Amrithari Youth

_singhni_

Guest SAME_

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa | Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Bhenji I can understand how you feel because I am on Guru Ji's path however not yet been blessed with amrit but my family always bring up silly things that annoy me. Like for example, 'Don't tie your keski to tight it will cause a recessing hair line and you should remove it when you get home to prevent this'. Without doing vechaar with them I don't thing anything can be achieved. Rather than just dismissing the topic I find it's better to discuss the matter so it does'nt arise again. Look to gurbani for support and show that you are a daughter of Guru Gobind Singh Ji maharaj and I'm sure they will understand.

Take Care

Gurfatehhh :)

I've experienced a lot of direct hate from some family members, with 1 or 2 extended family saying that they would forcefully cut my hair. i made it clear to them that i wouldn't tolerate that, that i would defend myself, and they got scared and backed off.

Can I ask why they would resort to such lengths? Is it fear or misinformation?

Guest Noone

That's kaljug for you. Guru Jee tells us (sorry, I can't remember the Gurbani line) that people will laugh at us and Guru Jee tell us not to pay any attention to the publics opinions.

I'm sort of in the same boat. As well as thinking this is a test frm Guru Jee for you to prove how u love Him and that that u dnt wna fail, When it really gets to u jus reassure yourself by thinking to yourself that these people dnt know what their missin out on. Jus think this life is a dream like the dreams we have when asleep. We are a guest in this world like we are in our dreams at night. Our friends and family wont come with us when we die. So forget about what they say, dnt let it get to you.

Don't let people's comments and opinions change who you are.

i've noticed that people in general who have some insecurities get upset when everyone around them is not participating in the same paap as they are. for example, SOME get really uptight that if you don't want to drink with them. people sometimes want to have everyone doing wrong along with them so that they can avoid their conscience. seeing someone not engaging in the same behaviour makes it clear that someone has rejected their worldview, their principals, their life goals and philosophy, and all to walk on a harder path in life. it makes people uncomfortable.

• 2 years later...

It's the pagwale that let themselves down. There are few few that have been blessed with balance. Most are either ott with Sikhi can and can't dos to the world while not keeping their own house in order. The ones that have their own house in orde are the ones that have no insecurities whatsoever. I have unfortunately met ver very few of the later.