Guru Nanak/God

Sangat i have been wondering since God is everywhere and in everything. So when God Became Guru Nanak Ji did he cease to be everywhere because he was in Guru Nanak Ji alone.

2. Who was running the universe

3. in Jap Ji Sahib it says God is Ajoonie that He isn't born or dies. So For Guru Nanak Sahib Ji He was in a human body.

4. So when did God came into the body of Guru Nanak Sahib Ji when he was born or later on.

5. Did God ever before Guru Nanak Sahib Ji come into any other bodies. Like other People or Was this the first time God came into a human body.

I know we shouldn't be asking this kind of questions but I really have been thinking about them for so long.

------------------------------------------------------------------

God is not a person, has no dress, isnt in one body... god is everywhere and in all of us.

its sort of like god everywhere but maya is what seperates us from god. maya is kaam(desire) krodh(anger) lobh(greed) moh(attatchment) hakaar(ego).. we all human beings have all these things... people that do naam japp wash away their sins and get rid of maya so they become one with god...

the boundary between them and the world vanishes.

In sikhi philosophy isn't black and white. Guru Nanak Dev Jee recognized that Vaheguroojee is everywhere. Gurujee got rid of the maya so Guru Jee became jot of Vaheguroojee himself. Bhagat Kabeer Jee Bhagat Dhanna Jee all recognized that jot in them. Bhagat Kabeer Ji Bhagat Dhanna Jee and Guru Nanak Dev Jee became Vaheguroojee by meditating on Naam

Thats why their teachings are exactly the same

http://sikhitothemax...p?ShabadID=5772

Listen to this..

This isnt a question you need to ask others answer is in Gurbani..

Read Japji sahib and Jaap Sahib with translation or put it on follow with english translation

Great explanation.

In sikhi philosophy isn't black and white. Guru Nanak Dev Jee recognized that Vaheguroojee is everywhere. Gurujee got rid of the maya so Guru Jee became jot of Vaheguroojee himself. Bhagat Kabeer Jee Bhagat Dhanna Jee all recognized that jot in them. Bhagat Kabeer Ji Bhagat Dhanna Jee and Guru Nanak Dev Jee became Vaheguroojee by meditating on Naam

http://sikhitothemax...p?ShabadID=5772

Listen to this..

This isnt a question you need to ask others answer is in Gurbani..

Read Japji sahib and Jaap Sahib with translation or put it on follow with english translation

Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj was never in maya and he never became Akal Purakh. He was/is Sri Waheguru ji in his formless form.

Take for example a mother and her new born baby. The mother takes care of the child in everyway possible and in the baby's eyes the mother is God (the creator, the giver, the perserver, the wise, the one that wipes the tears away to put a smile on the face of the child). The child grows up and lets maya runs it course where the child runs around attached to maya. The child sees the mother as the subordinate to the bigger universal Creator God now and says to mom you're not God (not in words, but action). Tells the mom in action you helped me on the way, you acted the part of God for the time I needed you, thank you, but now I know what I'm doing and my knowledge is great. This is what happens to us when we see Guru ji as lower, he was in maya but Sri Waheguru ji took him out. The child forgets the mother has not changed, but the child him or herself has changed.

Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj was never in maya and he never became Akal Purakh. He was/is Sri Waheguru ji in his formless form.

Take for example a mother and her new born baby. The mother takes care of the child in everyway possible and in the baby's eyes the mother is God (the creator, the giver, the perserver, the wise, the one that wipes the tears away to put a smile on the face of the child). The child grows up and lets maya runs it course where the child runs around attached to maya. The child sees the mother as the subordinate to the bigger universal Creator God now and says to mom you're not God (not in words, but action). Tells the mom in action you helped me on the way, you acted the part of God for the time I needed you, thank you, but now I know what I'm doing and my knowledge is great. This is what happens to us when we see Guru ji as lower, he was in maya but Sri Waheguru ji took him out. The child forgets the mother has not changed, but the child him or herself has changed.

sorry i mean guru ji didnt let maya overpower him he remained one with vaheguroojee.

sorry i mean guru ji didnt let maya overpower him he remained one with vaheguroojee.

I thought that God became Guru Nanak Ji. I believe there is a shabad in Guru Granth Sahib that says "Ap Narayan Kaladhar Jug ma Bismarao" meaning that God came into this world by Guru Nanak Sahib Ji.

Its almost as if you guys are saying that Guru Nanak Sahib just realized God. That He is not God Himself in human form.

Also, if Guru Nanak Ji is a realized soul then would there be a problem of someone saying i rather follow Bhagat Kabir or Bhagat Ravidas Ji because Guru Nanak Sahib and them teach the same thing. But if I follow Bhagat Kabir or Bhagat Ravidas I don't have to take Amrit or Keep Khas.

I thought that God became Guru Nanak Ji. I believe there is a shabad in Guru Granth Sahib that says "Ap Narayan Kaladhar Jug ma Bismarao" meaning that God came into this world by Guru Nanak Sahib Ji.

Its almost as if you guys are saying that Guru Nanak Sahib just realized God. That He is not God Himself in human form.

Also, if Guru Nanak Ji is a realized soul then would there be a problem of someone saying i rather follow Bhagat Kabir or Bhagat Ravidas Ji because Guru Nanak Sahib and them teach the same thing. But if I follow Bhagat Kabir or Bhagat Ravidas I don't have to take Amrit or Keep Khas.

When we say God became something then it means that God had to leave something, like his permanent form and doesn't have the power to be both Sargun and Nirgun at the same time.. God was/is Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj in his permanent form. So for Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj there was no realization to be done. He is the Satguru and Sri Waheguru ji Maharaj

When souls like Bhagat Kabir Ji Maharaj came to this world they weren't God in the permanent form. Bhagat Kabir Ji Maharaj had to realize God. So when Satguru blessed Bhagat Kabir Ji Maharaj with the sight of Akal Purakh his cycle of birth and death were over. Bhagat ji became one with God. It can't be God became Bhagat ji because God is bigger than the creation; the soul. Yes they are one and the same now, where there is no difference, but Bhagat ji took the journey to realize God.

I disagree Phenji. Guru Nanak Sahib were never a seeker of Sat, they knew it right from their birth. Nor did they have Maya.

First time they uttered Bani, they were 5 years old. At age of 9 they rejected Janeoo.

While other Bhagats were in search of the Truth, and found it in later stages of their lives. On a side note, most of the Bhagats met Guru Nanak Sahib and became his Sikhs (thats why we see usage of Ek Oankar or Gurmukh in Banis of some Bhagats).

Sangat i have been wondering since God is everywhere and in everything. So when God Became Guru Nanak Ji did he cease to be everywhere because he was in Guru Nanak Ji alone.

2. Who was running the universe

3. in Jap Ji Sahib it says God is Ajoonie that He isn't born or dies. So For Guru Nanak Sahib Ji He was in a human body.

4. So when did God came into the body of Guru Nanak Sahib Ji when he was born or later on.

5. Did God ever before Guru Nanak Sahib Ji come into any other bodies. Like other People or Was this the first time God came into a human body.

I know we shouldn't be asking this kind of questions but I really have been thinking about them for so long.

Sadh Sangat Ji,

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was not God, nor was he an avatar of God. Guru Nanak Dev Ji had merged his self(mind and body) in the supreme light(JOT/God), there was no duality, all his actions and utterances were directed by God.

Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Rag Suhi(p1136) teaches – "Let that mouth be burnt Who utters that God takes birth and comes into limitations."

So questions 1,2,3 and 5 are wrong assumptions on your behalf.

I would say Guru Nanak Dev Jee was born Guru; his childhood reflects this.

Yes, God does not take form.

That shabad you are refering to is where Bhatt Keerat was praising the Jot in Guru Amardas Ji -

"The Lord Himself wielded His Power and entered the Universe. The Formless Lord took Form, and with His Light He

illuminated the realms of the Universe. He is All-pervading everywhere; the Lamp of His Sabad, the Word uttered by Him, has been lit, Which has illuminated the Universe."

(Bhatt Keerat, p1395, Sri Guru Granth Sahib)

It is about the JOT that illuminated the Guru.

The Bhagats reached that stage, but you will find a lot of their teachings that were before the realisation are not included in Sikh Teachings, hence not considered Gurbani.

Sikhs do not worship any human Guru, the term Guru in the Sikh Scriptures refer to God himself.

"The Guru and God are One - God pervades everywhere and abides in every one. They, for whom it was so writ, dwell on the Lord's Name.

Nanak seeks the refuge of the Guru, Who ever lives; neither He is born nor dies"

(Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Sri Rag, p53, Sri Guru Granth Sahib)

"O Lord, You alone are Merciful Master, Spiritual Guide, Prophet and Religious Instructor.

You are the Master of All Hearts and You make call to the seekers.

You are much above the Quran and other Semitic texts."

(Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Rag Ramkali, p897, Sri Guru Granth Sahib)

Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee clearly stated -

"Who so ever calls me Supreme God, he will be confined to the pit of hell. Consider me as the slave of Supreme God, do not have ANY DOUBT in my statement."