Re-Taking Amrit

I still maintain that we should stay as close to the Puratan Amrit Sanchar as we possibly can. Especially for Sikhs who have yet to take Amrit. It seems to me that those who take the full bania da Amrit Sanchar never have any doubts. So why would we possibly want to create any doubters? for example, you never hear anyone say that, "I wish they had read shorter bania at my Amrit Sanchar".

The panj bania read out on Visakhi when Guru Ji gave amrit to the Panj Piyare and then took amrit from the Panj Piyare must have be recorded, and followed by, the hundreds and thousands of Sikhs who took Amrit in that year alone, and the following year, and the following year, and so on. And then those Bania must have been past down generation to generation. Guru Gobind Singh Ji and the Panj Piyare must have given so many Amrit Sanchars between 1699 to 1708. And those Singh's who took that Amrit Sanchar must have given their own Amrit Sanchars as groups of 5 too.

I believe they actually have the Gotker Sahib's of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji and Baba Deep Singh Ji even today and that they clearly show what the 5 Bania to be used for Amrit Sanchar. I am sure that the Nighangs also do the full Panj Bania (correct me if I am wrong)

Evolution is mentioned above. Could us evolving mean we actually move away from the 1930's British Raaj Era of the shortened 5 Bania, and evolve to the1699 full 5 Bania?

@ the thread starter

being very polite i want to tell you that you are just another example of people who rush into things without proper knowledge.

1. Were you not happy when you were sitting in the darbar where guru granth sahib ji was parkashed ?

2. Were you not happy when they were pouring amrit in your head and telling you to say vaheguru ?

3. Were you not happy the next day you woke up early for nitname ?

4. Were you not happy till you realized SSPC didnt read full bani ?

And all of the sudden that amrit changed into mitha panni.

This is not good what if in future ur impressed by nihangs and will you again take amrit because they do anti clock wise parikarma of guru sahib when given amrit and after few years some other jatha and cycle goes on.

If u knew some thing is missing from very first day go ahead and take amrit but if you start feeling it the day u realized it was SGPC amrit or what ever then there is problem

It was time when my grandmother took amrit ... it was prepared at jod mele or at 4 takths only no where else ... people had to go miles and wait for sometimes years to take amrit ... but now we are going no where and amrit is amrit ... Do full path rest of you life it will take you in sharan of Guru gobind singh then taking amrit again with full path but missing you nitname ... seriously SGPC amrit Taksali amrit Nihang amrit etc is a shame for panth what about people who are looking for Gurus amrit ?

Being polite as well....

Before I went to the Amrit Sanchar, I read the entire 'Amrit Sanchar' protocol in Gurbani Paath Darpan (written by Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa). Thus, I did not rush into the Amrit Sanchar without the proper knowledge.

My biggest mistake was not inquiring about the Rehat the Gurdwara followed. (This mistake is made and cannot be undone).

I was very happy at the thought of taking Amrit.

And sitting in Guru Ji's Hazuri (wherever, whenever) always makes me happy.

So...back to the Amrit Sanchar...I had the entire protocol of preparing Amrit (from Gurbani Paath Darpan) in my head - so as the Amrit Sanchar was proceeding, I realized that the full Chaupai Sahib was not read.

I do not consider the Amrit that I took mitha paani because if one reads Gurbani over water, it becomes Amrit.

But the Amrit that I took was not the Khande Baate da Amrit that Guru Ji intended us to take ('Guru's Amrit') because full 5 Banis were not read.

As for Nihangs and other folks, I do not have problems with them. I just want to take the full 5 Bani Amrit (and the plan is to do so in a few days...with Guru Ji's Kirpa).