Beadbi In Imagine Channel Tv Show

Guru Fateh Ji,

Frnds, there is a reality show being broadcast on Imagine TV Channel, in which beadbi of "Guru Granth Sahib" has been done. In this, marriage of two sikh families is being shown and a small sized palki sahib and guru granth sahib ji were given by girls side to boys side as dowry. and it was placed on a table including other things like Kada, Kangha, Kachehra and some sweets and jewellery. and all people sitting around table with shoes and ladies and girls without covering their head with chunni. this is really bad thing for us how can they give "Mahaan, Guru Granth Sahib Ji" as a dowry item. Shame on them the sehgal fanily

WJKK WJKF

Im not siding the program or the family, but i recorded it and watched it, and to me it seems like the boys side were not expecting it, from their reactions, as the b4 it was given to the grandmother she didnt have chuni on her head but when she kissed it she had her chunni on her head, thus maybe the others not having chunnis on their head, etc.

to be honest i didnt even see the rest of the things u mentioned, as not watched it all properly. But the producers should have done that properly and the family should have made them aware of what they were taken to be told to the other family, although it was nice to see the father make a comment that about Sukhmani Sahib ji da gutka.

I feel Sukhmani SAhibji da gutka is the best thing one can give the boys side as its not materialistic like the washing machine, presents etc. It will keep the youngsters close to Guruji, unlike the washing machine.

Yes it is all beadbi, and yes I have seen the programme, but to be fair it is a pretty accurate reflection of the bhappa sikhs whether in delhi or any of the big cities of Punjab. Their 'Sikhism' is a bit different to the Sikhism of you and me because theirs is a Sikhism which is 60% Sikhism and 40% Hinduism. When the average bhappa sikh has a hindu mother, hindu pooah, hindu chache de munde, hindu massar intermigled with a sikh thaiya, sikh foofarh, sikh massi etc, you can't expect his version of sikhism not to include bits of hinduism and confused with hinduism. In a sense thats why the Indian media, whenever they depict sikhs, do have them doing pooja, arti etc because to be fair to the Indians the sikhs they know and associate with do tend to be the sikhs that live among them in the urban areas ; the bhappas.....and that is what they actually do.

Yes it is all beadbi, and yes I have seen the programme, but to be fair it is a pretty accurate reflection of the bhappa sikhs whether in delhi or any of the big cities of Punjab. Their 'Sikhism' is a bit different to the Sikhism of you and me because theirs is a Sikhism which is 60% Sikhism and 40% Hinduism. When the average bhappa sikh has a hindu mother, hindu pooah, hindu chache de munde, hindu massar intermigled with a sikh thaiya, sikh foofarh, sikh massi etc, you can't expect his version of sikhism not to include bits of hinduism and confused with hinduism. In a sense thats why the Indian media, whenever they depict sikhs, do have them doing pooja, arti etc because to be fair to the Indians the sikhs they know and associate with do tend to be the sikhs that live among them in the urban areas ; the bhappas.....and that is what they actually do.

you are totally generalizing. i know amazing"bhappe" singhnis and singhs that inspire me..

It seems now you want to stop Breathing of Bhapa/Arora Sikhs where in some another thread you were pleading to let Jatts breath. We are discussing a issue, where does this Bhapa/Jatt comes into picture? What will you say was the religion of the mother/father/uncle/brother of Guru Angad Dev Jee? What will you say was the religion of mother/father/uncle/brother of Guru Amar Das Jee? of mother/father/uncle/brother of Guru Raam Daas Jee?

This is the JATT ARROGANCE and the Beadabi with which they cut their Beards and even head KES which has completely damaged the whole Sikh Kaum, and still wearing Pagri's on their head showing others we are Sikhs, but actually ordering Hindu Policeman to remove a Sabat-Swaoop SIKH PAG. That is the whole reason Bollywood shows Sikhs as Kes Patit Sikhs, because JATT Sikhs in Punjab have completely made a nuisance and mockery of Sikhi and Sikhi BAANA. See the example of TARA SINGH, a JATT in movie GADAR, some times shown as with DOTTED CUT beard, sometimes without head KES (with OR without TURBAN), sometimes completely shaven. What is all this non-sense? This is because JATTS show and portray themselves like this and surprisingly, they are ARROGANT of all this and call this as their SHAAN.

It is this ARROGANCE of JATTS all the Ravidaasia community is segregated, there is a new Chamar Revolution on the way. Shame on JATTS - I won't even call them as SIKHS as because of them the whole KHALSA SWAROOP has become a mockery in the whole Bollwood media. It is because of their ARROGANCE, the whole SIKH KAUM is on the downside.

SHAME ON JATTS and SHAME on your Post - SHAME SHAME. Won't even call JATTS as SIKHS.

Fortunately and by Grace of GURU, I don't classify myself as JATT/Arora/Afghani/Ramgharia etc. as after taking Guru Gobind Singh Jee pahul, a common man (whichever sect/religion he/she is coming from) becomes Guru's KHALSA. But this definition has not been understood by JATTS, that's the reason there are seperate Doors for entering of JATTS and Mazhabi Sikhs (even those Mazhabi Sikhs who have taken Pahul Amrit) in Punjab Gurudwaras. This is the whole reason why Sikhi is in danger in Punjab. SHAME on JATTS and SHAME specifically on your Post.

I am very surprised and confused how the hell you are in the Quality Control Group? Is this the Quality you are delivering & controlling? You should be in the Newbie Group to first learn the basics of KHALSA. You are trying to spread your JATTISM and Hatred towards Arora/Khatris over here and trying to seperate the KHALSA/SIKHI.

Sat Siri Akal EveryOne,

This is my first post to his group and I totally agree with the post of KhalsaJI. I am in Toronto and it is not thing for us to see those guys who call themselves as SIKHs and are completely clean shaven. It was so depressing to face an experience which I will like to share with the community. Because of my job , most of time I stayed away from my parents and Punjab and my kids had their schooling in Hindi etc and hence became more comfortable in speaking Hindi but understand Punjabi. When we came here and started moving in so called Sikh community who had no Kesh , no Beard and occasional turbon , started telling us that we are not sikhs because our kids speak in Hindi. Myself and My son are keshdhai sikhs and wear our Turbon with proud and visit Gurudwara on daily basis. BUT we are not SIKHS . I feel pity of so called DHARAM de THEKEDAR. These guys , during thier marriage , take LANVA PHERE in turbon and beard and in the evening ,during reception, they come clean shaved and they call them selves a SIKH.

Regards