Amrit Vela

Guest Moorakh

Guest Moorakh

Ok I'm not going to lie to you I have still been struggling with Amrit Vela and not just a bit. That probably explains my depression a bit.

I have got a little idea a small request.

May sound stupid I kno but I will give it a shot anyway.

How about during Amrit Vela, everyone tries to post on here 'VAHGURU', type as many times as u want nothing else. Do this anonymously so you are not revealing you real identity, removing ego and remaining gupt.

The aim of this is to encourage everyone to get up for Amrit Vela, encouraging others to get up. It's as if we are all their in spirit.

What u think?

Sorry if I offended anyone with my idea. That was not my intention.

I am not sure logging online at amrit vela is a good idea. Why dont you try putting one of the sikh channels on, they usually have simran and kirtan playing during the early hours. It's just a suggestion or you could get up and go to the gurdwara if it's open.

Guest someonetbh

fateh jio

this is the first time im using this website, i need some help seriously i have been blessed with amrit and i was sure that i was going do everything to actually call myself a sikh but i dont know, i dont get up for amrit vela, i barely do my panj baania ( as in quickly reading and rushed) and rehrass sahib, i cant even remember the last time i sat down and did some simran... im so ashamed and used excuses like uni work etc for not getting up, im watching tv all the time and even slacking with education now,i used to go to alot of local programmes etc but i cannot even remember the last time i went, i feel afraid and ashamed to face the sangat and other gursikhs so i purposly stay i away, like i feel a phoney going to gurughar when i really dont deserve to be there ive never had this "rush" other people get after taking amrit and im sooo jealous to be really honest ive had other problems too and have recently been put on anti depressant medication and other health issues i havent done anything ( in my eyes) that i need to go peshi for (unless you guys think i do?) ... its not that ive lost faith of anything i just dont know how to explain the way ive become before i was blessed with amrit i was a completely different person .. i woek up for amrit vela always went to the gurdwara, etc etc and now i try my best to do bare minium and its just distgusting...

bhul chukh marf

fateh jio

Guest Petal

Vahegeru Vaheguru Vaheguru Vaheguu

In the same boat. Make it a working progress. Do ardaas, don't give up.

It's Maya making u depressed. Naam is the best medication, cure of all diseases.

Researchers have just recently come out with how regular meditation helps to relieve stress and so on.

Guru Jee has already told us this. Were all so blessed and we dont even realise it.

4:18 AM vaheguru! bliss of amritvela. you ALL can do it. trust me, if maharaj can do this kirpa on me, he can on you! I am a big sinner!

Listen to or do keertan/path/simran before you go to bed. don't do anything else while you do this. then do rakhiya de shabad and keertan sohila, then do proper standing ardas to guru maharaj for him to bless you to get up and do ishnaan, naam simran and nitnem, etc. it is up to maharaj to bless you with it or not. But the other thing is that the activites you do in the day also affect whether or not you will get up for amritvela. It will probably help alot if you stay away from TV, music other than bani, wrong company,video games, non sikhi books etc. The more the mind is attached to naam simran, bani and keertan throughout the day, the higher the chances of getting up for amritvela the next day.

However really it is all down to guru sahibs kirpa. Keep doing ardas, it might not get fulfilled the first time you do ardas, but dont give up hope, dont give up your efforts and keep doing ardas.

and remember, regardless of whether you do or don't get blessed to get up for amritvela a particular day:

ਜਬ ਲਗੁ ਜੋਬਨਿ ਸਾਸੁ ਹੈ ਤਬ ਲਗੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇ ॥

Jab lag joban sās hai ṯab lag nām ḏẖi▫ā▫e.

As long as there is youth and health, meditate on the Naam. (Ang 82)

Vaheguru!!

Guest ipille

Really really struggling to get up for Amrit Vela.

Has anyone gt any tips?

Tried a lot of things but wen it comes to actually getting up it just doesn't happen. Because my Amrit Vela is slack I feel my paat is rushed, my concentration isn't even there.

When it's amrit vela time I will turn off the alarm fully aware of what I'm doin, I will put it on snooze and tell my self I'll get up a bit later. I go to sleep fairly early.

Sometimes I don't feel like doin naam abhyaas with gursikhs because I think well I don't even it do it on a every say basis so this is jus pakgans bt then I tell my self I shud do simran wi gursikhs because this will b a starting point. Bt still no luck. I dont manage to get up on my own after being with sangat.

Pls help, I'm on my last straw.

If you can't get up, go to sleep early. Amrit vela is from 1am onwards(most effective from 1am doing naam simran) so id say if you find it hard to wake up to maybe go to sleep around 9pm, do naam simran, and go to sleep after, around 3:30 or 4 am maybe. Satnam Ji

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...