Khalistan - Some Misconceptions

Pyara

Why don't we just call it "Punjab" instead of Khalistan? The biggest misconception is the name "Khalistan" most people refering to indians and sikhs think of it as for an extremist country for sikhs where hindus and muslims can't live. Why don't we fight for an independent Punjab i think we would get more support for "Punjab" overall then "Khalistan" from the majority which is muslims and sikhs and also hindus will suppport it. We can probably get Pakistan Punjab and Indian Punjab back together again as "Punjab" alot quicker if we are supported by majority of the people. If india or others start to call Punjabi's "extremists" or "terriosts" it will actually backfire on them since not all sikhs are punjabi's and more people will start supporting the idea of an independent "Punjab" since it is not just sikhs suffering in punjab it is other religions as well. We are running out of water in Indian Punjab and they say it will be gone in 15 years and farmers are commiting sucide we can easily highlight these issues and gain support. If we think about it carefully all the people from various backgrounds will join in to help an indepedent "Punjab" instead of Khalistan.

What a stupid idea !

Pakistani punjab is almost entirely muslim . So , a united punjab would be like a muslim majority , and then the rest being hindu majority and sikhs will be left with .... now you guess !

What a stupid idea !

Pakistani punjab is almost entirely muslim . So , a united punjab would be like a muslim majority , and then the rest being hindu majority and sikhs will be left with .... now you guess !

Actually its not a stupid idea since that is what Maharaja Ranjit Singh's Punjab was based upon and muslims were the majority and sikhs were the minority and were able to practice there religion in freedom without being killed. If you ask any muslim from punjab or sikh or even hindu they will say that was the best period in time for Punjab

All I know is that I don't want another bloodshed on my Sikh brethren !

I don't want 1984 to ever repeat again ! and our places of worship being destroyed and our ladies raped and our men getting killed !

Come in India and speak for khalistan if you can ! Its very easy speaking bs sitting abroad ! _excited__by_CookiemagiK.gif

Everybody wants peaceful solution but we will not get one a good example is 1984. If we want equal rights and sikhi to grow we have to fight for those rights even if we are killed even Guru Ji fought against Muguls for our rights and lost his family. If we are not going to bother fighting for our rights or for sikhi then sikhi will become just a name only. If you look at 1970's 1980's we had more people following there religion and you can look at videos from those times and see almost everyone wearing a turban in todays time we see nobody wearing a turban. Most people today are commiting suicide due to land issues or are drugs and dying from that.

Actually its not a stupid idea since that is what Maharaja Ranjit Singh's Punjab was based upon and muslims were the majority and sikhs were the minority and were able to practice there religion in freedom without being killed. If you ask any muslim from punjab or sikh or even hindu they will say that was the best period in time for Punjab

Now You would need copies of Hari Singh Nalwa , Akali Phoola Singh and Ranjit Singh to strike fear in the hearts of pathans / Muslims if you would like Sikhs to still dominate inspite of being outnumbered by Sullas and Bamans

Why do i see that all people who are living on govt . pensions in punjab are not in favour of khalistan or am i again mistaken . i remember 2 of my cousins ( Both of them middle class 0 being kidnapped by Terrorists ( Kharkoos ) for large Ransoms . My young bachelor neighbour was shot down in the night .His whole family was wrecked overnight . I have heard that my aunt was interrogated by a Terrorist / Kharkoo at the school where she taught .Her nickname sounds hindu . Had she told him that , she would have been shot down . But she told him her sikh name .When she said which pind she belonged to the guy said Saada sardar wi othon da and she said that she knew his Leader tussi saadi pehn ho pehnji and he left My uncle hid in the library when the terrorists came to search for someone at his school. Did they kill someone there ? I dont know .I remember my tayee telling me that Terrorists / kharkoos also forced villagers to give them support and then indulged in indecent behavious with the Villagers families . Then they asked Fellows to do Naam Charcha . I also heard that they bribed kids in schools with dry fruits to have them serve them as messengers . In return the kids start threatening their school masters if they got punished for not doing their homework .

This is one side of the story that i know of . I dont know of the other side

Everybody wants peaceful solution but we will not get one a good example is 1984. If we want equal rights and sikhi to grow we have to fight for those rights even if we are killed even Guru Ji fought against Muguls for our rights and lost his family. If we are not going to bother fighting for our rights or for sikhi then sikhi will become just a name only. If you look at 1970's 1980's we had more people following there religion and you can look at videos from those times and see almost everyone wearing a turban in todays time we see nobody wearing a turban. Most people today are commiting suicide due to land issues or are drugs and dying from that.

Big words. Give your head and I'll follow.

To want to see another one of our brothers dead - even in the glory of shaheedi - is one dead Sikh too much. If we keep fighting until the death, there'll be none of us left to live in the "promised land". We have more tools at our disposal than what our ancestors had. Whilst there is no greater glory than death, surely it's time for a new approach. An approach that involves life instead of death. I'm sick of being surrounded by the foul stench of death.

Those that bang the drum for self-sacrifice and shaheediya, give your real name on this website and go give your shaheedi. What are you waiting for? Then we'll know you were serious and your words were not hollow.

More education on the Sikh way of life needs to be given to the people of punjab. No person that has the teachings of the Guru will ever want to live in the punjab of today. Raising the spirits of the punjab people will raise there understanding of what is more important. The Singhs of Guru Sahib time and after that, were not focused on monetary gain or loss. They were focused on freedom of every kind. The Singhs of the 1980s could not be bought with a gold coin because their spirit was focused on Akal Purakh. If you want Khalistan then start with the training of young children with the teachings of Sikhi. These young students will be the future who fight for freedom. Raise awareness of the ill doings of the Indian government in Punjab and people will be able to see the reason for an independant state. Instead of calling for Khalistan, call for the freedom of Punjab from tyrannts, the Indian government. Punjab is being attacked economically and religously. But the Indian government doesn't want punjab to fail economically for economic reasons. They want Punjab to fail economically because it is where majority of the Sikhs live and it is the SIkhs homeland. If punjab is deprived economically then that holds the Sikhs down from gaining any power. So whatever way it is put, punjab is being attacked and is an issue for the government of India because it is dominanted by a religion they hate. Take the religious aspect out of punjab and the indian government would never hate punjab. It would be the other way around where they would be supporting punjab fully because they will be profiting off of this state substantially. The indian government is still making a huge profit, but not to what they would be making. If you listen to Sant ji's speeches, you will hear him saying economically Punjab is being looted and we need to stand up. But he is not saying once we are economically stable the fight for freedom will stop. He is asking for something that is much higher than monetary gain or loss. Sant ji was speaking for freedom of all kinds. He stood on taking Amrit and following the Guru's path.

If people start promoting Khalistan on the bases of a dual stand economics and religion, then the actual freedom struggle will be lost. People that are not spiritually lifted are more inclined to get themselves (their own families and close relatives) out of the struggle and then forget about the freedom of others. Looking at Khalistan with monetary gain and loss is a short term driving force that will fail in the end. Give the same person the teachings of Sikhi and monetary gain is dust in their eyes.

Big words. Give your head and I'll follow.

To want to see another one of our brothers dead - even in the glory of shaheedi - is one dead Sikh too much. If we keep fighting until the death, there'll be none of us left to live in the "promised land". We have more tools at our disposal than what our ancestors had. Whilst there is no greater glory than death, surely it's time for a new approach. An approach that involves life instead of death. I'm sick of being surrounded by the foul stench of death.

Those that bang the drum for self-sacrifice and shaheediya, give your real name on this website and go give your shaheedi. What are you waiting for? Then we'll know you were serious and your words were not hollow.

Punjabipredator, ignore the above comments. Some don't understand what Sikhi is.

Punjabipredator, ignore the above comments. Some don't understand what Sikhi is.

Reveal to the world what your name is, pick up your sword or your AK-47 and then go kill who you need to kill in order to make this a reality. I'll follow you until the end.

No? Then it's all empty words and false bravado.