How To Control Kaal

sumat

ਜਵਨ ਕਾਲ ਸਭ ਲੋਕ ਸਵਾਰਾ ॥ ਨਮਸ਼ਕਾਰ ਹੈ ਤਾਹਿ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥੩੮੪॥

जवन काल सभ लोक सवारा ॥ नमशकार है ताहि हमारा ॥३८४॥

The Temporal Lord who fashioned the entire world; I salute the same Lord.384.

Kaal or time is actually another name for Maya (illusion). When the sun rises in the morning and sets in the evening it is a play of Kaal. When the new moon appears and expands to a full moon it is also a play of Kaal.

ਜਵਨ ਕਾਲ ਸਭ ਜਗਤ ਬਨਾਯੋ ॥ ਦੇਵ ਦੈਤ ਜੱਛਨ ਉਪਜਾਯੋ ॥

जवन काल सभ जगत बनायो ॥ देव दैत ज्छन उपजायो ॥

The Temporal Lord, who created the whole world; who created gods, demons and yakshas;

In this modern age Kaal has assumed a vicious form in the form technology. Although technology may seem helpful it is also a illusion and can be deadly.

1) Watching television only to pass time is not good for the soul. If it is needed for vital information then it should be viewed.

2) Another problem is text messaging people to pass time. This leads to social problems.

3) Flying on aeroplanes to pass holiday time actually makes your holiday worse.

4) Using cars to give lifts to strangers is not the path of a Gurmukh.

5) Playing video games to pass time makes the mind foolish. Only games that involve strategy benefit the mind.

6) Listening to music via MP3 or CDs can block a vital nerve sense that signals to the brain. It is better if the person sings and practices this natural technique.

7) The electronic mail system is making the world smaller. On the other hand using the might of a pen can change millions of people.

The Gurmukh has the power of time in the hand if the right method is used. Otherwise time can send the likes Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva into a never-ending black hole.

ਆਦਿ ਅੰਤਿ ਏਕੈ ਅਵਤਾਰਾ ॥ ਸੋਈ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਮਝਿਯਹੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥੩੮੫॥

आदि अंति एकै अवतारा ॥ सोई गुरू समझियहु हमारा ॥३८५॥

He is the only one form the beginning to the end; I consider Him only my Guru.385.

VJKK VJKF,

You do make good points but humbly have to differ on some points.

2. SMS - Most of the time it doesnt lead to social problem if we know how to use this tool. Like messgaing when we can meet for sadh sanggat or to help someone, etc.

3. Not all live in India, and what if i want to go to amritsar, etc...

4. Cars to life strangers is a act of kindness, dont you agree?

6. MP3... What about kirtan MP3?

hmmm...

5) Playing video games to pass time makes the mind foolish.

Dr. Kawashima (creator of Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training) would respectfully disagree...:happy:

Humour aside, I think this is another case of Gurbani being interpreted to suit the agenda of whoever wishes to impose their own rules and regulations on others.

How ludicrous does the above statement appear? How shall we travel between countries?

Whilst the original intent of the poster may have been honourable and righteous, the reality is that such statements only serve to show us in a negative light.

Let me make one thing clear - I don't advocate some of the lifestyles that some people lead in the world today, e.g. I despise the Punjabi music culture (and associated temptations) which most of our youth seem to adore. Whilst I don't consider myself morally superior to anyone (and I don't dictate to others how they should live their lives), I know how I should live my life, and that is the most important issue.

But identifying travelling by aeroplane and prohibiting use of modern technology by creating a tenuous link between these so-called 'evil practices' and the rehat of Sikhi is just utter nonsense.

ਜਵਨ ਕਾਲ ਸਭ ਲੋਕ ਸਵਾਰਾ ॥ ਨਮਸ਼ਕਾਰ ਹੈ ਤਾਹਿ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥੩੮੪॥

जवन काल सभ लोक सवारा ॥ नमशकार है ताहि हमारा ॥३८४॥

The Temporal Lord who fashioned the entire world; I salute the same Lord.384.

Kaal or time is actually another name for Maya (illusion). When the sun rises in the morning and sets in the evening it is a play of Kaal. When the new moon appears and expands to a full moon it is also a play of Kaal.

ਜਵਨ ਕਾਲ ਸਭ ਜਗਤ ਬਨਾਯੋ ॥ ਦੇਵ ਦੈਤ ਜੱਛਨ ਉਪਜਾਯੋ ॥

जवन काल सभ जगत बनायो ॥ देव दैत ज्छन उपजायो ॥

The Temporal Lord, who created the whole world; who created gods, demons and yakshas;

In this modern age Kaal has assumed a vicious form in the form technology. Although technology may seem helpful it is also a illusion and can be deadly.

Traveling on airplaines for holidays does make the holiday much worse sometimes (don't worry about one post, sometimes the person has a hard time reading.). But it's an easy way to get across country or into a different country. For short trips the best way is a by car. This is based on personal experience. Some Singhs have to go through so much cr*p that flying just seems impossible.

4) Using cars to give lifts to strangers is not the path of a Gurmukh.

Where you getting this from?

5) Playing video games to pass time makes the mind foolish. Only games that involve strategy benefit the mind.

To pass time with video games is foolish. Why not use that time to learn more about the political or spiritual world. There are way more productive things to do with free time. But if you can learn something from a video game or a different game then its not bad. A person can learn only so much useful infro from video games and eventually that learning turns into just playing for the fact of playing. The fine line is very hard to keep in the learning part. So it's best not to play video games.

6) Listening to music via MP3 or CDs can block a vital nerve sense that signals to the brain. It is better if the person sings and practices this natural technique.

I experienced this through listening to Gurbani for a long time, but not actually practicing singing or read it. A person should do both everyday.

The Gurmukh has the power of time in the hand if the right method is used. Otherwise time can send the likes Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva into a never-ending black hole.

Completely agree. This is the essence of your whole post i believe. If a person is in love with something, then they will make time for it or use their pass time devoted toward it.

ਆਦਿ ਅੰਤਿ ਏਕੈ ਅਵਤਾਰਾ ॥ ਸੋਈ ਗੁਰੂ ਸਮਝਿਯਹੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ ॥੩੮੫॥

आदि अंति एकै अवतारा ॥ सोई गुरू समझियहु हमारा ॥३८५॥

He is the only one form the beginning to the end; I consider Him only my Guru.385.

Traveling on airplaines for holidays does make the holiday much worse sometimes (don't worry about one post, sometimes the person has a hard time reading.). But it's an easy way to get across country or into a different country. For short trips the best way is a by car. This is based on personal experience. Some Singhs have to go through so much cr*p that flying just seems impossible.

Now if the original poster had even hinted towards discrimination or even the harassment of Gursikhs at airports, I would've been inclined to agree 100%. But it was a blanket statement - which like a few of the others seemed very ill-thought out.

For the record, my reading is fine - you should concern yourself about your own comprehension of issues. Let's leave it at that, and let's end this matter by agreeing with your interpretation of the above 'flying' issue.

Dr. Kawashima (creator of Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training) would respectfully disagree...:happy:

Astronomy should be encouraged than trickonology. Study of the universe is linked to Akal (static) and Kal (vibrant) and the energy waves (kla) control the human body. When there is no Dharam Kla (religious skill) or Sangeet Kla (music skill) people rely on money to shape their society - which has already happened across Europe.

Technology has done it's purpose. And now is the time to control it before the power of speech is taken away from people as they become more and more reliant on this.

• 2 weeks later...