Re-Taking Amrit

There is an mp3 of Sant Mani Singh ji (UK) who said that he discussed with numerous mahapurkhs and found numerous different methods.

When we do naam simran (with any technique) before we receive Khande Batte da Amrit, we benefit. However, the benefit we gain from doing naam simran after receiving Gurmantar is immense, far more than non-Amritdharis get.

i was just wondering where i could listen to this mp3 (or any by sant mani singh ji)?? thankyou :waheguru:

Bhai SunSingh Jeo,

Thank you for a wonderful and informative post!

Whatever you have mentioned makes a lot of sense. And you are right in emphasizing the need to take Gurmantra ONLY from Punj-Pyare. The second aspect of Naam drirr - which is basically the technique, logically speaking, one should be able to get the guidance from anywhere.

However, I always wonder, why some people or jathas keep it so secretive. Shouldn't there be massive prachar of it, instead? That means, either our assumption of the above is incorrect, or there is not a healthy attitude by some jathas!

Can you or anyone else please support our following assumptions by Gurbani or any other way:

1. Naam Drirr is just a technique of doing Naam Simran - and can be taken from anyone?

2. Main thing is Gurmantra...even if one doesn't get Naam Drirr, he/she can always take the guidance from any Mahapurush/books, etc...No need to go pesh to Punj Pyaare?

Thanks in advance!

Bhai SunSingh Jeo,

Thank you for a wonderful and informative post!

Whatever you have mentioned makes a lot of sense. And you are right in emphasizing the need to take Gurmantra ONLY from Punj-Pyare. The second aspect of Naam drirr - which is basically the technique, logically speaking, one should be able to get the guidance from anywhere.

However, I always wonder, why some people or jathas keep it so secretive. Shouldn't there be massive prachar of it, instead? That means, either our assumption of the above is incorrect, or there is not a healthy attitude by some jathas!

Can you or anyone else please support our following assumptions by Gurbani or any other way:

1. Naam Drirr is just a technique of doing Naam Simran - and can be taken from anyone?

2. Main thing is Gurmantra...even if one doesn't get Naam Drirr, he/she can always take the guidance from any Mahapurush/books, etc...No need to go pesh to Punj Pyaare?

Thanks in advance!

JpSingh jeeo, I am not SunSingh but as someone who has recieved naam drirr, please see the personal message i have sent you.

@ the thread starter

being very polite i want to tell you that you are just another example of people who rush into things without proper knowledge.

1. Were you not happy when you were sitting in the darbar where guru granth sahib ji was parkashed ?

2. Were you not happy when they were pouring amrit in your head and telling you to say vaheguru ?

3. Were you not happy the next day you woke up early for nitname ?

4. Were you not happy till you realized SSPC didnt read full bani ?

And all of the sudden that amrit changed into mitha panni.

This is not good what if in future ur impressed by nihangs and will you again take amrit because they do anti clock wise parikarma of guru sahib when given amrit and after few years some other jatha and cycle goes on.

If u knew some thing is missing from very first day go ahead and take amrit but if you start feeling it the day u realized it was SGPC amrit or what ever then there is problem

It was time when my grandmother took amrit ... it was prepared at jod mele or at 4 takths only no where else ... people had to go miles and wait for sometimes years to take amrit ... but now we are going no where and amrit is amrit ... Do full path rest of you life it will take you in sharan of Guru gobind singh then taking amrit again with full path but missing you nitname ... seriously SGPC amrit Taksali amrit Nihang amrit etc is a shame for panth what about people who are looking for Gurus amrit ?

@ the thread starter

being very polite i want to tell you that you are just another example of people who rush into things without proper knowledge.

1. Were you not happy when you were sitting in the darbar where guru granth sahib ji was parkashed ?

2. Were you not happy when they were pouring amrit in your head and telling you to say vaheguru ?

This is not good what if in future ur impressed by nihangs and will you again take amrit because they do anti clock wise parikarma of guru sahib when given amrit and after few years some other jatha and cycle goes on.

If u knew some thing is missing from very first day go ahead and take amrit but if you start feeling it the day u realized it was SGPC amrit or what ever then there is problem

It was time when my grandmother took amrit ... it was prepared at jod mele or at 4 takths only no where else ... people had to go miles and wait for sometimes years to take amrit ... but now we are going no where and amrit is amrit ... Do full path rest of you life it will take you in sharan of Guru gobind singh then taking amrit again with full path but missing you nitname ... seriously SGPC amrit Taksali amrit Nihang amrit etc is a shame for panth what about people who are looking for Gurus amrit ?

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

Jassa Singh,

I think you make a fair point. However, I don't think anyone is criticising any Jatha. It's more that Sikhs do just want to take the amrit that was given to Gursikhs in the Guru Gobind Singh Ji's time. Every Singh/Kaur loves Guru Gobind Singh Ji more than any Jatha or Sant? True?

For example could you just give me your opinion, only your opinion, on the following questions:

Do you think from 1699 to say 1799 all sikhs who took Amrit were read 5 Banis and the full Mool Mantra?

The simple question is, when did the 3 bania and shortened Mool Mantra come in?

Did some very very educated Sikhs change 5 bania to 3 bania? Or did Guru Gobind Singh Ji say it was 3 bania from 1699 to say 1708?

You can't blame Sikhs for wanting to follow the same Maryada as that which was followed in Guru Gobind Singh Ji's time, or even from 1699 to 1799?

I am only asking these questions to the Singhs in general. I have no anger towards any Singhs/Kaurs who take 3 Bania da Amrit. I am just asking the questions to learn.

I mean, if some SIkhs that were even more educated than those who set the 3 Bania, set a new maryada to 2 Bania should we follow that if we thought the panth wanted that?

Forgive me if I offend you in any way. I am only asking questions. Questions are good because it lets a person answer the questions and then get their point across.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Do you think from 1699 to say 1799 all sikhs who took Amrit were read 5 Banis and the full Mool Mantra?

Yes i agree with that and thats how it should i m myself a "kattar nihang/hazuri mareyada follower"

The simple question is, when did the 3 bania and shortened Mool Mantra come in?

With the creation of SGPC and gurdwara sudhar lehar

Did some very very educated Sikhs change 5 bania to 3 bania? Or did Guru Gobind Singh Ji say it was 3 bania from 1699 to say 1708?

I cant say what Guru Gobind Singh ji said as many jathebandis who claim to follow mareyada unchanged is not following the same mareyada as well Nihangs, Taksalis, Nirmales, Sevapanthis ... all can track their linage from dasmesh pita but yet mareyada is different.

And when panthic mareyada was set up at akaltakth sahib all jathebandis were a part of it and till every one passed it was not called panthic mareyada and it took 12 years to compile it with suggestions from every jathebandi including taksals ...

More over when sant jarnail singh ji was at akal takth sahib each wednesday amrit was prepared by taksali singh but with akal takths mareyada it can be confirmed by geyani thakur singh patiala walle ... and i dont think sant ji ever spoke a word against panthic mareyada or told anyone to take amrit again ...

You can't blame Sikhs for wanting to follow the same Maryada as that which was followed in Guru Gobind Singh Ji's time, or even from 1699 to 1799?

I am not blaming anyone even i have helped a couple of sikhs on this forum to retake amrit from dal panth ... i was just pointing the approach ... you want to take amrit from certain people its good but it doesnt mean that you last amrit sanchar was just mitha paani thats what i felt reading the very first post ...

We should have respect for all mareyada ... and i feel it matters more how much rehat and mareyada you keep then which rehat and mareyada you keep ... I feel mareyada is a discipline which would increase your love for god ...

In my eyes greatest warrior was Sant Bhindrawalle who followed taksali mareyada

Maskeen ji was greatest scholar who always preachered akal takths mareyada

Baba nand Singh ji was the greatest sant who was a jhatka eater

Baba Mit singh ji was the greatest sevak of Guru sahib followed Nihang Singh mareyada

and today all 4 of them would have been sitting at same place in the charan kamal of akalpurkh.

Mareyada was different rehat was different but yet attained the same place so it cant be the difference between mareyada but the love you have for the mareyada you are following.

@ the thread starter

Perfect reply !! 100% agree with the above...

@ the thread starter

good post

:waheguru:

WJK WJKF

Beautiful post by Jassa Jeeo, just would like to add the following points in reference to this thread:

1. Regardless of which jatha /which simran technique/-- it is a known fact -- all of these groups over the last 100 years or so have produced singhs that laid their lives down for the panth, please correct me if I am wrong.

Now ask your self before you criticize any technique of SIMRAN or any Jatha -- isn't the fact mentioned in the point enough- time now is to get pesh and start on your journey in Maharaj's sharn. Time now is to do something , life is running away over bickering small time arguments on the same old same old.

And finally over time - i.e decades things evolve -- naam simran techniques have evolved- Gurbani the way it's read has even evolved. PROTOCOL is everything but it's adaptive, evolving will remain so -- universal LAW. How do we light a fire today compared to a few thousand years ago???

Thread starter- your own heart will tell you what to do - evolve get repeshed somewhere else or work with you did get at that amrit ceremony-- no matter which jathebandi you take it from you will HAVE TO WORK AT IT.. the basic ingredient SGGS is the most important-is it NOT?

Lastly a true example once a muslim scholar met Mother Teresa and asked and advised that ISlam's teaching are way way advanced than that of Christaninty on a lot of issues...to this Mother Tersea replied " For me what I have is more than enough and is everything-- and if for you ISLAM is everything than good luck to you sir"

one bani or three or five or seven isn't it more than enough for us??? Purattan singhs it's a known fact that one line from SGGS was enough for them to live by to work at achieving it in their life.