Alarming Rise In Sikh Boys Marrying Hindu Girls

clarity

I assume another reason somewhat lost "sikhs" may marry Hindus or whatnot could be because they have some serious infatuation problem where they think it's love, (if it is love, you'd want them to get Gurprassad and became Sikh). Just a note, only Guru Sahib could assist them in breaking the idea of infatuation, what we can tell them to do is don't be letting their feelings get in the way of GurSikhi, (or building GurSikhi).

But I tell you what, these do, and will continue to happen. It's plain old human nature. We have to deal with that reality.

We have to be able to integrate people in the community, especially the children.

Guest Jacfsing2

But I tell you what, these do, and will continue to happen. It's plain old human nature. We have to deal with that reality.

We have to be able to integrate people in the community, especially the children.

I would like to agree with you, but most of these mixed-faith marriages have nobody really interested in Sikhi. If they want they can still become Gurmukhs; however, they usually have to have that interest themselves. (I personally wouldn't take my time out and go to them to be better Gurmukhs, because clearly they started following their own mind).

I would like to agree with you, but most of these mixed-faith marriages have nobody really interested in Sikhi. If they want they can still become Gurmukhs; however, they usually have to have that interest themselves. (I personally wouldn't take my time out and go to them to be better Gurmukhs, because clearly they started following their own mind).

Remember this?

ਖ੍ਵਾਰ ਹੋਇ ਸਭਿ ਮਿਲੈਂਗੇ

Maybe it's all part of the plan?

Guest Jacfsing2

Cricketer Harbhajan singh married Geeta Basra

Your point is? Is Harbhajan Singh even devout to Guru Sahib?

Remember this?

ਖ੍ਵਾਰ ਹੋਇ ਸਭਿ ਮਿਲੈਂਗੇ

Maybe it's all part of the plan?

I'm not trying to make a plan; however, we should help those who ask for it.

What is the big deal in marrying a Hindu. My cousin is married to a Sikh boy. some people will always be paranoid about losing identity. Non stop anti Indian & anti hindu propaganda in Sikh media spread across Europe, Canada have turned

Sikh paranoid of India.

Happy Deepawali to our Sikh brothers and Sisters on this forum!

What is the big deal in marrying a Hindu. My cousin is married to a Sikh boy. some people will always be paranoid about losing identity. Non stop anti Indian & anti hindu propaganda in Sikh media spread across Europe, Canada have turned

Sikh paranoid of India.

Happy Deepawali to our Sikh brothers and Sisters on this forum!

It's against the Sikh Maryada. There's no paranoia behind it, it's there in black and white.

Sunder ji, in reply to your questions:

"When their children wanna marry to to someone who is neither from the mother's faith or the father's faith how are they going to stop them? "

I think it's unlikely they will stop them, as they have done it themselves.

" It is only normal and natural that anyone coming from sikh background wishing and hoping to marry a sikh, so why do we not see this happening normally and naturally?"

Yes parents wish and hope for it, but the children that don't, they do not wish or hope for it. The freedom factor would contribute to this and not having enough respect for their faith.

Sikhism does not demand forced conversions, that is true.

I rather have a disciplined mind any day, than freedom which leads me to be disrespectful to my faith. What good is one's 'freedom' when the mind is not trained to use it sensibly? Our minds cannot be trained to be disciplined without Guru ji's help and guidance. An undisciplined mind is what makes people behave like animals, that's is why we need Guru ji's guidance to learn how to refine and perfect our minds, so that we can utilize our freedom to make refined and perfect choices. It is Guru ji's Bani that helps us to chisel our minds. Guru ji intended for a sikh to marry a sikh in order spread sikhism. If sikhs had followed this hukam every sikh would have ended up with a disciplined and perfected mind!!

There are so many sikhs married to westerners and their children have either become atheists or converted to muslim religion, because no one took the time to teach them their father's religion. Some of them are also either divorced or separated or alcoholics!!

Being modern does not mean a person should forget their religious/spiritual identity. If that was the case then why would majority of sikhs born in modern western countries still have sikh first names? Those names have their origination in the sikh religion itself, don't they? Why don't they consider them to be obsolete or outdated and not suitable for modern times? Why do they still eat the panjabi food in modern western countries then? Obviously, saag and makki di rotti, aaloo walley parontheys, cholley with puryiaan, aallo barryaan and black, brown and yellow daals don't belong to the modern western countries, why do they still eat them? If they can enjoy their typical panjabi diet in modern western countries, what is stopping them enjoying their faith which is so precious, more precious than food?

Why do they still believe in the ugly, odious caste system in the modern western countries? Do they for fraction of a second believe this belongs or should belong to the modern western countries in which they are living?