Threats to Kim Bolan's Life

Guest mehtab

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

SadhSangat Jee,

Due to the recent news, we have received forum posts and emails threatening Kim Bolan's life. Such posts will be deleted immediately without question.

We plead with you, rise above her trash and debate with her on an intellecual level. Threats will get us nowhere.

We will also be cutting down on the amount of threats allowed to anyone. Even panthic dushts, criminals and terrorists.

WHAT?!?! c'mon man... moorkhay naal na ludgiyai!! she's the perfect definition of such a thing.. let her be in her own evil mind, and let God act on her... we must be GURSIKHS and concentrate on our guru.. the more time we spend on kim bolan, the less time we're spending on our GURU!

these threats are immatuer man... let's all be reasonable.. sure her statements and her article is a big fat joke.... but remain mature and remain calm!

Guest rsingh

are sikhs or wat. that is stupid, irresponsible so was the post that started all this. People think before u post its ur own fault. this forum is not only for sikhs so bare it in mind when posting!

The person who posted that original post was most probably NOT a Gursikh. It was someone undercover who was setting this whole thing up.

MODERATORS you need to be more aware of what people are posting, I hope you lot aren't sleeping :T: You let some pretty weird posts go by even though you guys know that the people writing them are not Gursikhs. There are probably lots of anti-Gursikh people who have come on this site, it could be anyone - could be nangs, agents, corrupt newspaper writers, etc. Anyone could sign up for an account here and post senseless things and attempt to make Sikhs look bad.

You guys should be more strict and don't allow silly posts - you can also tell when people are plotting something against Sikhi or are preaching anti-gursikh ideals and trying to stir up conflict. Maybe you shouldn't let that happen.

newsflash to Bolan and every other person monitoring this site:

The sikhs are a people committed to harmony and peace with people of all faiths. Every Sikh believes that God resides in every human being. Any person who has killed innocent people in the name of the Sikh faith is not a Sikh. The guilty such as INdira Gandhi, General Vaidiya, Beant Ram got what they deserved. The Sikh people do not target Western culture or western beliefs. The sikh people have never threatened Canada, America or England. The Sikhs have always been very involved in their respective communities and have been credited with many charitable deeds.

My point is that Ms. Bolan is chasing the wrong story. If she wants terrorists I would suggest all the fundamentalist Muslim sites declaring Jehad on the infidels. Many Mulsim sites openly threaten America and Canada, and still the white people are sticking with the story that Islam is a religion of peace and that it is just a few bad apples. Well, it would be nice if the likes of Ms. Bolan would realize that Sikhi has never been an agressor. So Ms. BOlan you want terrorists, try the obvious sites. This site will only give you insight on the Sikh faith, the Sikh youth's commitment to learning about their faith, and our remembrance for our martyrs. Unlike the martyrs of the Muslims, our Martyrs did not blow people up in a dsico, a pizza joint, or just going to work. Our martyrs fought head on with the Indian military not INdian civilians. Our holiest shrine was attacked and no Sikh mobs killed Hindus, rather two brave Singhs killed the general in charge of the attack.

I understand you have been stuck on writing abo

ut Sikhs, well you need to use your reporting skills to stop Muslim terrorists from using Canada's porous borders for sneaking into America. You won't find any Sikh plotting against America, Canada or England because we love these countries. We cherish the religious freedom and the values these countries offer. You seem to be more of an Indian government reporter rather than a Canadian reporter. Your country's values and freedoms are not being endangered by the Sikhs.

Ms. Bolan you are after the wrong people. As a Sikh I can guarantee that no Sikh of Sri Guru Granth Sahib would ever even dream about harming an innocent person, and in our faith that person can be Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Jew or whatever. So go after the real preachers of hatred and make Canada a safer place to live.

PS Mann

Guest mehtab

To those monitoring this site...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I want to add a few things to what Mr PS Mann said. I want to point out that I am not a Sikh by birth. I was born into a so called high caste Hindu family, and probably the only one from a non-Sikh background on this forum, unless there are a few others. Its not violence that drove me to Sikhism. Its the love and devotion towards God that moved me and shook me up. No superstitions, acceptance of human race as the children of the One Almighty Eternal Lord, looking upon all human beings equally irrespective of race, gender, color, etc, these are just the fewest of the few things I remember that pulled me to Sikhism. May I also mention that at the age of 15 I was looking forward to converting to Islam, but the spiritual ecstasy I experienced within Sikhism was far far higher than the greed to go to heaven that was fed to me 10 years ago. I was told that to kill non-Muslims was perfectly allowed (although thats again a severely fanatical view and not the opinion of an average Muslim). Nowhere in Sikhism did I come across any mention of violence. What may perceive as violence to some is in reality a response that is a result of all options being closed down, leaving the oppressed with no way out but to use force in order to survive, to protect their religious rights and places of worship, and in general the dignity and honor of the entire community. A humble request to you would be to please not even by mistake relate Sikhs or Sikhism in any remote way with violence (as the term defined literally).

I am going to be 25, and was 18 when I found this diamond called

Sikhism. Whenever the topics such as Operation Bluestar, Delhi massacre, human rights abuses in Punjab are discussed, it pains my soul twice as much. Why? Because on one hand its my own fellow Sikhs who were oppressed, and on the other hand I see the oppressors belonging to the community I was born into. For a long time I looked away from the Sikh struggle in India, but truth cannot be turned away from. The ancestors of most Sikhs were probably Hindus. Now that surely doesn't make any present Sikh today a Hindu, but realize that this is another reason to negate the theory that Sikhs hate Hindus. Today there are Sikhs from almost all races which essentially makes Sikhism a genuine world religion.

The purpose to bring all this out is just to let you know that we are at this forum to learn and inspire each other about Sikhism. Many people have been encouraged to improve their lives (including myself). Also, there are many other non-Sikhs out there who are finding the Light of Truth in Sikhism. So please be very careful not to defame an entire community or network. We sincerely hope this is not being done as a result of any personal grudge.

wishing you all the best in good spirits

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!