Airport

Guest Singhni

sorry to the origonal poster there is no need not to eat

never ever ever ever give ur body pain

how is this sharda ? i know im going to get alot of ppl disagreeing but Ive been through this

just meditate on the Naam

why would you starve ur body

add to ur pain? Just remember Guru mera sang sada hai nale

wear a small kirpan if possible

do an ardas to guru sahib for forgiveness but there is no need to keep urself hungry

would a parent like to see their child hungry

bani tells us

the guru loves putting food in the mouths of his gursikhs

now how wud guru sahib feel to see his bacha bhukha

?

:happy:

sorry to the origonal poster there is no need not to eat

never ever ever ever give ur body pain

how is this sharda ? i know im going to get alot of ppl disagreeing but Ive been through this

just meditate on the Naam

why would you starve ur body

add to ur pain? Just remember Guru mera sang sada hai nale

wear a small kirpan if possible

do an ardas to guru sahib for forgiveness but there is no need to keep urself hungry

would a parent like to see their child hungry

bani tells us

the guru loves putting food in the mouths of his gursikhs

now how wud guru sahib feel to see his bacha bhukha

?

Teji Kaur

Kirpan is an ang (part of the body) for a Gursikh. Without the Kirpaan one feels incomplete.

It is Guru's hukam as well as the Punj Piarais' that a Gursikh should always keep his kirpan on.

It is also the rehit given by the Punj that should a kakaar become far from your body, one should refrain from eating, drinking and should as quickly as possible recover their kakaar, do

Japji Sahib and Ardaas, or Ardaas by 5 Singhs as in the case if both your feet come out from your Kashera...

Keeping this discipline, gives a real and constant reminder that a part of you is missing.

This is sharda and a show of piaar to Guru Gobind Singh Ji's rehat marayada. Whether Mahraaj would be happy for for the Gursikh to eat isnt the point, however the avastha of the Gursikh who decides that if s/he is unable to keep their rehat, they will not go around pretending all is good... that avastha is looked favourably upon my Maharaaj....

16 hours without food or drink is not impossible. Most Muslmaan do this for a month during Ramadaan for their own reasons.... Note though, this isnt a fast, its the acknowledgemnt that you are unable to keep rehat and you are acting in accordance with the Punj's hukam.

Spreading your views give excuse to bring Dhill (slackness) into ones rehat. If taking off your Kirpaan is so easy, then it shouldnt b a problem to take it off at night, during shower etc?... Surely, Maharaaj doesnt want to see us get poked by the kirpan at nite whilst we sleep does He???

Gurfateh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Kindly read the following Gurbani Tuks and do Veechaar.

ਅੰਨੁ ਨ ਖਾਇਆ ਸਾਦੁ ਗਵਾਇਆ ॥

ਭੂਖੇ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਕੀਜੈ ॥

ਅੰਨੁ ਨ ਖਾਹਿ ਦੇਹੀ ਦੁਖੁ ਦੀਜੈ ॥

ਛੋਡਹਿ ਅੰਨੁ ਕਰਹਿ ਪਾਖੰਡ ॥ ਨਾ ਸੋਹਾਗਨਿ ਨਾ ਓਹਿ ਰੰਡ ॥

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

@guest- ji u r completely right also look at the first paurhee of Japji Sahib

Bhukhia Bhukha na Otree - By keeping hungry on the outside (fasting ect) a humans inner hunger is not quenched

leaving ur food will not make u closer to Guru sahib. It is pointless. Yes a kakaaar is part of ur body and u do feel a lil like somethings missing but do an ardas. What will be gained by not eating? Instead Jap bani the whole way and as soon as you land wear ur kirpan . I usually do ardas rite at the airport and put it on over my clothes and then at home i tie it around my head n put it under after ishnaan.

It is not bringing slackness into rehit at all. It is bringing ridicluessness into rehit and it is creating obstacles between the human and God. God is not met through keeping urself hungry. God is met through love. Bottom line, this body too is Gods dwelling place and you should never purposely cause it pain. This will never please the Guru

@guest- ji u r completely right also look at the first paurhee of Japji Sahib

Bhukhia Bhukha na Otree - By keeping hungry on the outside (fasting ect) a humans inner hunger is not quenched

leaving ur food will not make u closer to Guru sahib. It is pointless. Yes a kakaaar is part of ur body and u do feel a lil like somethings missing but do an ardas. What will be gained by not eating? Instead Jap bani the whole way and as soon as you land wear ur kirpan . I usually do ardas rite at the airport and put it on over my clothes and then at home i tie it around my head n put it under after ishnaan.

It is not bringing slackness into rehit at all. It is bringing ridicluessness into rehit and it is creating obstacles between the human and God. God is not met through keeping urself hungry. God is met through love. Bottom line, this body too is Gods dwelling place and you should never purposely cause it pain. This will never please the Guru

Well said.

LOL at this thread... to the original poster I think you should do what you think is right for yourself... the only reason I said what I did was that's what my panj pyaare told me and several mahapurakh like Sant Baba Jagjit Singh ji who travel quite often by aeroplane do the same... it's up to you.. it's no big deal but the whole causing yourself pain thing... once you detach youself from this body i.e. you realise that it is only the vessel then you can live in a bhora (cave type dwelling) for 40 days without food like Sant Baba Attar Singh ji I assure you I feel no "pain" by not eating a few hours and nor do I do this ritually rather it's part of my discipline, I would do this for any of my kakkar if they became detached from my body - this is the rehit given by Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj

I'm not saying you're wrong penji above I think you just hav to realise that in Sikhi there are many ways to answer the same question as long as you know why you're doing it, it's fine :)

Yup. You probably need various visa and avoid Iraq etc but it's possible. As _singhani_ says, it probably take a week or so.

A week is pretty good. I remember it took about 3 or 4 days to travel to Hemkunt Sahib from Panjab in a mini-bus when I was a kid. So from the UK to India in a week is absolutely fantastic.