Todays hukamnama

naam_jap

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

JAITSREE, FOURTH MEHL:

The Lord's Name does not abide within their hearts - their mothers should have been sterile. These bodies wander around, forlorn and abandoned, without the Name; their lives waste away, and they die, crying out in pain. || 1 || O my mind, chant the Name of the Lord, the Lord within you. The Merciful Lord God, Har, Har, has showered me with His Mercy; the Guru has imparted spiritual wisdom to me, and my mind has been instructed. || Pause || In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Kirtan of the Lord's Praise brings the most noble and exalted status; the Lord is found through the True Guru. I am a sacrifice to my True Guru, who has revealed the Lord's hidden Name to me. || 2 || By great good fortune, I obtained the Blessed Vision of the Darshan of the Holy; it removes all stains of sin. I have found the True Guru, the great, all-knowing King; He has shared with me the many Glorious Virtues of the Lord. || 3 || Those, unto whom the Lord, the Life of the world, has shown Mercy, enshrine! Him within their hearts, and cherish Him in their minds. The Righteous Judge of Dharma, in the Court of the Lord, has torn up my papers; servant Nanak's account has been settled. || 4 || 5 ||

Saturday, 17 Maagh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 697)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

DnwsrI mhlw 1 Gru 1 caupdy

<> siq nwmu krqw purKu inrBau inrvYru Akwl mUriq AjUnI sYBM gur pRswid ]

jIau frqu hY Awpxw kY isau krI pukwr ] dUK ivswrxu syivAw sdw sdw dwqwru ]1] swihbu myrw nIq nvw sdw sdw dwqwru ]1] rhwau ] Anidnu swihbu syvIAY AMiq Cfwey soie ] suix suix myrI kwmxI pwir auqwrw hoie ]2] dieAwl qyrY nwim qrw ] sd kurbwxY jwau ]1] rhwau ] srbM swcw eyku hY dUjw nwhI koie ] qw kI syvw so kry jw kau ndir kry ]3] quDu bwJu ipAwry kyv rhw ] sw vifAweI dyih ijqu nwim qyry lwig rhW ] dUjw nwhI koie ijsu AwgY ipAwry jwie khw]1]rhwau ] syvI swihbu Awpxw Avru n jwcMau koie ] nwnku qw kw dwsu hY ibMd ibMd cuK cuK hoie ]4] swihb qyry nwm ivthu ibMd ibMd cuK cuK hoie ]1] rhwau]4]1]

Sukrvwr, 23 mwiG (sMmq 536 nwnkSwhI) (AMg: 660)

pMjwbI ivAwiKAw :

DnwsrI mhlw 1 Gru 1 caupdy

<> siq nwmu krqw purKu inrBau inrvYru Akwl mUriq AjUnI sYBM gur pRswid ]

(jgq du`KW dw smuMdr hY, iehnW du`KW ƒ vyK ky) myrI ijMd kMbdI hY (prmwqmw qoN ibnw hor koeI bcwx vwlw id`sdw nhIN) ijs dy pws mYN imMnqW krW [ (so, hor Awsry C`f ky) mYN du`KW dy nws krn vwly pRBU ƒ hI ismrdw hW, auh sdw hI b^SSW krn vwlw hY [1[ (iPr auh) myrw mwilk sdw hI b^SSW qW krdw rihMdw hY (pr auh myry in`q dy qrly sux ky kdy A`kdw nhIN, b^SSW ivc) in`q ieauN hY ijvyN pihlI vwrI hI b^SS krn l`gw hY [1[rhwau[ hy myrI ijMdy! hr roz aus mwilk ƒ Xwd krnw cwhIdw hY (du`KW ivcoN) Aw^r auhI bcWdw hY [ hy ijMdy! iDAwn nwl sux (aus mwilk dw Awsrw ilAW hI du`KW dy smuMdr ivcoN) pwr lMG skIdw hY [2[ hy idAwl pRBU! mYN qYQoN sdw sdky jWdw hW (myhr kr, Awpxw nwm dyh, qw ik) qyry nwm dI rwhIN mYN (du`KW dy ies smuMdr ivcoN) pwr lMG skW [1[rhwau[ sdw kwiem rihx vwlw prmwqmw hI sB QweIN mOjUd hY, aus qoN ibnw hor koeI nhIN [ ijs jIv auqy auh myhr dI ingwh krdw hY, auh aus dw ismrn krdw hY [3[ hy ipAwry (pRBU!) qyrI Xwd qoN ibnw mYN ivAwkul ho jWdw hW [ mYƒ koeI auh v`fI dwiq dyh, ijs dw sdkw mYN qyry nwm ivc juiVAw rhW [ hy ipAwry! qYQoN ibnw hor AYsw koeI nhIN hY, ijs pws jw ky mYN ieh ArzoeI kr skW [1[rhwau[ (du`KW dy ies swgr ivcoN qrn leI) mYN Awpxy mwilk pRBU ƒ hI Xwd krdw hW, iksy hor pwsoN mYN ieh mMg nhIN mMgdw [ nwnk (Awpxy) aus (mwilk) dw hI syvk hY, aus mwilk qoN hI iKn iKn sdky huMdw hY [4[ hy myry mwilk! mYN qyry nwm qoN iKn iKn kurbwn jWdw hW [1[rhwau[

English Translation :

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, CHAU-PADAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. TRUTH IS THE NAME. CREATIVE BEING PERSONIFIED. NO FEAR. NO HATRED. IMAGE OF THE UNDYING. BEYOND BIRTH. SELF-EXISTENT. BY GURU’S GRACE:

My soul is afraid; to whom should I complain? I serve Him, who makes me forget my pains; He is the Giver, forever and ever. || 1 || My Lord and Master is forever new; He is the Giver, forever and ever. || 1 || Pause || Night and day, I serve my Lord and Master; He shall save me in the end. Hearing and listening, O my dear sister, I have crossed over. || 2 || O Merciful Lord, Your Name carries me across. I am forever a sacrifice to You. || 1 || Pause || In all the world, there is only the One True Lord; there is no other at all. He alone serves the Lord, upon whom the Lord casts His Glance of Grace. || 3 || Without You, O Beloved, how could I even live? Bless me with such greatness, that I may remain attached to Your Name. There is no other, O Beloved, to whom I can go and speak. || 1 || Pause || I serve my Lord and Master; I ask for no other. Nanak is His slave; moment by moment, bit by bit, he is a sacrifice to Him. || 4 || O Lord Master, I am a sacrifice to Your Name, moment by moment, bit by bit. || 1 || Pause || 4 || 1 ||

Friday, 23Maagh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 660)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

WJKK WJKF!

SORAT’H, THIRD MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, TI-TUKAS:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

You always preserve the honor of Your devotees, O Dear Lord; You have protected them from the very beginning of time. You protected Your servant Prahlaad, O Dear Lord, and annihilated Harnaakhash. The Gurmukhs place their faith in the Dear Lord, but the self-willed manmukhs are deluded by doubt. || 1 || O Dear Lord, this is Your Glory. You preserve the honor of Your devotees, O Lord Master; Your devotees seek Your Sanctuary. || Pause || The Messenger of Death cannot touch Your devotees; death cannot even approach them. The Name of the Lord alone abides in their minds; through the Naam, the Name of the Lord, they find liberation. Wealth and all the spiritual powers of the Siddhis fall at the feet of the Lord’s devotees; they obtain peace and poise from the Guru. || 2 || The self-willed manmukhs have no faith; they are filled with greed and self-interest. They are not Gurmukh - they do not understand the Word of the Shabad in their hearts; they do not love the Naam, the Name of the Lord. Their masks of falsehood and hypocrisy shall fall off; the self-willed manmukhs speak with insipid words. || 3 || You are pervading through Your devotees, O Dear God; through Your devotees, You are known.All the people are enticed by Maya; they are Yours, Lord - You alone are the Architect of Destiny. Overcoming my egotism and quieting the desires within my mind, I have come to realize the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. || 4 || God automatically does the work of those who love the Name of the Lord. By Guru’s Grace, he ever dwells in their minds, and He resolves all their affairs. Whoever challenges them is destroyed; they have the Lord God as their Savior. || 5 || Without serving the True Guru, no one finds the Lord; the self-willed manmukhs die crying out in pain. They come and go, and find no place of rest; in pain and suffering, they perish. But one who becomes Gurmukh drinks in the Ambrosial Nectar, and is easily absorbed in the True Name. || 6 || Without serving the True Guru, one cannot escape reincarnation, even by performing numerous rituals. Those who read the Vedas, and argue and debate without the Lord, lose their honor. True is the True Guru, and True is the Word of His Bani; in the Guru’s Sanctuary, one is saved. || 7 || Those whose minds are filled with the Lord are judged as true in the Court of the Lord; they are hailed as true in the True Court. Their praises echo throughout the ages, and no one can erase them. Nanak is forever a sacrifice to those who enshrine the Lord within their hearts. || 8 || 1 ||

Saturday, 24 Maagh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

One who knows God, and who lovingly focuses his attention on the One Word of the Shabad, keeps his spirituality intact. The nine treasures and the eighteen spiritual powers of the Siddhas follow him, who keeps the Lord enshrined in his heart. Without the True Guru, the Name is not found; understand this, and reflect upon it. O Nanak, through perfect good destiny, one meets the True Guru, and finds peace, throughout the four ages. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Whether he is young or old, the self-willed manmukh cannot escape hunger and thirst. The Gurmukhs are imbued with the Word of the Shabad; they are at peace, having lost their self-conceit. They are satisfied and satiated within; they never feel hungry again. O Nanak, whatever the Gurmukhs do is acceptable; they remain lovingly absorbed in the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: I am a sacrifice to those Sikhs who are Gurmukhs. I behold the Blessed Vision, the Darshan of those who meditate on the Lord's Name. Listening to th! e Kirtan of the Lord's Praises, I contemplate His virtues; I write His Praises on the fabric of my mind. I praise the Lord's Name with love, and eradicate all my sins. Blessed, blessed and beauteous is that body and place, where my Guru places His feet. || 19 ||

Sunday, 25 Maagh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 649)

RAAG SOOHEE, ASHTAPADEES, FOURTH MEHL, SECOND HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

If only someone would come, and lead me to meet my Darling Beloved; I would sell myself to him. || 1 || I long for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. When the Lord shows Mercy unto me, then I meet the True Guru; I meditate on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. || 1 || Pause || If You will bless me with happiness, then I will worship and adore You. Even in pain, I will meditate on You. || 2 || Even if You give me hunger, I will still feel satisfied; I am joyful, even in the midst of sorrow. || 3 || I would cut my mind and body apart into pieces, and offer them all to You; I would burn myself in fire. || 4 || I wave the fan over You, and carry water for You; whatever You give me, I take. || 5 || Poor Nanak has fallen at the Lord’s Door; please, O Lord, unite me with Yourself, by Your Glorious Greatness. || 6 || Taking out my eyes, I place them at Your Feet; after travelling over the entire earth, I have come to understand this. || 7 || If You seat me near You, then I worship and adore You. Even if You beat me and drive me out, I will still meditate on You. || 8 || If people praise me, the praise is Yours. Even if they slander me, I will not leave You. || 9 || If You are on my side, then anyone can say anything. But if I were to forget You, then I would die. || 10 || I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice to my Guru; falling at His Feet, I surrender to the Saintly Guru. || 11 || Poor Nanak has gone insane, longing for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. || 12 || Even in violent storms and torrential rain, I go out to catch a glimpse of my Guru. || 13 || Even though the oceans and the salty seas are very vast, the GurSikh will cross over it to get to his Guru. || 14 || Just as the mortal dies without water, so does the Sikh die without the Guru. || 15 || Just as the earth looks beautiful when the rain falls, so does the Sikh blossom forth meeting the Guru. || 16 || I long to be the servant of Your servants; I call upon You reverently in prayer. || 17 || Nanak offers this prayer to the Lord, that he may meet the Guru, and find peace. || 18 || You Yourself are the Guru, and You Yourself are the chaylaa, the disciple; through the Guru, I meditate on You. || 19 || Those who serve You, become You. You preserve the honor of Your servants. || 20 || O Lord, Your devotional worship is a treasure over-flowing. One who loves You, is blessed with it. || 21 || That humble being alone receives it, unto whom You bestow it. All other clever tricks are fruitless. || 22 || Remembering, remembering, remembering my Guru in meditation, my sleeping mind is awakened. || 23 || Poor Nanak begs for this one blessing, that he may become the slave of the slaves of the Lord. || 24 || Even if the Guru rebukes me, He still seems very sweet to me. And if He actually forgives me, that is the Guru’s greatness. || 25 || That which Gurmukh speaks is certified and approved. Whatever the self-willed manmukh says is not accepted. || 26 || Even in the cold, the frost and the snow, the GurSikh still goes out to see his Guru. || 27 || All day and night, I gaze upon my Guru; I install the Guru’s Feet in my eyes. || 28 || I make so many efforts for the sake of the Guru; only that which pleases the Guru is accepted and approved. || 29 || Night and day, I worship the Guru’s Feet in adoration; have Mercy upon me, O my Lord and Master. || 30 || The Guru is Nanak’ s body and soul; meeting the Guru, he is satisfied and satiated. || 31 || Nanak’ s God is perfectly permeating and all-pervading. Here and there and everywhere, the Lord of the Universe. || 32 || 1 ||

Monday, 26 Maagh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 757)

WADAHANS, THIRD MEHL:

Listen, O brides of the Lord: serve your Husband Lord, and contemplate the Word of His Shabad. The worthless bride does not know her Husband Lord — she is deluded; forgetting her Husband Lord, she weeps and wails. She weeps, thinking of her Husband Lord, and she constantly cherishes His virtues; her Husband Lord does not die, or go away. As Gurmukh, she knows Him; through the Word of His Shabad, He is realized. Through True Love, she merges with Him. She who does not know her Husband Lord, the Architect of karma, is deluded by falsehood — she herself is false. Listen, O brides of the Lord: serve your Husband Lord, and contemplate the Word of His Shabad. || 1 || He Himself created the whole world; the world comes and goes. The love of Maya has ruined the world; people die, to be re-born, over and over again. People die to be re-born, over and over again, while their sins steadily increase; without spiritual wisdom, they are deluded. Without the Shabad, the Husband Lord is not found; the worthless, false bride wastes her life away, weeping and wailing. He is my Beloved Husband Lord, the Life of the World — for whom should I weep? They alone weep, who forget their Husband Lord. He Himself created the whole world; the world comes and goes. || 2 || That Husband Lord is True, forever True; He does not die or go away. The ignorant soul-bride wanders in delusion; in the love of duality, she sits like a widow. She sits like a widow, in the love of duality; infatuated with Maya, she suffers in pain. She grows old, and her body withers away. Whatever has come, shall all pass away; through the love of duality, all suffer in pain. They do not see the Messenger of Death; they long for Maya, and their consciousness is attached to greed. That Husband Lord is True, forever True; He does not die or go away. || 3 || Some weep and wail, separated from their Husband Lord; the blind ones do not know that their Husband is with them. By Guru’s Grace, they meet their True Husband, and cherish Him always deep within. She cherishes her Husband deep within herself — He is always with her, but the self-willed manmukhs think that He is far away. This body rolls in the dust, and is totally useless; it does not realize the Presence of its Lord and Master. O Nanak, that soul-bride is united in Union; she cherishes her Beloved Husband forever, deep within. Some weep and wail, separated from their Husband Lord; the blind ones do not know that their Husband is with them. || 4 || 2 ||

Tuesday, 27 Maagh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 8th February 2005 (Page: 583)

sUhI mhlw 4 ]

kIqw krxw srb rjweI ikCu kIcY jy kir skIAY ]

Awpxw kIqw ikCU n hovY ijau hir BwvY iqau rKIAY ]1]

myry hir jIau sBu ko qyrY vis ]

Asw joru nwhI jy ikCu kir hm swkh ijau BwvY iqvY bKis ]1] rhwau ]

sBu jIau ipMfu dIAw quDu Awpy quDu Awpy kwrY lwieAw ]

jyhw qUM hukmu krih qyhy ko krm kmwvY jyhw quDu Duir iliK pwieAw ]2]

pMc qqu kir quDu isRsit sB swjI koeI Cyvw kirau jy ikCu kIqw hovY ]

ieknw siqguru myil qUM buJwvih ieik mnmuiK krih is rovY ]3]

hir kI vifAweI hau AwiK n swkw hau mUrKu mugDu nIcwxu ]

jn nwnk kau hir bKis lY myry suAwmI srxwgiq pieAw Ajwxu ]4]4]15]24]

Soohee, Fourth Mehl:

All that happens, and all that will happen, is by His Will. If we could do something by ourselves, we would.

By ourselves, we cannot do anything at all. As it pleases the Lord, He preserves us. ||1||

O my Dear Lord, everything is in Your power.

I have no power to do anything at all. As it pleases You, You forgive us. ||1||Pause||

You Yourself bless us with soul, body and everything. You Yourself cause us to act.

As You issue Your Commands, so do we act, according to our pre-ordained destiny. ||2||

You created the entire Universe out of the five elements; if anyone can create a sixth, let him.

You unite some with the True Guru, and cause them to understand, while others, the self-willed manmukhs, do their deeds and cry out in pain. ||3||

I cannot describe the glorious greatness of the Lord; I am foolish, thoughtless, idiotic and lowly.

Please, forgive servant Nanak, O my Lord and Master; I am ignorant, but I have entered Your Sanctuary. ||4||4||15||24||

Wednesday, 9 Feb 2005

DnwsrI mhlw 5 ]

cqur idsw kIno blu Apnw isr aUpir kru DwirE ]

ik®pw ktwK´ Avloknu kIno dws kw dUKu ibdwirE ]1]

hir jn rwKy gur goivMd ]

kMiT lwie Avgux siB myty dieAwl purK bKsMd ] rhwau ]

jo mwgih Twkur Apuny qy soeI soeI dyvY ]

nwnk dwsu muK qy jo bolY eIhw aUhw scu hovY ]2]14]45]

Dhanaasaree, Fifth Mehl:

He has extended His power in all four directions, and placed His hand upon my head.

Gazing upon me with his Eye of Mercy, He has dispelled the pains of His slave. ||1||

The Guru, the Lord of the Universe, has saved the Lord's humble servant.

Hugging me close in His embrace, the merciful, forgiving Lord has erased all my sins. ||Pause||

Whatever I ask for from my Lord and Master, he gives that to me.

Whatever the Lord's slave Nanak utters with his mouth, proves to be true, here and hereafter. ||2||14||45||

Thursday, 10 Feb 2005

sUhI mhlw 5 ]

isimRiq byd purwx pukwrin poQIAw ]

nwm ibnw siB kUVu gwl@I hoCIAw ]1]

nwmu inDwnu Apwru Bgqw min vsY ]

jnm mrx mohu duKu swDU sMig nsY ]1] rhwau ]

moih bwid AhMkwir srpr ruMinAw ]

suKu n pwiein@ mUil nwm ivCuMinAw ]2]

myrI myrI Dwir bMDin bMiDAw ]

nrik surig Avqwr mwieAw DMiDAw ]3]

soDq soDq soiD qqu bIcwirAw ]

nwm ibnw suKu nwih srpr hwirAw ]4]

Awvih jwih Anyk mir mir jnmqy ]

ibnu bUJy sBu vwid jonI Brmqy ]5]

ijn@ kau Bey dieAwl iqn@ swDU sMgu BieAw ]

AMimRqu hir kw nwmu iqn@I jnI jip lieAw ]6]

Kojih koit AsMK bhuqu Anµq ky ]

ijsu buJwey Awip nyVw iqsu hy ]7]

ivsru nwhI dwqwr Awpxw nwmu dyhu ]

gux gwvw idnu rwiq nwnk cwau eyhu ]8]2]5]16]

Soohee, Fifth Mehl:

The Simritees, the Vedas, the Puraanas and the other holy scriptures proclaim

that without the Naam, everything is false and worthless. ||1||

The infinite treasure of the Naam abides within the minds of the devotees.

Birth and death, attachment and suffering, are erased in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. ||1||Pause||

Those who indulge in attachment, conflict and egotism shall surely weep and cry.

Those who are separated from the Naam shall never find any peace. ||2||

Crying out, Mine! Mine!, he is bound in bondage.

Entangled in Maya, he is reincarnated in heaven and hell. ||3||

Searching, searching, searching, I have come to understand the essence of reality.

Without the Naam, there is no peace at all, and the mortal will surely fail. ||4||

Many come and go; they die, and die again, and are reincarnated.

Without understanding, they are totally useless, and they wander in reincarnation. ||5||

They alone join the Saadh Sangat, unto whom the Lord becomes Merciful.

They chant and meditate on the Ambrosial Name of the Lord. ||6||

Uncounted millions, so many they are endless, search for Him.

But only that one, who understands his own self, sees God near at hand. ||7||

Never forget me, O Great Giver - please bless me with Your Naam.

To sing Your Glorious Praises day and night - O Nanak, this is my heart-felt desire. ||8||2||5||16||

Friday, 11 Feb 2005

TILANG, SECOND HOUSE, FIFTH MEHL:

There is no other than You, Lord. You are the Creator; whatever You do, that alone happens. You are the strength, and You are the support of the mind. Forever and ever, meditate, O Nanak, on the One. || 1 || The Great Giver is the Supreme Lord God over all. You are our support, You are our sustainer. || Pause || You are, You are, and You shall ever be, O inaccessible, unfathomable, lofty and infinite Lord. Those who serve You, are not touched by fear or suffering. By Gurus Grace, O Nanak, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. || 2 || Whatever is seen, is Your form, O treasure of virtue, O Lord of the Universe, O Lord of incomparable beauty. Remembering, remembering, remembering the Lord in meditation, His humble servant becomes like Him. O Nanak, by His Grace, we obtain Him. || 3 || I am a sacrifice to those who meditate on the Lord. Associating with them, the whole world is saved. Says Nanak, God fulfills our hopes and aspirations. I long for the dust of the feet of the Saints. || 4 || 2 ||

Wednesday, 5 Phalgun (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi)