How To Do Ardaas?

Guest Menunahipata

Hi everyone. Does anyone know if one needs skill to do ardass. Cause there is a saying 'becarefull of what you ask cause you may just get it'. Cause what might happen is someone may do ardass but then end up a little afraid thinking something bad might happen cause if they didn't do it propery, or if they didn't ask for the right thing. Any help please, thanks

Yes we do have to be careful when doing ardas in my opinion. We may ask for something which we think is right for us but maharaj wanted to give us something much bigger. Or we may ask for something that will give us pain. Reminds me of the shabad "Vin tudh hor je mangna sir dukha ke dukh, deho naam santokhia utre man ki pukh". I think it basically means if we ask for anything other than gods name we will be in pain(because we don't know what is right for us) please give us your name so our minds desires can be extinguished.

"Hi everyone. Does anyone know if one needs skill to do ardass. Cause there is a saying 'becarefull of what you ask cause you may just get it'. Cause what might happen is someone may do ardass but then end up a little afraid thinking something bad might happen cause if they didn't do it propery, or if they didn't ask for the right thing. Any help please, thanks"

J.S. ji, read the posts below.

http://gurukhoj.com/

get the book miracle of ardas.

Ardass is heard from everyone and it can be for anything. it is the benti of a child to the father. have full faith that satguru ji is already giving you what you are asking for when you do ardass, and do the ardass with full concentration. it is up to satguru if that thing that is asked for will actually be given or not. be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/60127-how-to-do-ardaas/

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/74785-what-to-say-in-ardaas/

Ardass is done from the heart, read the Bani's of the Bhagats on what they asked for before they had met Guru or Akaal purak its from here we'll understand what Ardas is, and as for pardarats like a child or "god im about to go for a job please let me get it" or please let me pass a exam, god doesnt bother him self with these ardasa, he has left the running of the Universe to Kaal and everything within it, there is Bani which talks about the fool who comes in from of Guru and closes his eyes and starts asking for worldly good, Guru shaibs goes on to say there is only 1 thing which the Guru house offers is Naam. And its this Naam of which and sustains the universe, so your choice a new car, better grades, a promotion or something which Guru shiab says you should thrive to reach. I know there will be some who will be like "well so i cant ask for worldly goods or a better life?" to those people yes you can but know its not Guru jee you are asking but his sevak, I cant find the shabad maybe someone can help, "Thakur Shord Dasi Ko Sevia Munmuk und igiana"

Is it not better to be in the circle of the sikhs who follow

thhir ghar baisahu har jan piaarae ||

Sit in the house of ones own self, O beloved servant of the Lord (Thhir Ghar is another name of Dasam Duaar)

sathigur thumarae kaaj savaarae ||1|| rehaao ||

The True Guru shall resolve all your affairs

• 4 weeks later...