Alarming Rise In Sikh Boys Marrying Hindu Girls

clarity

Sunder Ji Hanji you are right, I'm only stating how I see it. Not that I agree with it.

Quite a lot of daals there. Sorryji didn't understand the last paragraph about caste system.

Simran345 Penji, what I am trying to say is as follows:-

Guru Ji started two Langars (1) Spiritual and (2) Temporal. Gurbani is the Spiritual Langar and daals and phulkeys are the temporal Langar.

My question was, why are sikhs only interested in the temporal Langar and disregard the Spiritual one? Some sikhs say that sabat surat concept has no place in the modern western countries in which they live. They also question the necessity of kesh and kirpan or panj Baniay and Amrit sanchar? They do so much kintu prantus when it comes to the Guru's teachings, why? Yet, give them a plateful of black daal with aaloo gobi sabzi and boondi walla dayee with few phulkas, they will happily devour it, no questions asked!! But when it comes to embracing the tenets of sikhi, they run a mile as quickly as their two little legs can handle it!! Their excuse, the tenets belong to some ancient and not modern/western times! One of the tenets of sikhism is riddance of the caste system. This system truly belongs to ancient times but our sikh people are not prepared to let go of it, why?

If the parents of those children that make fun at sabat surat sikhs had taught them what sikhi is all about, they would have grown up as accepting and educated adults. Beating up another child or children just because they are following the Guru's teachings shows the bullies are coming from families where no one has ever taken the time to sit down with them and explain and teach them about sikhi at home. So, in my view parents have to teach their children to love and respect others and not attack them in the school playgrounds plus what sikhi is all about! Thank you for listening, Penji!

Simran345 Penji, what I am trying to say is as follows:-

Guru Ji started two Langars (1) Spiritual and (2) Temporal. Gurbani is the Spiritual Langar and daals and phulkeys are the temporal Langar.

My question was, why are sikhs only interested in the temporal Langar and disregard the Spiritual one? Some sikhs say that sabat surat concept has no place in the modern western countries in which they live. They also question the necessity of kesh and kirpan or panj Baniay and Amrit sanchar? They do so much kintu prantus when it comes to the Guru's teachings, why? Yet, give them a plateful of black daal with aaloo gobi sabzi and boondi walla dayee with few phulkas, they will happily devour it, no questions asked!! But when it comes to embracing the tenets of sikhi, they run a mile as quickly as their two little legs can handle it!! Their excuse, the tenets belong to some ancient and not modern/western times! One of the tenets of sikhism is riddance of the caste system. This system truly belongs to ancient times but our sikh people are not prepared to let go of it, why?

If the parents of those children that make fun at sabat surat sikhs had taught them what sikhi is all about, they would have grown up as accepting and educated adults. Beating up another child or children just because they are following the Guru's teachings shows the bullies are coming from families where no one has ever taken the time to sit down with them and explain and teach them about sikhi at home. So, in my view parents have to teach their children to love and respect others and not attack them in the school playgrounds plus what sikhi is all about! Thank you for listening, Penji!

If only....................You are so right.

Why would they make of fun of someone who is following sikhi in the first place? It is what they learn at home and not in schools. The training to become a bully starts at home and not in the classroom or playground. If a child is being bullied at home by older siblings and parents are not stopping it then that child will learn how to bully others in a similar fashion. We have already done half our learning at home before we start school.

If only....................You are so right.

Why would they make of fun of someone who is following sikhi in the first place? It is what they learn at home and not in schools. The training to become a bully starts at home and not in the classroom or playground. If a child is being bullied at home by older siblings and parents are not stopping it then that child will learn how to bully others in a similar fashion. We have already done half our learning at home before we start school

I agree. If we don't teach our children anything about sikhism before they start school how can we expect them to respect those children that are following the Guru? It would make non followers or the ignorant envious of them, wouldn't it? We learn our manners at home, schools don't have the time to teach our children manners or about their religion as they have to get on with teaching the national curriculum.