Is this right?

Gurpedro

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

Is it right for a Gurudwara Commitee to suspend and barr a Granthi Sahib ji from doing his seva at the Gurudwara?

A Granthi Sahib ji has been banned and suspended for 21 days from doing seva in Rochester, England. He has been doing seva there for 18 years and is well respected in the surrounding communities. The commitee banned and suspended him because of speaking too loud and doing seva that they didn't want him to do e.g not to book Akhand Pathas and programs for the sangat. They speak to him with no respect and they dishonour our Religion. In my point of view Waheguru Ji comes first, then its our Guru ji the Guru Granth Sahib, then the seveck the Granthi Sahib ji and then the commitee thats runs the Gurudwara. The Granthi Ji is slowly been forced out to the lack of respect, they are now hiring new Granthi's that come from India. I must say that its unappropriate to have people running and preaching at the gurudwara that are not a true Gursikh and eats meat and drinks alcohol, then do they have the right to take a true Gursikhs seva away who has Gurbani in his Mind and can relate to Gurbani to situations in the real world.

I'm a young Gursikh and have a lot to learn but I am not happy with the minority of Sikhs in society today, they make themselves out to be true to Waheguru but their Minds are full of Hatred, Jealousy, Greed and Envy. If all my elders, brothers and sister could reply with their opinion and feelings I would be very grateful. Thank you for taking your time to read this long post and I apologies for any spelling mistakes and if I've offended anyone indirectly.

Kind Regards,

r>

Mr. G Singh

If this commitee are disrespecting Guru jee by eating meat or Drinking alcohol within the Gurdwara then we must do some thing.

Or if the Commitee take Guru jee to Halls and so on. Then we must also do some thing.

Please let us know if this is the case.

Gurpedro ji,

It's definetly not right on the committee's part to ban the Granthi, especially for the some of the things like not booking programmes.

Granthis are ministers to the GURU and should be treated with the highest respect. Problem is that nowadays the committees see them as mere employees and feel that they can discpline them. Also the Granthis have let themselves get into this postition by not standing upto poorly run committees.

As it's a local issue we don't know the intricacies of what is involved. Doesn't seem quite right though. Bookings programs is almost always a committee responsibility. They need to come to an understanding.

Confront the committee as Sangat. If you feel the Gyani is being mistreated the you should gather the sangat and speak to the committee.

Define roles. There must be someone in the committee present in the evenings in charge of booking and tell the Granthi.

There is no meat or alcohol being eaten or drank in the gurudwara itself. But I can't be preached to if the person who is preaching is not good himself/herself.

Thank you for your replies, its nice to know your opinions. Gursa Singh ji thank you for your advice, I am going to speak to them personally and see what happens but if no progression, then I will speak to the sangat and ask them what to do. I will keep you posted.

GurFateh.

Sometimes I think, Waheguru ji does things for a reason so I am certain that things will turn out for the best. As long as we don't have hatred in our mind then tables do turn, and whoever has done bad will pay for their actions, if not now then later.

GurFateh

Dear Gurpedro Ji...

That trully is a bad situation and ashame...Hopefully you can get together with the sangat of the gurdwara and do something about it...

Let me narrate something to you...these e.g.'s show us the current state of gurdwara's- more specifically the so called 'committee's' which are NOT focusing on the sangat (as they should be...in terms of listening to their advice etc and doing things in their favour)...INSTEAD its all about the MONEY!

Anyways, I found out like last week that this 1 bibi ji whom I know fairly well was told that she could no longer do 'rauls' (i.e. read from siri guroo granth sahib ji) as her voice was 'not good enough'! no.gif CAN YOU BELIEVE IT! :wub: @ I mean the fact is that this bibi ji has done ALOT of santhia and reads SHUDH (i.e. correctly!!) GURBANI!!!

Such people get away with treating sangat like this!! Nothing can really be done anout it as the people in the committee are basically toghether like glue!!! wacko.gif

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh.

P Singh ji you summed up the Gurudwara commitee situation to the tee. It is so true what you say. The people that want to have a clear mind and do seva can't because the commitee do as they please. Instead of trying to get people to come to the gurudwara and have piece of mind, they are forcing people out which is disgracefull. We can't call a gurudwara "Gurudwara" anymore, its more like a Business these days.

I'm just scared for the future, if no one goes to the gurudwara then our youngsters are going to lose touch with their faith. Thats why I emphasise that everyone should clear there minds and not listen to these people that aggrevate us at the gurudwaras, just go there for yourself and waheguru ji.

GurFateh

>>Granthis are ministers to the GURU and should be treated with the highest respect. Problem is that nowadays the committees see them as mere employees and feel that they can discpline them. Also the Granthis have let themselves get into this postition by not standing upto poorly run committees.

You are assuming that all granthis are good. From experience I would say good Granthis are few are far between.

Recently I found that the local Granthis had allowed people to go into the Sachkand whilst wearing Socks. One failed to do his duties and would turn up late in the mornings, another had a sideline pretending he was a baba. Do such Giani deserve respect ?

I think not.