Being A Sikh Woman With A Medical Condition.

Sukhmanii

Bhenji you are not alone with this issue, many women suffer with the same problem though invariably at different levels, everyone has there own level of comfort. No other human being should judge you, nor should you feel that you have to justify yourself to another person.

However, please don't let your medical issue discourage you from the beautiful path of sikhi, as you continue on this path and read bani and do simran you wont find the need to ask these questions from others. Mahraaj themself will give you all the answers you require. I do believe following rehit has to come through passion and love for sikhi itself not through someone like me telling you what to do or not to do. with any issues or problems we have in life that we are seeking answers for I would say do ardaas. There is a reason for everything I'm sure, we're just not always capable of understanding why.

I apologise if I've said anything wrong or hurt your feelings, I'm new to all this myself and learning.

Vaheguru ji ja Khalsa vaheguru ji ke fateh.

All I can say is, go straight to your Guru Sahib. You can go to Guru Granth Sahib Ji for all your answers and more just as you would go to Guru Gobind Singh Ji, you can talk to God about this. You have to do ardaas asking/saying whatever you want to and asking for a hukamnama. Then take a hukamnama, if you have faith and Guru Ji wishes, all of your questions will be answered. If you need help understanding it you can ask sants/gurmukhs or even sangat on here. I would definetly recommend doing this. You can even do ardas and take a hukamnama to find out what you are supposed to do.

Also, have a look at these articles:

http://www.gurmatbibek.com/contents.php?id=57

http://www.gurmatbibek.com/contents.php?id=304

penjee, sorry to hear about your problem. try doign regular seva i.e. joreh seva, like hear stories of singhs wanting beard adn did joreh seva and rubbed dust onf ace and gradually beard came. do some jaap too, same place, same time, with joot etc for about 1 hour each day for 2 odd months and ask maharaaj for help. he will find a way to help you.

I have deleted the post because i was getting worried that my post was overwhelmingly obvious, and family members would come across it and realise it was me.

I just want to say a huge thank you to those of you who replied, and who said they'd pray for me. You have no idea how much your simply compassion and empathy means to me - i read the posts at school and almost started crying. You're amazing people.