Evolution

Evolution - Fact or Fiction?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Evolution is fact.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khaalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

Cyber Sangat Jee,

One of my many passions in life outside of Sikhi is that of science. I am a highly enthusiastic biologist and care passionately about life, the world around us and the people within it. One of my greatest interests is that of evolution, something that is not only scientific fact but also something very beautiful - the idea of continually developing perfection from imperfection, going from simple beginnings to complexity. As part of my passion for this I would like your views on evolution sangat jee, as well as being able to answer any questions or misconceptions that you may have. I have also included a poll to see how many of you believe it and how many of you don't.

I look forward to reading your viewpoints.

Take Care and God Bless,

Cyber Sangat Jee,

One of my greatest interests is that of evolution, something that is not only scientific fact but also something very beautiful - the idea of continually developing perfection from imperfection, going from simple beginnings to complexity.

Sorry Jeo i don't belive in evolution. If im not correct but the idea of that in the begaining it was simple or the first cells were simple is false, the cells or highly complex. Im no expert but i also think that the idea of one species evolving into another can't happen or theres no evidence of it only theories.

Also, don't except evolution as fact so fast. Study the other side.

Heres a good articles i found My link My link

also can you tell me what you think of these videos if they are false or not

We should ask Giani Thakur Singh Ji or Baba Jagjit Singh Ji or other Gursikhs about evolution.

Guest RavindaSingh

I think the idea of evolution is true cos its all good sayin vaheguru created humans but there must of been a process involved to do this and so evolution could have been this process thats what i believe but whats more important on pondering is VAHEGURU :)

The reason Christians wont accept evolution is because their whole belief system would be shattered. They try to convince themselves, despite the enormous amount of evidence, because they don't want to go against their religion. I'll bet many punjabi people (older) have never even heard of evolution. And if someone tells them we came from monkeys, they would laugh at the idea because they have no background knowledge and will base their views on their simple logic. We don't need to ask anyone for this answer. Why should we ask Parcharaks about questions about science? We should be asking them spiritual questions...something we can actually gain something from.

I just posted an article about a new strain of E Coli and some people on this forum don't believe in Evolution!

:rolleyes

How do new diseases come into existence?...through magic?

How come homo sapiens weren't around when T Rex was walking the Earth?...did we just suddenly come into existence after billions of years of life that already existed on the Earth...if large species in the past have suddenly come into existence should we expect suddenly other large species to come into existence in the future?

har aapae pa(n)ch thath bisathhaaraa vich dhhaathoo pa(n)ch aap paavai ||

The Lord Himself directs the evolution of the world of the five elements; He Himself infuses the five senses into it

http://www.sikhitoth...p?ShabadID=2758

According to Sikhi, Waheguru created the entire Universe. Moments after the Big Bang, when Waheguru created the Universe, evolution began. Once the Earth was formed Evolution continued on Earth and slowly life began to become more and more advanced until we reached a state where we are able to meet Waheguru. With that said Earth is in the Universe and therefore it is a creation of Waheguru. We disagree with Christians that the Earth was created 6000 years ago, we can effectively deduce that the Earth is around 4.5 billion years ago. Sikhi shows that the Universe has been here for endless ages, probably in the billions. Either way the goal for a Sikh should be to meet Waheguru in this lifetime. With this said, science will never, and i mean never know the wonders of Waheguru. They will try to approach it in a non religious manner but will never meet or realize Waheguru because they are using their own cunning. Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji knew what science is now starting to prove through statistics and logical reasoning. This doesn't hinder my faith even an ounce, it only goes to support my little knowledge of Gurbani and inspire me to become a stronger Sikh.

a(n)th n jaapai keethaa aakaar ||

The limits of the created universe cannot be perceived.Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Jap

sagaree srisatt dhikhaae acha(n)bhav || aadh jugaadh saroop suya(n)bhav ||19|| 395||

You have shown a miracle of the whole universe. You are the origin of the universe, are the beginning of the eons and are self-existent.(19)(395)Guru Gobind Singh

Dasam Granth

Also:

http://www.granthsah...n.php?page=1035

Please look after

Maaroo, First Mehl:maaroo mehlaa 1.

Khalsa Jee, sorry for my tardy response on this topic which I said I would provide a few weeks ago. Coincidentally, the topic of evolution also came up on GurmatBibek.com over at this thread: http://gurmatbibek.c...ead.php?3,13418 and here are the words of Bhai Kulbir Singh Jee from Khalsa Camp 2006 Questions & Answers:

Gurbani does not recognise any concept or importance of time.

ਜੋ ਕਿਛੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਸੁ ਏਕਾ ਵਾਰ ॥

Jo kich paayaa so ika vaar.

God has put everything into creation all at once. Bhai Sahib says he personally does not believe in Evolution. We believe in 8.4 million life forms. All at the same' date=' at once, God created all the 8.4million life forms, and the number of life forms are not increasing or decreasing at a given time. Some scholarly or scientific minded Gursikhs say that at the time of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Jee there was 8.4 million life forms but now we have discovered many more, but that cannot be the case. Out of 8.4 million life forms, 4.2 million are on Earth and 4.2 million are in Water. Those life forms never change in number,do not increase or decrease. What can happen is that some life forms become dormant, they still exist on Earth, but they are dormant, and at the Will of God they can come back at any time. For example it is said that Dinosaurs existed on this Earth many millions of years ago but they do not exist now.What is actually the case is that those life forms (e.g. dinosaurs) are still existing but they are in dormant form. When the time comes, at when and if God wills, they may come back.[/quote']

Here a link to download the audio: http://www.mediafire...kvabx2nepn1rblc first 5 or so minutes are relevant to this topic.

I'm not one to say someone is wrong, but Bhai Sahib Ji didn't account for this: "patala patal lakh agasa agas", "countless the worlds beneath, countless the worlds above" KMf pqwl AsMK mY gxq n hoeI ]

kha(n)dd pathaal asa(n)kh mai ganath n hoee ||

There are countless worlds and nether regions; I cannot calculate their number.Guru Amar Daas Ji Raag Malaar

nwnk jy ko AwpO jwxY AgY gieAw n sohY ]21]

naanak jae ko aapa jaanai agai gaeiaa n sohai ||21||

O Nanak, one who claims to know everything shall not be decorated in the world hereafter. ||21||

pwqwlw pwqwl lK Awgwsw Awgws ]

paathaalaa paathaal lakh aagaasaa aagaas ||

There are nether worlds beneath nether worlds, and hundreds of thousands of heavenly worlds above.

EVk EVk Bwil Qky vyd khin iek vwq ]

ourrak ourrak bhaal thhakae vaedh kehan eik vaath ||

The Vedas say that you can search and search for them all, until you grow weary.

shs ATwrh khin kqybw AsulU ieku Dwqu ]

sehas at(h)aareh kehan kathaebaa asuloo eik dhhaath ||

The scriptures say that there are 18,000 worlds, but in reality, there is only One Universe.

lyKw hoie q ilKIAY lyKY hoie ivxwsu ]

laekhaa hoe th likheeai laekhai hoe vinaas ||

If you try to write an account of this, you will surely finish yourself before you finish writing it.

nwnk vfw AwKIAY Awpy jwxY Awpu ]22]

naanak vaddaa aakheeai aapae jaanai aap ||22||

O Nanak, call Him Great! He Himself knows Himself. ||22||

There are other worlds that can have life, the power of Waheguru is infinite, no one can say anything definitely. Science can only begin to scratch the surface, but that doesn't make it wrong. This all comes back to evolution, one day Earth will cease to exist, somewhere else life may begin to form. The Universe is in the hukam of Waheguru and only Waheguru's hukam.

Evolution is part of Waheguru's hukam.

It is because of Waheguru the Universe is how it is and after time, beings that can meet Waheguru will automatically be formed.

--------------------

Sorry Jeo i don't belive in evolution. If im not correct but the idea of that in the begaining it was simple or the first cells were simple is false, the cells or highly complex. Im no expert but i also think that the idea of one species evolving into another can't happen or theres no evidence of it only theories.

Also, don't except evolution as fact so fast. Study the other side.

Heres a good articles i found My link My link

also can you tell me what you think of these videos if they are false or not

We should ask Giani Thakur Singh Ji or Baba Jagjit Singh Ji or other Gursikhs about evolution.

Evolution is true, whether you choose to acknowledge the evidence or not is your choice. It is all under Waheguru's hukam, the power and beauty of the organization of the world and then the quick degeneration to make way for new. The Universe made by Akaal Purakh Waheguru is beautiful.

Those are christian articles, they are using unscientific means of trying to support their Bible, i don't take it seriously at all.

A more interesting question is has Evolution of homo sapiens stopped?....In a million years time will Homo Sapiens evolve to a new species?.....if we colonise other planets will humans on each planet eventually evolve new characteristics that will devope into a new species?

You have to understand, there was once a time on the Earth where there were a number of different human species living on the Planet. For some reason the other species of Human became exstinct and only us, (homo sapiens) remained.

I just posted an article about a new strain of E Coli and some people on this forum don't believe in Evolution!

:rolleyes

How do new diseases come into existence?...through magic?

How come homo sapiens weren't around when T Rex was walking the Earth?...did we just suddenly come into existence after billions of years of life that already existed on the Earth...if large species in the past have suddenly come into existence should we expect suddenly other large species to come into existence in the future?

Skywalker Ji please see this whole video

Also i remember seeing a video that they found footprints of dinosaur and humans together in texas.

start watching at 1.56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpL2Rfvs4-k&feature=related

<font face="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"><font size="2">

har aapae pa(n)ch thath bisathhaaraa vich dhhaathoo pa(n)ch aap paavai ||

The Lord Himself directs the evolution of the world of the five elements; He Himself infuses the five senses into it

http://www.sikhitoth...p?ShabadID=2758

According to Sikhi, Waheguru created the entire Universe. Moments after the Big Bang, when Waheguru created the Universe, evolution began. Once the Earth was formed Evolution continued on Earth and slowly life began to become more and more advanced until we reached a state where we are able to meet Waheguru. With that said Earth is in the Universe and therefore it is a creation of Waheguru. We disagree with Christians that the Earth was created 6000 years ago, we can effectively deduce that the Earth is around 4.5 billion years ago. Sikhi shows that the Universe has been here for endless ages, probably in the billions. Either way the goal for a Sikh should be to meet Waheguru in this lifetime. With this said, science will never, and i mean never know the wonders of Waheguru. They will try to approach it in a non religious manner but will never meet or realize Waheguru because they are using their own cunning. Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji knew what science is now starting to prove through statistics and logical reasoning. This doesn't hinder my faith even an ounce, it only goes to support my little knowledge of Gurbani and inspire me to become a stronger Sikh.

a(n)th n jaapai keethaa aakaar ||

The limits of the created universe cannot be perceived.Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Jap

sagaree srisatt dhikhaae acha(n)bhav || aadh jugaadh saroop suya(n)bhav ||19|| 395||

You have shown a miracle of the whole universe. You are the origin of the universe, are the beginning of the eons and are self-existent.(19)(395)Guru Gobind Singh

Dasam Granth

Also:

http://www.granthsah...n.php?page=1035

Please look after

Maaroo, First Mehl:maaroo mehlaa 1.

I'm not one to say someone is wrong, but Bhai Sahib Ji didn't account for this: "patala patal lakh agasa agas", "countless the worlds beneath, countless the worlds above" KMf pqwl AsMK mY gxq n hoeI ]

kha(n)dd pathaal asa(n)kh mai ganath n hoee ||

There are countless worlds and nether regions; I cannot calculate their number.Guru Amar Daas Ji Raag Malaar

<font face="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif">

There are other worlds that can have life, the power of Waheguru is infinite, no one can say anything definitely. Science can only begin to scratch the surface, but that doesn't make it wrong. This all comes back to evolution, one day Earth will cease to exist, somewhere else life may begin to form. The Universe is in the hukam of Waheguru and only Waheguru's hukam.

Evolution is part of Waheguru's hukam.

It is because of Waheguru the Universe is how it is and after time, beings that can meet Waheguru will automatically be formed.

--------------------

Evolution is true, whether you choose to acknowledge the evidence or not is your choice. It is all under Waheguru's hukam, the power and beauty of the organization of the world and then the quick degeneration to make way for new. The Universe made by Akaal Purakh Waheguru is beautiful.

Those are christian articles, they are using unscientific means of trying to support their Bible, i don't take it seriously at all.

Jeo the idea of God creating the whole universe and then waiting millions of years so cells can evolve into aps then humans just doesn't sound right. I think God made humans, i don't think they evolved. Its just my opinion, im not really sure. Great video thanks.