How To Tackle People'S Bad Remarks On Sikhi Saroop ?

Some people gave some really bad remarks regarding my sikhi saroop . I keep untrimmed beard and tie yellow parna ( the ones we get as siropa from Gurudwara ) . Sometimes my friend would give joke to my turban like "Open that thing and let some fresh air flow" along with hand movements . I think this same thing happened some 5 times ..

How to tackle such people in future , apart from beating them ? thank you

Some people gave some really bad remarks regarding my sikhi saroop . I keep untrimmed beard and tie yellow parna ( the ones we get as siropa from Gurudwara ) . Sometimes my friend would give joke to my turban like "Open that thing and let some fresh air flow" along with hand movements . I think this same thing happened some 5 times ..

How to tackle such people in future , apart from beating them ? thank you

Dear Sarabjeet

I too used to have this trouble ,because I used to live in an area in the UK, which had the highest number of reported racist incidents.I was also physically attacked by a group of skinheads ,In my experience these people make bad remarks because they have no teacher to instruct them and they are themselves hurting so seek to hurt.

These people usually want to provoke a reaction ,be proud of your saroop, but humble enough not to beat them.Turn the other cheek and forgive them 500 times atleast.

do more bani and read stories of the Gurus, sants, and shaheeds to make yourself brave on the inside. Educate yourself on Sikhi so that you can answer your friends questions and Educate your friends. If they don`t become educated on it and show some respect and tolerance, then they are not your real friends.

Since this has happened 5 times already, here's what I would say. "Perhaps you should take your pants and shirt off too, you know, 'to let some fresh air flow' ". That is insulting for a reason, with people like that you have to be extremely blunt.

I've had insulting remarks made toward me in the past. I usually let them know politely that I don't appreciate the comment and that it's insulting. If they don't stop then after the 3rd time, I let loose and say something mean. After that they don't bother me. Basically, you have to stand up for yourself and let them know that you won't stand the insults.