Bad Smell

Guest mature topic please

Guest mature topic please

WaheguruJiKaKhalsaWaheguruJiKiFateh

Sangat Ji - I got a quite embarassing however relevant question. Basically my farts smell quite bad compared to the rest of my family? I've searched the internet and it mentions how too much sulphur etc causes it - I just wondered like what should I do? I feel so wrong - Gurujis endless blessings i'm a Amritdari and in saroop - but I smell :( My diet tends to consist of the following:

Breakfast:

Cereal- Rice Krispies and one WeetaBix with milk (big bowl)

and one/two toast with jam and glass of water

Lunch:

Sandwich - white bread with carrots, tomato, cucumber and one slice of cheese or cheese spread (no margarine)

Fruit - 1 or 2 Apples, 1 pear, 1 or 2 oranges

Crisps - Cheese and onion/salt and vinger/ ready salted

eat sweets - staurburst or softmints or somthing

I don't drink anything during lunch

Dinner:

3 or sometimes 4 roti's with daal/sabji

sometimes yogurt

glass of water

Sometimes before going to bed have 1 or 2 glasses or hot milk and biscuits/cake or something

I tend to sit down a lot - as I'm studying - i tend to sit for hours at college, at home when studying and while doing Paat...

From my diet it may give the impression i'm quite fat but i'm not; ive checked on the IBM chart i'm normal for my height I just eat a lot :D

Can someone tell me where i'm going wrong? I don't like smelling like this :( - do other people smell or is it just me? :(

Please handle this thread maturely

WaheguruJiKaKhalsaWaheguruJiKiFateh

bhenji x

1. stop farting

2. cut down on daal and fruits because it causes gas

Seriously?

1. It's a natural bodily process which can not be stopped or at least it shouldn't

2. Do you have any scientific evidence that supports this? I'm only curious, because I have never read anything even remotely close to that

It can be a sign of lactose intolerance. Stop drinking milk and eating milk products for a couple of days and see if it helps.

Yep, that's the first thing to test :) Although, you might need more than 2 days to notice it's full effects. Maybe try for a couple of weeks, just to be sure.

If cutting down milk doesn't help, here's a few more things you may want to try.

- increase your water intake, aim for 2-3 liters per day

- eat fruit BEFORE you eat your meal so it can easily pass through your body

- don't drink water at least 30 minutes before and 30 minuter after you eat

try chewing fennel seeds after your meals, fennel aka saunf. It can also be grounded into powder and consumed with water or used in tea. "Fennel is most popular as an anti flatulent, due to the carminative properties of Aspartic acid found in fennel. Its extract can be used in right from the infants to the old, to cure flatulence and to expel gases from the stomach"

Guest guest5

Seriously?

1. It's a natural bodily process which can not be stopped or at least it shouldn't

2. Do you have any scientific evidence that supports this? I'm only curious, because I have never read anything even remotely close to that

Its easy to control. Not everyone farts crazy like you :)

Google it..everyone knows lentils(daal) causes gas. I don't need to give any scientific evidience research yourself.

Not all fruits cause gas, some do like apples and bananas.

Its easy to control. Not everyone farts crazy like you :)

Google it..everyone knows lentils(daal) causes gas. I don't need to give any scientific evidience research yourself.

Not all fruits cause gas, some do like apples and bananas.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning :rolleyes:

get rid of excess sugar and junk food. after you eat a meal, when you take in junk, it sits in the stomach and ferments as the meal digests.

eat healthy. exercise. at night take 2 tablespoon ground up flax seed with 1 tablespoon barado seed in 2 glasses of water. the extra fiber will sweep clean your intestine. drink waaaay more water during the day.

if it's still happening after a couple of days, then begin doing a 1-3 day juice fast or water fast. this gives the intestines time to heal, otherwise all the energy is spent on digestion. google how to do it. guaranteed to work.

Lunch:

Sandwich - white bread with carrots, tomato, cucumber and one slice of cheese or cheese spread (no margarine)

Fruit - 1 or 2 Apples, 1 pear, 1 or 2 oranges

Crisps - Cheese and onion/salt and vinger/ ready salted

eat sweets - staurburst or softmints or somthing

I don't drink anything during lunch

penji make sure you quit starburst it has gelatin :\

and put canola or olive oil in everything eat less noon..

make sure stuff u eat is andah free

and its okay if ur farts are nasty.. just let them go when its windy!! and you are outdoors

and also... you might be lactose intolerant try to drink lactaid and NO CHEESE or milk products! - cereal with lactaid... (most desis are lactose intolerant)