karams we come close or far

then the next line is

jinee naam dhiyaya gay mashakat ghaal- so this is the action the karam which brings us to God

naam dhiya- meditate on the naam

this goes back to the first pauri

hukam rajaee chalna naanak lehikya naal

hukam means shabad or naam

rajaee means God the king

chalna means to walk

likhya means our dukh sukh, the written account, the good and bad in live

so who ever walks with the lekha and meditates on the naam they become sachiaar meaning they see God

and the last line of this paath reminds us that it is by surrendering to Gods sanctuary n loving the Naam that we find him

amazing veechaars and some things my guru pyares have mentioned are very high level facts and little wisdom cannot understand these facts. I would like to keep reading more and more about Hukam. Hukam is akath ( hukam na kahea jaye ).

I never realized before that hukam was such a big thing.