Amrit Vela

Guest Moorakh

Guest amritvela sach nao

Get up for amritvela, do nitnem then go back to sleep :) that works perfectly for me. Rest - do ardaas to mahraaj & make an effort to not to miss a single amritvela.

Guest Moorakh

Thank you. Will deffo try the above. Not tried the blanket one. Tried doin the alarm away from arms lenghth, bt I'm such a papi that just before I doze off, I can't help bt turn off alarm altogether before it even goes off or I will bring the alarm closer to me.

Hav things ready night before. That used to help. So embarrassing and shameful bt can't remember the last tym got up for Amrit Vela. Before goin sleep, will try motivate my self by leaving kirtan on in background low volume, Sohila an Ardaas and if I'm nt too sleepy will hav small convince wi Guru Jee. Then come Amrit Vela its a different story. Don't know what comes over me.

During the day I regret nt waking up. Been having mood swings lately.

Will deffo try the blanket one and maybe if I set alarm and dash it somewhere with my eyes closed before going sleep, that will stop me from turning it off before dozing off then will definitely have to get up.

Thanks you all for your suggestions. Will deffo hav a go at them. Tried nt eating for a day but didn't work because when I gt home from work I felt tired gad to nap then eat. Maybe it would have worked. Shockingly wasn't that hungry bt jus felt like eating for the sake of it. But reckon had nt eaten all day would have been extremely hungry during Amrit Vela and would not have been able to concentrate.

Can't help bt think I obviously dnt hav that pyaar and the 'can't wait want to' motivation to get up fir Amrit Vela, because if I did I wouldn't need to have to try all this to get up. I don't know how my motivation has changed like this now from when receiving Amrit. I thought it would get easier, but it's just gets harder.

Thanks again for all your tips. Will definitely take into account and try them out.

God bless u all.

Vahehguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!!!

Guest Paapi

VJKK VJKF,

I would say Sangat is the most important!I think everyone goes through different phases, up and down. Another thing is not to push urself too much, I found that when I tried to wake up REALLY early and did for a few days but then missed a day, I would become really sad and that doesn't help cuz u could give up. Also, I know this is random and doesn't really relate to ways of trying to wake up for amritvela, but try doing some kirtan before u go sleep, I don't know but it sort of inspires me to wake up. Reading Sikhi books, whether its bedtime stories of the Gurus or autobiographys of amazing Gursikhs! That always helps me. Oh and very important - Ardaas!

Vahegurooooo! :) all the best

VJKK VJKF

you have been presented with some good advice from the posts already made. i think first of all, you need to figure what works for you, i mean some people get up and go back to sleep, some people get up a bit later and stay awake. Seems like you are trying this already. Once you have established that, then its about making it a habit. not just amrit vela but bed time and what/ how much you eat etc. it's about reviewing your whole daily routine. What you do even before you go to sleep, like people have already mentioned, it can help if you listen to kirtan, go to the gurdwara, read about sikhi etc. You'll notice that you will naturally wake up at a certain time, without the alarm. it does help if you know people that have a similar routine, they can help.

GURUFATEH G DONT HURT UR BODY BY NOT FEEDING IT THAT IS A BIG PAAP

HONSTLY WITH MY EXPIRIENCE U NEED TO PRAY FOR THIRST

THE PIAAS COMES IN DUKH

N NOTE EVEN TOO MUCH SUKH IS DUKH

U HAVE TO TELL URSELF HOWS IMPORTANT AMRIT VELA IS

STAY IN GODS SHELTER BUT AMRIT VELA SHUDNT B A CHORE U SHOULD WANT TO

N IT IS BEAUTIFUL

I USUALLY JUST SO SIMRAN AND SAVE NITNEM FOR WHEN THE SUN COMES

LEARN THE MEANINGS OF NITNEM AND WHAT HELPS ME AS WELL IS DOWNLOAD THE SHABAD GUR SATGUR KAA JO SIKH AKHIAYE SO PALKE OTH HAR NAAM DHIAAVAY

BEACUSE NO MATTER HOW TIRED U ARE THAT SHABAD WILL MAKE U GET UP BECAUSE IT IS LITERALLY GURU SAHIB TELLING US TO WAKE UP

U GOTTA MAKE GURU DA FOUNDATION OF UR LIFE AND AMRIT VELA SHUD B THE FOUNDATION OF UR DAY

BUT DONT DONT DONT DONT EVER STARVE UR SELF YOUR SOUL WHICH IS THE IMAGE OF GOD LIVES WITHIN UR BODY SO ALWAYS TREAT UR BODY WELL THIS IS GODS HUKAM

Guest Moorakh

Thanks for that.

Yeh might download that shabad. You don't happen to know the link for that shabad do you?

I never thought of starving my self as a bad thing but the way u put it ur right. We don't don't believe in fasting for them reasons. I never thought about it like that. Wt if I skip meals sometimes? For example I will hav breakfast, take lunch to wrk with me bt sometimes I won't eat it because I don't feel hungry, then I won't eat until evening time. So basically I just eat when I'm hungry.

Some days iv gone with just eating breakfast and nothing else because I'm rushed off my

feet and I end up missing just lunch and dinner or sometimes both. Is that paap? Iv not not eaten deliberately.

I would have to disagree with the advice to starve yourself if you miss amritvela. While that may work for some, but the general population, if you do that, you will likely be even more tired the next day which will make it waking up early even tougher.

aww ur nt the only one who finds it hard, same thing goes on with me, i find it sooo damn hard to wake up at amritvela. this wrks for me when i think that guru ji is watching me and waiting for me to get up and do pathh so i tend to wake up

anyway bhulchuk leyi maaf karna

waheguruji ka khalsa waheguruji ki fateh!

Put yourself in accordance to the Natures Clock and you will not be needing any alarm birds will be your alarm. Just think electricity is yet to be invented and set your body clock accordingly for next 7 days and you will wake up very early in the morning with same freshness as you wake up at 9