Dastaars A Little Loose?

Jaggaa

Fateh Jee,

Wanted to discuss about a loose dastaar. I've had this problem for ages where some days my dastaar just doesn't come out nice and firm as I would like it and there are days when I tie it too tight and my head hurts. I tie a taksali type dastaar I guess? I don't know just a gol dastaar but recently i've been thinking maybe to get that "almost" guaranteed firmness I should start tying a smaller dastaar underneath my first dastaar (bunga??) and maybe that can help. I'm trying to find some guide or some other singh maybe post one of what im kinda looking for. I don't want a massive huge nihang style dastaar, it's not what im looking for really. I just wanna strong gol dastaar that I tie over a bunga which isn't huge I think.

Can someone help? I really hate it when my dastaar feels like it can come off. I don't get this problem all the time but when I do it's kinda annoying.

Tie a keski first. Grab one end of the material and tie the ends together. Which you probably already do. But instead of having the first two lars at the base, have three lars and then go higher, where you do three lars aswell(this way it gets the round shape at the top and your dastar will be nice and firm around your head. The seventh lar comes back down just above the third lar from the bottom.

So basically, the first 3 lar's from the actual dastaar (not the keski) need to be as the bottom base around my forehead and not slowly (step by step) going up you mean right? and the last lar from the dastaar needs to come all the back down again or what do you mean but the last sentence?

So basically, the first 3 lar's from the actual dastaar (not the keski) need to be as the bottom base around my forehead and not slowly (step by step) going up you mean right?

Yea, but going up by just a little bit. And all three of them should go over your ears and not above the ears. This way if one lar gets a bit lose the other one will hold the dastar firm around your head. Make sure the first one is tight, if not your whole dastar will be loose.

and the last lar from the dastaar needs to come all the back down again or what do you mean but the last sentence?

The very last lar of the dastar should be at the very top, but after the three bottom lars, make three lars at the top, where the lars are going around the jora and the back of your head. So in total there should be six lars just building the base of the dastar. Three at the bottom and three at the top. After these now the seventh lar should be the fourth lar from the bottom. And the next lars, usually 4 last ones, should be creating the structure of the dastar.

I do tie my dastaar over my ears however, not on the external earlobe. So like it's kinda on the top part of the ear only. My ears hurt if I cover them all :(

Same here i dont tie the dastar completely covering my ears either. Usually everyone ties the Dastar twice a day, it eventually gets loose in the evening time.

So basically, the first 3 lar's from the actual dastaar (not the keski) need to be as the bottom base around my forehead and not slowly (step by step) going up you mean right? and the last lar from the dastaar needs to come all the back down again or what do you mean but the last sentence?

Veerji,Can you post a picture of what a gol dastar looks like.Some Utube vid or something.I am interested in wearing this when i am not going to office.