Halal Food Authority

Guest ~~~~~

For muslims, all things in life are either halaal or haraam. Even vegetables ans water is halaal. If I said your tap water was halaal, would you stop drinking it?

I agree with not eating food blessed by muslims, but realistically the only thing you need to worry about is food containing meat/meat products.

At our former residence , our neighbors were muslims and when I was a small child , I used to be at their home early in the morning , having breakfast at their home .

On Bakri Eid and moharam , our neighbors would give us their traditionally cooked saemiya , but they never gave us meat because they knew we would not eat it .

With so much of love , they would give us saeviyan and you know what my mom used to do ? We would take the bowl of saeviyan at the door , wish them eid mubarak and my mom would immediately spill those saeviyan in the sink ... becoz food from muhammadans was considered impure !

My parents commonly use statements like "Mussle kisi de mit nahi " ( muslims are no one's friends ) and "Mussle jalaad hunde aa" ( muslims are butchers ) , when infact good and bad people are in every religion !

Our community has so much of anti-islamic feeling ... Is it any wonder , muslims return back that hate to us ?

Sorry , if I offended anyone .

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not just about something containing meat in it - I completely avoid eating foods that have the following on it:

- Halal trademarks - or states Halal "friendy"

- Made in Pakistan - or any other Muslim country - e.g. Turkey, Israel etc

- any product that has Urdu written on it

Now you may argue that I'm "going over the top" - but hear me out - just the way in India we have speakers from Gurdwara's broadcasting Gurbani, Kirtan etc over the fields of crops, food etc - all that Gurbani, Kirtan etc has impact on the form of those crops and food. Same way in Muslim countries they have speakers coming from their Mosques - all those Quraan hymns are broadcasted over their fields of crops, food etc - and in the same way impact the form of those crops and food.

So to be honest with you guys I really don't feel comfortable eating bhojan thats been impacted by such hymns.

You are speaking as if verses from Qur'an are evil ?

Guru Gobind singh ji maharaj said , in zafarnama ,

ਸ਼ਰੀਅਤ ਪ੍ਰਸਤੋ ਫ਼ਜ਼ੀਲਤ ਮ-ਆਬ ॥ ਹਕੀਕਤ ਸ਼ਨਾਸੋ ਨਬੀਉਲ ਕਿਤਾਬ ॥੯॥

SHARI-AT PRAST-O FAZILAT M-AAB, HAKIKAT SHANAS-O NABI AL-KITAB (9)

The Virtuous One is the protector of the faithful. Nothing is hidden from Him. He is the inspiration of Koran.

If God is the inspiration of Quran as said by Maharaj himself , then how can something from Akal purakh be bad ?

Guest Blind i

Guru gobind singh knew all they knew How the ruling mogals were using the halal to force people to eat only one thing now in the uk they will be a time when only halal meat and the derived products are available then it will be too late sikhs should tell restaurant we no halal . I been to so many halal nandos and it all the sikhs sit eating there chicken. I tell you if there were sikhs standing in line for a brothel would we do nothing ? If sikh was standing in queue for hair cut would we stop them and tell them guru teaching. If sikh was standing in smoking hut ready to light up what would you be doing? So why do we let this one slip under?

Guru gobind singh knew all they knew How the ruling mogals were using the halal to force people to eat only one thing now in the uk they will be a time when only halal meat and the derived products are available then it will be too late sikhs should tell restaurant we no halal . I been to so many halal nandos and it all the sikhs sit eating there chicken. I tell you if there were sikhs standing in line for a brothel would we do nothing ? If sikh was standing in queue for hair cut would we stop them and tell them guru teaching. If sikh was standing in smoking hut ready to light up what would you be doing? So why do we let this one slip under?

Bhaji, I agree with you.

The reason why this one slips under the radar is because there is no clear consensus on Sikhs eating meat. With brothels, cutting hair, smoking there is a clear hukam and we all abide by it, even those who lapse know that what they are doing is wrong. However with meat, those who abstain do so fairly strictly and so to them whether meat is halal or not is a none argument as they will not eat any meat and for them campaigning for non-halal meat is something they would not get involved with. Most, not all I admit, meat eaters are not too discerning where their meat comes from hence why you see so many who will eat any type of meat. Yet there are those who eat meat but do not want to eat halal, and they have an uphill struggle.

Guest Bit selfish?

Forgives me if i am confused . So under that very weak statement sikhs according to you think it is ok to go to brothel etc? And so a very selfish statement that if it doesnt bother me then i can bury my head an ignore it. And there's me thinking sikhs stood for defending others. Which of these so called great sikh vegetarians are helping the animals slaughtered in such a painful way? Do most of your friends have these selfish views too?