Reasons As To Why Im Joining The Army And Would Like To See More Singhs Join

and canadian sikhs sould have no problem serving their country, heck you guys get better treatment then any other sikh in anyother part of the world you guys have such huge political influence the countrys' given you guys so much and most canadians have no discrimination against sikhs, and your country rejected the iraq war so for canadian sikhs each family should put one child in the army its sad to see in canada were their should be no excuse for sikhs to serve their country their are so few sikhs in the armed services

but i do respect the sikhs in british columbia who have allowed canadian armed forces to recruit and give information to young sikhs vaisakhi parade but sad that so few sign up

Singhs nowadays are too worried about their pagh falling off or their hair getting wet or getting kachera muddy. We would make the worst soldiers on the planet.

We definitely dont like to follow orders from anyone, unless its from a so called mahapurash, in which case we dont question them, even when they fill our heads with fairytales about goblins, werewolves and other mystical creatures. Can you imagine a Singh on the battlefield, living it rough? What would he do without being able to wash his hands every three seconds, in case he dies from jhoot poisioning lol.

Diet and exercise would be a problem. Since most Singhs dont do it in any meaningful quantity and get out of breath after a 2 minutes of jogging. Singhs are also have complex family needs which would be incompatible with military life.

But its funny how great at making excuses Singhs are nowadays and Singhs deflect their own inadequcies by saying dont join the army cos its racist, and its oppressive against muslim countries etc.. clearly al quaeda and the taliban are our long lost cousins that we love so much and are duty bound to protect.

Personally I would tell Singhs to stay away from the army. Purely because I dont think that any army would have much use for us and we would be more of a liablity than an asset.

UK rejected the idea of having a Sikh Regiment, yet the Gurkhas are allowed

i don't think saying "UK rejected the idea of having a Sikh Regiment" actually tells the full story. The UK had no choice in the end. It wanted a Sikh regiment. The head of the Army wanted a Sikh regiment. The royal family wanted a sikh regiment. The sikhs wanted a Sikh regiment. It never happened because of threat of legal action by the commission for racial equality. The commission for racial equality became involved after hindu and muslim groups...and the Indian government... made complaints about the idea.

YubaCitySingh, I think its great that you're thinking of joining the US Army. Too many western sikhs these days forget who they are and who got them where they are today, all too easily. For you to join the US Army is a fitting tribute to the pioneers of the Sikh communities in California and Canada who, to a man, came from China and the far east after service in the British army.

Singhs nowadays are too worried about their pagh falling off or their hair getting wet or getting kachera muddy. We would make the worst soldiers on the planet.

We definitely dont like to follow orders from anyone, unless its from a so called mahapurash, in which case we dont question them, even when they fill our heads with fairytales about goblins, werewolves and other mystical creatures. Can you imagine a Singh on the battlefield, living it rough? What would he do without being able to wash his hands every three seconds, in case he dies from jhoot poisioning lol.

Diet and exercise would be a problem. Since most Singhs dont do it in any meaningful quantity and get out of breath after a 2 minutes of jogging. Singhs are also have complex family needs which would be incompatible with military life.

But its funny how great at making excuses Singhs are nowadays and Singhs deflect their own inadequcies by saying dont join the army cos its racist, and its oppressive against muslim countries etc.. clearly al quaeda and the taliban are our long lost cousins that we love so much and are duty bound to protect.

Personally I would tell Singhs to stay away from the army. Purely because I dont think that any army would have much use for us and we would be more of a liablity than an asset.

How can you speak for all singh's? It's people like you who are bad for the kaum trying to put singh's down. What's with the nindya about mahapurukhs? I've never heard them tell fairytales. Personally I don't even think your a sikh. You don't need to join the army to have combat training, Did the saint soilders who were with Sant Jarnail Singh ji go to the army? They were true saint soldiers. You and Yubacitysingh (if it ain't the same person with different i.d's) should go and join the army and blag yourself into thinking your doing something good. No need to try and brainwash us just because you are Brainwashed.

warrior singh:

If you believe in your 'mahapurukhs' then that is your choice but jus be aware that not everyone does. The only reason that Jarnail Singhs men performed reasonably well in battle was because of the military tactics and strategy of General Subeg Singh who was, you may have guessed it, military trained and the best expert on Guerilla warefare on the Indian subcontinent and an instrumental Special forces officer, whos undercover activities led to the independence of Bangladesh in 1971.

As far as putting the Singhs down, I am giving my opinion on the reality of the situation as I see it. I personally dont want to join the army but at the same time I dont brainwash or blag myself into thinking that I am some kind of Kharku warrior with special powers, jus cos I wear a Bhindranwale t-shirt and listen to shaheedi immortality songs.

As it happens, the kharkus that you look up to got battered in the 80s and 90s due to their lack of military/strategic intellect and caused resultant wisdespread massacre among the general populace and innocent civilians due to their miscalculations and immaturity.

And I am not Yuba Singh. I admire him to want to join forces and I respect his reasons for doing so. But I dont think that most Singhs nowadays have got the balls, the mentality or the heart to be part of such an organisation. That is my honest view.

@ pedrorizzo - I'm not too sure about your mahapurash-bashing, but your other points about the fragile mentality of modern day Sikhs, and the lack of tactical awareness during the 80s/90s issues in Panjab are accurate. Its not nice to read but we can't continue to consume only the things which make us feel good about ourselves.

The next step is to analyse whether joining western armies is of actual benefit to Sikhs long-term objectives. When a Sikh soldier is deeply entrenched in the front-line in Afghanistan, if something goes down in Panjab, will he have to obtain an dishonourable discharge and hot-foot it over to India to help out?

As it happens, the kharkus that you look up to got battered in the 80s and 90s due to their lack of military/strategic intellect and caused resultant wisdespread massacre among the general populace and innocent civilians due to their miscalculations and immaturity.

I do not look up to them. I was giving you an example. First your disrespecting mahapurakhs and now your disrespecting shaheed singh's. What next ?

If you believe in your 'mahapurukhs' then that is your choice but jus be aware that not everyone does. The only reason that Jarnail Singhs men performed reasonably well in battle was because of the military tactics and strategy of General Subeg Singh who was, you may have guessed it, military trained and the best expert on Guerilla warefare on the Indian subcontinent and an instrumental Special forces officer, whos undercover activities led to the independence of Bangladesh in 1971.

Firstly its Sant Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa...LOL..reasonably well??...wasnt it the indian army who was bragging i will take akaal takhat in 3 hours...what a statement that turned out to be....Yes i agree the millitary tactics of Shaheed General Shubeg Singh were instrumental...but it was the spirit of the shaheedi tyaar singhs which prolonged the battle for so long....they fought so fanatically that kuldeep brar said if i had these singhs i could take Pakistan in one day!!!

As far as putting the Singhs down, I am giving my opinion on the reality of the situation as I see it. I personally dont want to join the army but at the same time I dont brainwash or blag myself into thinking that I am some kind of Kharku warrior with special powers, jus cos I wear a Bhindranwale t-shirt and listen to shaheedi immortality songs.

LOL i agree with you on that one...but there alot of gupt kharkoo youth out there who are still making trips to Pakistan..if you know what i mean...the Kharkoos havent gone anywhere....The future shaheeds are being nurtured right now as we speak...

LOL battered...brother i think you been reading too much indian propaganda ...from 1986-1990 khalistan was reality in all but name...the kharkoos had influence over everything...schools, journalists, hospitals, even some police officails were under the control of the kharkoos...until the introduction of the black cats...which threw the movement into chaos...its because of the black cats that the support of the movement died out as kharkoos didnt have the capability to counter them via media..soo the people started to turn on the kharoos....the recruits for the movement also started to dry up...one by one the leaders of the movement were betrayed and killed in encounters...you think the kharkoos got battered?...lol well i think they did pretty well afterall they fought against a massive army force/border security force/central reserve police force who had tanks, helicopters, various armourerd vehicles, high tec smalls arms, and a limitless supply of men...they fought against all of this with just a small arsenal of crummy AK47s...and even they were hard to come by...they also had no media support ......Its funny you dont mention the actions of the governemtnt who killed more people then the kharkoos could ever imagine to..

And I am not Yuba Singh. I admire him to want to join forces and I respect his reasons for doing so. But I dont think that most Singhs nowadays have got the balls, the mentality or the heart to be part of such an organisation. That is my honest view.

LOL dont speak for all singhs....why are you generalising?...how many legitimate kharkoos have you met?...how many GUPT naujawaan kharkoos have you met in the west?...until you do you cannot speak for them

Brother i want to meet you personelly, lets discuss your accusations in person, If your interested then PM me..

Khalistani Gunman,

Thankyou for offering your alternative perspective. Although it is not stuff that I havent heard before. Personally, I believe the whole 1982-1993 period to have been a disaster for the Sikhs. You blame the black cats, lack of media support, betrayals, lack of weapons/training and infrastructure on the reason why we lost. However, in my opinion the reasons you have mentioned are crucial for the success or failure of a guerilla campaign. So it is simply not good enough to blame those aspects because they are just as important, if not more important than fighting spirit.

All the kharkoo leaders failed the kaum including Jarnail Singh. The casualty figures, destruction, economic destruction, destruction to Sikhi, that occurred during that period was nothing but a pure disaster. Sure, brave men spilt their blood and died. However, what was achieved? The blame of the failure of this campaign must fall squarely at the leaders of the kharkoo movement and they should take responsiblity for it.

So yes I stand by the claim that the kharkoos got battered. Unfortunately, it wasnt just them. The entire Sikh kaum got battered and had to pay too much of a heavy price.

I do agree with your statement that the singhs with Jarnail Singh had great fighting spirit, so did many of the Kharkoos. Regarding your point about addressing Jarnail Singh as 'sant' or 'mahapursh', there are differing opinions on this. His non taksali peers/counter parts including Babbars and AKJ did not really regard him to be a sant. In this day and age, Sikhs jump to call someone a sant or a mahapursh, and 30 years after 84 Jarnail Singh's list of titles appears to be ever increasing day by day. Personally I think that Jarnail Singh was a good Sikh that stood and spoke up against the injustices against the Sikh kaum however made some very costly mistakes that the whole kaum had to pay for in blood.

I certainly dont regard him to be a mahapursh, brahmgiani and will not call him Sant. However, if you wish to do so then that is your choice.

Thanks for your offer of meeting personally but I think I will turn it down lol

their arn't any kharkoos in the west otherwise they would of bin in the punjab fighting between 84 to 92

as for if you are in the military and on the front line of afghanistan no we can't have a discharge, but after their back from the front line they have the military combat training and experience they can take to the punjab after they finish their mission in afghanistan

and someone with military background i believe would be 10 times mroe likely to go to the punjab and fight then someone without it, what makes me sad is out of thousands of sikhs in the west that would crowd streets demanding khalistan only 11 of those thousands were saint soldiers and went and fought while the rest stayed in the west

today would be no different its like people who say they will get in shape and make a new years resolution on jan 1st the gyms are packed after a couple weeks their empty again, cause its easy to say someone will get into shape but when it gets challenging they back down, same thing would happen if punjab were attacked we have thousands who say they will fight but only a few will

but to fix this problem if we had each sikh family put one child in the army then if punjab were attacked we would have thousands of singhs from the west who learned from the best military's in the world going to punjab to fight

out of the thousands and thousands of khalistanis in the 80's and 90's in the west their were only 11 men brave enough to go into india, though a few more went to pakistan but got scared and came back

Bhai Harjinder Singh Para Toronto Canada

Bhai Mohinder Singh Khalsa Toronto Canada

Bhai Surinder Singh Ravi Toronto Canada

Bhai Davinder Singh Montreal Canada

Bhai Surinderpal Singh Shinder Toronto Canada

Bhai Balbir Singh Khera aka Sakheera Calgary Canada

Bhai Bhupinder Singh Kooner BC Canada

Bhai Harjit Singh Dhillon (Dilvan) aka Bhai Jagdeep Singh Amreeka USA

Bhai Gurcharan Singh Kandola UK

Bhai Hardev Singh Bhappu UK

Bhai Joginder Singh Malhi Germany