Nightmares After A/V

Guest Mk

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Just wanted to ask if anyone else gets nightmares or other bad dreams when sleeping after Amritvela. And why is this?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

havent u guys noticed its after amritvela and not before??? maybe its just a way for waheguru to tell us to get up and start ishnaan and do nitnem

That's a good point. Such dreams DO occur after amritvela - why are we susceptible to these nightmares after this particular time? Why don't such dreams happen immediately upon sleeping?

rae jan outhhaarai dhabiouhu suthiaa gee vihaae ||

O man, you have been tormented by a nightmare, and you have passed your life in sleep.

Guru sahib is Nirbho, without fear. Do not feel afraid, as gurus sikh should be just like guru, and without fear.

As guru sahib says in kirtan sohila,

thum gaavahu maerae nirabho kaa sohilaa ||

Sing the Songs of Praise of my Fearless Lord.

Singing his praises of the fearless lord, one will become fearless also.

Also Sohila follows by saying,

kaisee aarathee hoe || bhav kha(n)ddanaa thaeree aarathee ||

What a beautiful Aartee, lamp-lit worship service this is! O Destroyer of Fear, this is Your Ceremony of Light.

Guru sahib is jaanee jaan, he alone knows why he is making you have these nightmares.

man rae sach milai bho jaae ||

O mind, meeting with the True One, fear departs.

bhai bin nirabho kio thheeai guramukh sabadh samaae ||1|| rehaao ||

Without the Fear of God, how can anyone become fearless? Become Gurmukh, and immerse yourself in the Shabad. ||1||Pause||

Waheguru.

thoo(n) sachaa aap niaao sach thaa ddareeai kaeth ||

O Lord, You Yourself are True, and True is Your Justice. Why should anyone be afraid?

Do not be put off by dreams and nightmares. Instead jap naam with more force and energy. Read and recite as much chaupai sahib paath as you can. Reciting Mool Mantar may also help.

Guru sahib himself is the protector, and himself the causer, he is also the tester. Are we real gursikh, would we feel afraid, and be put off by nightmares? You should try and jap gurmantar 24/7. When you are going to sleep after amritvela, do not let your mind wonder. It should still be focused on naam. Another thing is do ardas, ask guru sahib for his support, especially if it is not allowing you to feel any peace.

The main thing is do not feel any fear from experiences such as this. You are a sikh of the Guru, what do those sikhs fear? They are fearless! The gursikhs went through so much for us, the singhniya in Mir Mannus Jail, Bhai Mani Singh, and many others, they showed no fear, even in the face of death. They accepted paanaa of guru sahib as sweet.

thoo(n) saajan sa(n)gee prabh maeraa kaahae jeea ddaraahee ||1||

You are my Friend and Companion, God; why should my soul be afraid? ||1||

If you have such nightmares, think dhan dhan dhan Bhai Mati Das. Sawed in half! And why should i be afraid of a nightmare or bad dream? If it helps, try and sit up at that point and recit gurmantar loud for a while until you are at peace, and then try and sleep again. Or you could try listening to, or reciting rakhiya de shabad, heres an audio link:

http://www.rajkaregakhalsa.net/audio/Prayers/Kirtan%20Sohila/Sant%20Darshan%20Singh%20-%20Rakhiya%20De%20Shabad.zip

Please forgive me if i have any mistakes.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

havent u guys noticed its after amritvela and not before??? maybe its just a way for waheguru to tell us to get up and start ishnaan and do nitnem

Waheguroo, yh thats true but I mean even when you do wake up for Amritvela, have ishnaan, do ur Nitnem and Simran.... why is it we have bad dreams/nightmares after?

Majority of the posters didn't read your question properly. Good thing you cleared it up for them. The bad dreams or nightmares could have been events that were going to happen in your life. But since you woke up for Amritvela and did your paat, these bad events/Karma played out only in your dreams instead of in your life.

Or the bad dreams can be warnings of what can happen if you go on the wrong path. Keep getting up for Amritvela and focus your mind on Gurbani when you do Amrivela. Sooner or later these dreams will stop.

Waheguroo, yh thats true but I mean even when you do wake up for Amritvela, have ishnaan, do ur Nitnem and Simran.... why is it we have bad dreams/nightmares after?

Yeh I get this all the time. I dunno I guess it's just kaljug, I used to think its b/c I shouldn;t have fallen back asleep again after amrit vela but I'm pretty certain it isn;t that now b/c ive had good dreams aswell.

I gues it's just kaljug trying to attack us like all the other bad dreams it throws our way. We should fight these dreams and not wallow in the negativity they can stir within us as thats feeding kalyug/ bad spirits/ making them stronger. I guess its babajis way of seeing how hard we fight to stay afloat (like a lotus!).- and/ or repaying our karma/ either way it can only be a lesson and in our best interest.

P.s Gurbani tells us to say his name with every single breath. It could be because we read gurbani but don't follow it's words and there is no point in that.