Reasons As To Why Im Joining The Army And Would Like To See More Singhs Join

Thankyou for offering your alternative perspective. Although it is not stuff that I havent heard before. Personally, I believe the whole 1982-1993 period to have been a disaster for the Sikhs. You blame the black cats, lack of media support, betrayals, lack of weapons/training and infrastructure on the reason why we lost. However, in my opinion the reasons you have mentioned are crucial for the success or failure of a guerilla campaign. So it is simply not good enough to blame those aspects because they are just as important, if not more important than fighting spirit.

I agree with you there...i think failure of our cause was not due to fighting spirit..we have limitless zeal to defend the kaum..but dont know how to go about....we are small community and very region centric....which became a disadvantage in our struggle....

All the kharkoo leaders failed the kaum including Jarnail Singh. The casualty figures, destruction, economic destruction, destruction to Sikhi, that occurred during that period was nothing but a pure disaster. Sure, brave men spilt their blood and died. However, what was achieved? The blame of the failure of this campaign must fall squarely at the leaders of the kharkoo movement and they should take responsiblity for it.

How did they fail the kaum?? Who permitted all that destruction?? If the Government had dealt with all the sikh grievances since 1947..would that situation of happened?..as a matter of fact there has been nothing but discrimination against sikhs and punjab since independance...Sant jis and the Kharkoos opposition against the government were very legitimate

So yes I stand by the claim that the kharkoos got battered. Unfortunately, it wasnt just them. The entire Sikh kaum got battered and had to pay too much of a heavy price.

Like i said before...how many kharkoo do you know??..talk to them and ask them about the struggle..then you would know they didnt get battered....If we had retained substancial support amongst the populace we would still be fighting millitarily....battered implies that the kharkoos were beaten into submission and surrendered...nothing of the sought ever happened..they attained shahadat ...they ddint give up their cause until their death....when the kharkoos were at there peak...i would even go as far as saying the security forces were getting battered....i remember speaking to a Khalistan Liberation Force jujharoo whose presently settled down and living in UK and he told me they killed countless security forces...

I

do agree with your statement that the singhs with Jarnail Singh had great fighting spirit, so did many of the Kharkoos. Regarding your point about addressing Jarnail Singh as 'sant' or 'mahapursh', there are differing opinions on this. His non taksali peers/counter parts including Babbars and AKJ did not really regard him to be a sant. In this day and age, Sikhs jump to call someone a sant or a mahapursh, and 30 years after 84 Jarnail Singh's list of titles appears to be ever increasing day by day. Personally I think that Jarnail Singh was a good Sikh that stood and spoke up against the injustices against the Sikh kaum however made some very costly mistakes that the whole kaum had to pay for in blood.

I certainly dont regard him to be a mahapursh, brahmgiani and will not call him Sant. However, if you wish to do so then that is your choice.

I think your gonna get backlash for those comments about the babbars and AKJ not regarding santji as a Sant...like i said stop reading indian propaganda....ask any AKJ on here if they call Sanji a Sant or not....ask the Babbars aswell who are in the West...and they will say the same thing...Sant ji was Sant...AKJ give him nothing but utter respect...have you come on here to troll?

Thanks for your offer of meeting personally but I think I will turn it down lol

Thought so...everyone turns down a meeting in person...a big shame

During Partition, Sikhs were caught off guard by trusting useless leaders. If it wasnt for all the Sikhs who had been involved in World War 2 we would have probably got massacred whilst muslim communities in East Punjab would have remained intact. So people can say what they want to YubaCitySingh, but at least he's got a plan.

To YCS: if you join the army make sure it fits into the greater plan of how you want your career. Plenty of Sikhs have thought like you before, but lets face it, there will be no major war in Punjab for some time as people dont have the stomach for it (well the ones who will be affected dont). In the USA the army pays for your degrees, something they dont do in the UK. Take the opportunity with both hands if its what you want and you are willing to make it work and you know that you will be set afterwards. Good luck.

Firstly its Sant Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa...LOL..reasonably well??...wasnt it the indian army who was bragging i will take akaal takhat in 3 hours...what a statement that turned out to be....Yes i agree the millitary tactics of Shaheed General Shubeg Singh were instrumental...but it was the spirit of the shaheedi tyaar singhs which prolonged the battle for so long....they fought so fanatically that kuldeep brar said if i had these singhs i could take Pakistan in one day!!!

LOL i agree with you on that one...but there alot of gupt kharkoo youth out there who are still making trips to Pakistan..if you know what i mean...the Kharkoos havent gone anywhere....The future shaheeds are being nurtured right now as we speak...

LOL battered...brother i think you been reading too much indian propaganda ...from 1986-1990 khalistan was reality in all but name...the kharkoos had influence over everything...schools, journalists, hospitals, even some police officails were under the control of the kharkoos...until the introduction of the black cats...which threw the movement into chaos...its because of the black cats that the support of the movement died out as kharkoos didnt have the capability to counter them via media..soo the people started to turn on the kharoos....the recruits for the movement also started to dry up...one by one the leaders of the movement were betrayed and killed in encounters...you think the kharkoos got battered?...lol well i think they did pretty well afterall they fought against a massive army force/border security force/central reserve police force who had tanks, helicopters, various armourerd vehicles, high tec smalls arms, and a limitless supply of men...they fought against all of this with just a small arsenal of crummy AK47s...and even they were hard to come by...they also had no media support ......Its funny you dont mention the actions of the governemtnt who killed more people then the kharkoos could ever imagine to..

LOL dont speak for all singhs....why are you generalising?...how many legitimate kharkoos have you met?...how many GUPT naujawaan kharkoos have you met in the west?...until you do you cannot speak for them

Brother i want to meet you personelly, lets discuss your accusations in person, If your interested then PM me..

tried finding a quote of ks brar that if he had the singhs that he would take pakistan in 1 day but couldn't find it anywere on google, hoping you could provide me a source

from 84 to 92 unfortanatly punjab was getting battered, after operation black thunder the punjab police just destroyed the movement

we never had control of the punjab instead the sikhs were being terrorised in the punjab, if we had control of the punjab im pretty sure over 200 000 youth would never bin killed

from all my research all i find is the horrer the punjab was put through thanks to punjab govt and india govt and punjab police and indian security forces from 84 to 90 and in 92 eventually 90% of the saint soldiers had bin killed, reason we took such a horrible beating is cause we never had enough saint soldiers period

AND YOU MIGHT THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA SIKHS GO TO PAKISTAN TO GET THEIR MILITARY TRAINING BUT IM GOING TO POINT OUT WHY ITS STUPID

1. PAKISTAN DOESN'T CARE ABOUT SIKHS THEY WANT TO SEE THE SIKHS AND INDIA DESTROY EACHOTHER, 84 THEY WANTED PAYBACK FOR BANGLEDESH

2. PAKISTAN ISI WHO SUPPORTS THE TALIBON THE SAME TALIBON THAT BEHEADS SIKHS THAT TORTURED THE SIKHS IN AFGHANISTAN FAR WORSTE THEN WHAT THE PUNJAB POLICE DID IN THE 80;S

3. PAKISTAN GOVT ALLOWS TERRORISTS TO TERRORISE SIKHS AND CONVERT AND RAPE SIKH WOMEN

4. THIS SAME PAKISTAN WOULD RAPE YOUR FAMILY IF THEY HAD THE CHANCE

IT DOES MAKE ME SAD IS THE SIKHS COULDN'T GET CHIINA TO TRAIN THE SAINT SOLDIERS INSTEAD THE SAINT SOLDIERS WHO FOUGHT FOR SIKHS 84 TO 92 GOT THEIR MILITARY TRAINING FROM PAKISTAN AND ARMS FROM PAKISTAN ISI

IF YOU WANT SIKHS TO GET TRAINED IN MILITARY COMBAT THE BEST PLACE TO GET TRAINED IS WESTERN ARMIES NOT PAKISTAN ITS IN WEST

khalistanigunman no offence but thats a dumb pathetic excuse that were to small of a community

1699 when the khalsa was born how brutally bad were the sikhs outnumbered

you know whats wrong with sikhs today we don't have heart like sikhs did from 1699 to 1839 1839 is when the khalsa empire started falling apary and after 1849 we had many brave sikhs but unfortanatly they were slaves

and sikhs can learn from jews please listen and watch the 5 min 30 second mark to 6 minute mark

my goal in the army is to become the first sikh green beret and through my study's in nero science and psychology learn why sikhs today are slaves in punjab and learn why sikhs have forgotton their military way's and to change the mindset of thousands of sikhs, imagine if we had 2000 sikhs trained in special operations, trained to be the most elite soldiers in western army's, if another uprising took place in punjab the corrupt politicans would run and hide and scream and cry and the sikhs would bring justice to punjab

During Partition, Sikhs were caught off guard by trusting useless leaders. If it wasnt for all the Sikhs who had been involved in World War 2 we would have probably got massacred whilst muslim communities in East Punjab would have remained intact. So people can say what they want to YubaCitySingh, but at least he's got a plan.

To YBS: if you join the army make sure it fits into the greater plan of how you want your career. Plenty of Sikhs have thought like you before, but lets face it, there will be no major war in Punjab for some time as people dont have the stomach for it (well the ones who will be affected dont). In the USA the army pays for your degrees, something they dont do in the UK. Take the opportunity with both hands if its what you want and you are willing to make it work and you know that you will be set afterwards. Good luck.

i know what my mission is, to be a saint soldiers and inspire other sikhs to join the military to get the military training the sikh community needs and become saint soldiers

even if the uprising in punjab isn't violent i want to learn what it is that makes sikhs in punjab be slaves to corrupt politicans, and if sikhs learn to have the military mindset our ancestors did again then we will overthrow the likes of badal and put in a government that benifits humanity and bring the government in delhi to its knees

1. PAKISTAN DOESN'T CARE ABOUT SIKHS THEY WANT TO SEE THE SIKHS AND INDIA DESTROY EACHOTHER, 84 THEY WANTED PAYBACK FOR BANGLEDESH

Don't make allegations for which there is no proof.

THIS SAME PAKISTAN WOULD RAPE YOUR FAMILY IF THEY HAD THE CHANCE

Don't make wild claims.

IT DOES MAKE ME SAD IS THE SIKHS COULDN'T GET CHIINA TO TRAIN THE SAINT SOLDIERS INSTEAD THE SAINT SOLDIERS WHO FOUGHT FOR SIKHS 84 TO 92 GOT THEIR MILITARY TRAINING FROM PAKISTAN AND ARMS FROM PAKISTAN ISI

IF YOU WANT SIKHS TO GET TRAINED IN MILITARY COMBAT THE BEST PLACE TO GET TRAINED IS WESTERN ARMIES NOT PAKISTAN ITS IN WEST

A main reason for training in a place like Pakistan is no one was going to stop the trainess. My uncle went for training in Pakistan, he learned from other Singhs not any Pakistani military personnel. Not all the training given was from the Pakistani military. Which country in their right mind was going to willingly and openly train people who were going to join a "terrorist" movement in India? Not Canada, that's for sure.

I applaud your goal of wanting to become an elite soldier in the United States military, more power to you. Just use some rational and logical thinking when talking about certain points and topics. :)

It has to be said, any SIkh travelling from the West to Pakistan would perk the interests of intelligence agencies, it's not as if they havent been keeping tabs since the War on Terror started. Some British papers have even quoted sources of american intelligence agencies who know where Sikhs have been going in Pakistan to get training. And to say it openly on a site which is visited by numerous anti-Sikh types. Compromised or what.

Add to what YCS said, the number of SIkh girls in Pakistan trapped there by there boyfriends who took them there. Some even end up working as prostitutes in Lahore for foreign diplomats and businessmen from places like China, Saudi Arabia etc. Any Sikh who puts their trust in Pakistan is enough for me to know that the Khalistan Movement has a long way to go to before it achieves anything.

warrior singh:

If you believe in your 'mahapurukhs' then that is your choice but jus be aware that not everyone does. The only reason that Jarnail Singhs men performed reasonably well in battle was because of the military tactics and strategy of General Subeg Singh who was, you may have guessed it, military trained and the best expert on Guerilla warefare on the Indian subcontinent and an instrumental Special forces officer, whos undercover activities led to the independence of Bangladesh in 1971.

As far as putting the Singhs down, I am giving my opinion on the reality of the situation as I see it. I personally dont want to join the army but at the same time I dont brainwash or blag myself into thinking that I am some kind of Kharku warrior with special powers, jus cos I wear a Bhindranwale t-shirt and listen to shaheedi immortality songs.

As it happens, the kharkus that you look up to got battered in the 80s and 90s due to their lack of military/strategic intellect and caused resultant wisdespread massacre among the general populace and innocent civilians due to their miscalculations and immaturity.

And I am not Yuba Singh. I admire him to want to join forces and I respect his reasons for doing so. But I dont think that most Singhs nowadays have got the balls, the mentality or the heart to be part of such an organisation. That is my honest view.

Uhh, heres some katha about the kamai of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji. Oh an the AKJ, Babbars, Nihangs, and many prominent deras such as Harkowal, Nanaksar, Jawadi Taksal all consider Sant Jarnail Singh Ji a pooran Brahamgiani.

A main reason for training in a place like Pakistan is no one was going to stop the trainess. My uncle went for training in Pakistan, he learned from other Singhs not any Pakistani military personnel. Not all the training given was from the Pakistani military. Which country in their right mind was going to willingly and openly train people who were going to join a "terrorist" movement in India? Not Canada, that's for sure.

Couldnt of said it better myself....live in the real world yubacitysingh...which country was realy going to provide the sikhs with millitary training and equipment other than Pakistan?...They used us..yes..but we also used them...And id rather train in Pakistan under the Khalsa Fauj...than train with USA and be ordered to go to foreign coutries and fight for a cause which doesnt serve the Khalsa Fauj in anyway....also USA millitary teaches it soldiers tactics and skills for conventional warfare....In Pakistan we had the oppurtutnity to train and produce skils used in guerilla warfare....something the western armies could not teach us.....the only downfall oft his is Punjab has no jungles and Mountains...so guerilla warefare becomes alot more difficult.....And another thing Pakistan aided us alot more than USA ever did at our time of need...

No point discussing these things if you're not going to post with an open mind, this goes for both sides.

The facts:

-Baba Jarnail Singh Khalsa told people not to call him a sant

-Baba Jarnail SIngh knew a lot about Gurbani as he went to the Dadmdami Taksaal, the school that studies Sikhi and lifestyle revolving around Guru Ji.

-Baba Jarnail SIngh Khalsa brought a revolution that shook India all the way to the central government's top.

-Baba Jarnail Singh inspired people of all walks of life and all levels of Sikhi to formulate a single cause (and still continues to inspire youth to look within themselves and follow Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and read about our rich history). Of course people make mistakes, no one is perfect. A really nice person I know said that no one can be like a certain person so you shouldn't compare anyone to a certain person's standard.

-Baba Jarnail Singh Khalsa was educated in the worldly and spiritual sense.

If you doubt the Singhs of back in the day they were honest family people, many farmers who went out to fight after the tipping point. They attack sachkhand Sri Harmandir Sahib even after they made a resolution, they could have arrested Sant Jarnail Singh whenever they wanted but they deliberately attacked on Sri Guru Arjan dev Ji's shaheedi divas and attacked almost a 100 Gurudwaras all around Punjab and killed innocent people and burned saroops.

-WHAT HAPPENED HAPPENED, DON'T TALK TRASH ON SHAHEEDS, ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE A SIKH.

For everyone who talks ill of shaheeds you need to watch this video :

http://vimeo.com/22136929

If you care, you will watch the video.