is it okay bow infront of sant ?

sevak

mkhalsa veerji....

i just reported what is in Bhai Sahib ji's book.....bhai Vir singh ji was a pooran Gurmukh who has done a lot for the Panth......who also did ALOT of khoj of gurbani and dasam granth sahib.....inspired thousands of people to turn to Guru Sahib and whose writings continue to inspire thousands today....

also...Sant Sangat Singh's murshid was his father....Sant Attar Singh ji was Sant Teja's Singji's murshid... Baba Harnam Singh ji was Baba Seva Singh ji's murshid... all the taksali Sants, Nanaksar sants, the Nishkam Sevak Jatha, did seva with their predecessors and learned gurbani khoj from them...

also Prof. Puran Singh ji came into sikhi under the guidance of Bhai Vir Singh ji... i would urge you to read up on some of his Prof. Puran Singh Ji's literature...it is QUITE clear that his guru was Guru Granth Sahib ji....

in fact if you go to the Taksal website....and check out the short videos that they have...you'll see the Singh ji saying that all so-called vidvaans and granthis should go spend time with true brahmgiyaanis and do seva of sangat....only that way will they have inspirational jeevans and be able to spread sikhi......

you talk about panthic norms..these gursikhs spent their lives living with Sants/ Mahapurshes learning gurbani and doing seva.....are you calling them non-panthic???...cuz if you are...maybe you should read the rules of the message board again...

also...your comment about Narinder grewal and company doesnt hold up...cuz a true sant wouldn't say the type of things that he did...a true sant takes our hands while we walk away from the guru and says "hey look overe there...there's Guru

Sahib...why don't we take a walk that way"

anyway...this topic has been discussed a million times on this board...and everyone has an opinion...and although i disagree with you...i still respect it...i just hope you can do the same......

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can do vand of the words this way too: "Jo Disey Gur Se Khara, Tis Niv Niv Laago Paae Jeeo"

According to which type of Santhiya??

word "Sikhra" and "Gursikhra" means the same thing. Gursikh.

First panktee.

jo dIsY gurisKVw iqsu iniv iniv lwgau pwie jIau ]

jo dheesai gurasikharraa this niv niv laago paae jeeo ||

When I see a Sikh of the Guru, I humbly bow and fall at his feet.

Last panktee

jo gur dIsY isKVw iqsu iniv iniv lwgau pwie jIau ]3]

jo gur dheesai sikharraa this niv niv laago paae jeeo ||3||

When I see a Sikh of the Guru, I humbly bow and fall at his feet. ||3||

Comes down to the same meaning. Also, should other words like "oupadhaesarraa" be broken down also? no offense. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

i was sitting with a couple elder singhs today and i brought up this question.....'is it wrong to matha tek to sants'....and they all had the same look on their face like 'are you crazy'. they gave the same gurbani tuk...jo dheesai gurasikharraa this niv niv laago paae jeeo. they also mentioned that as long as you dont look at them like theyre your guru or that you dont matha tek to them in front of maharaj saroop its all good. they didnt even say its fine to matha tek to them, they said its good to matha tek to sants and you should.

they added at the end that if you dont have the gian to comment on a topic like this, its best to just stay quiet and not go around saying this or that is wrong (ex. water/coconut during akhand paath sahibs or whenever, regarding matha tek to picture of guru sahib, etc...)

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Regarding the bibi ji getting the dust from where baba ji's joreh were, thats good for her!

Guru Ji talks constantly about the dust from the feets of saints and sadh sangat as being pavitar.

Was speaking to a singh who felt it was ok to bow b4 a sant, and his argument was that this person was so much more infinently greater than he, that this gursikh had the kirpa of the guru, had kamai, everything etc and that due to nimrata and pyaar he couldnt help but fall at his feet. that he was such a miserable worm that he didnt deserve to stand there and be face to face with a sikh of the guru. he bowed because this was a servant of his king (sorry cant recall but some gurbani along the lines of 'make me the slave of your slaves')

he said for his guru he had given his head so it was not the same, as this bowing of the head was never the same as bowing to the guru to whom u had sacrificed ur head.

he just spoke of nimrata and about how much love he had for that sikhi.

anyway that was his view, he really believed in what he was saying, so wasnt just doing it out or ritual.

But example i seen yesterday was baba takhar singh ji, who hasnt been well recently but still wouldnt let people matha tek to him, he would sit up and push them and tell them to say fateh only.

From what i hear it seems many gursikhs keep a cloth which they use to clean the shoes of the sangat which they wipe on their foreheads as an attempt to drive out ego.