URGENT!! SIKH PRISONERS IN KUWAIT

Guest mehtab

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I have seen some Sikhs from the Middle East post on Sikhnet discussion forum. Unfortunately I don't know any online Sikhs from there even though grew up in United Arab Emirates for 18 years. So I have posted a message on Sikhnet.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Is anyone here from Kuwait or any other Gulf country? I heard a news from another forum, and am gonna paste it here.

< Mann veerjee's message >

Therefore anyone who is from the Gulf please respond. And please try to find out if this is true or not, and then do something about it.

Thanks

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Lets wait and see how many respond.

Here's the email i got from singh who is from that region and he requested me to spread the word out:

pix1.jpg

Waiting in Gurdwara Sahib

pix2.jpg

Bags packed.. Ready to leave anytime back to India

pix3.jpg

Youth cannot move feet due to swelling for walking all the way.

pix4.jpg

youth whose feet fingers need to be chopped due to frost bite

pix5.jpg

Youth showing his arm where he was hit with two bullets

ok finally found something today..

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20040809/punjab1.htm

Nawanshahr, August 8

While Paramjit Singh Karda (41), a resident of Mazari village, near Banga, returned home from Kuwait yesterday, the whereabouts of his cousin, Gurmit Singh, alias Babbi, who had also gone to the country with him to work as a driver, about four months ago, are yet to be known. His wife, Davinder Kaur, with tears rolling down her cheeks, told this correspondent that she had received just one letter from her husband, which he sent after reaching Kuwait. Since then, she has had no communication from her husband.

Her four children – Savita (12), Gurpreet (11), Geeta (5), and Harpreet (6 months), — have also been waiting for their father. Dharam Ram, father of Gurmit, said the anxiety of the family had increased as his nephew, Paramjit told them that he last saw Gurmit in Kuwait while they came across driving their vehicles. He said his son and nephew were working as drivers with KGL company, which had allegedly sent his son forcibly to Iraq. He urged the Centre to take steps to get the whereabouts of his son known and to ensure his safe return to India.

Paramjit Singh returned home, after spending more than one month in Al Sabah Hospital in Kuwait, where he was admitted on June 19 with temperature. According to the report of Dr.Ahmad Moustafa and Dr V.T. Thomas of the Al Sabah Hospital, he was given treatment for intra-cerebral haemorrhage, cerebral infarction and hypertension.

Paramjit said though they were assured of job visa, they were taken to

Kuwait on tourist visa. They were not provided with proper amenities in Kuwait. He said the condition of Indians in Kuwait was deplorable and they were being forced to work in Iraq.

They were “forced” to sign on some blank papers before being sent to work in Iraq, alleged Paramjit Singh adding that while he did not sign the papers, Gurmit did. Later, he fell ill and Gurmit was probably sent to Iraq, he added.

Guest mehtab
Just had a look at the pictures and I was unable to find any singhs, I don't understand.

Most Sikhs keep their appearance in the middle east, however some don't, and probably the pictures are of those few ones.

Guest mehtab
  http://www.sikhnet.com/Sikhnet/discussion....75?OpenDocument

by Gurmeetsodhi

Dear Mehtab Singh

I am from UAE. The story you have written is NOT true. No one is being kidnapped in Iraq on religion ground. Presently there are 3 punjabis in militants custody in Iraq. They were kidnapped by Iraqy militants 3 weeks ago. Inidan Govt is trying their level best to free them by negotiating with abductor. These guys are employees of a Kuwaitee trucking company. Daily in the night one officer from Inidan Foreign Ministry calls the parents/kins of kthe drivers and upraise them about efforts being done by govt. This is shown on Local channels here almost daily.

A driver who returned from Iraq, gave an interview to a local punjabi paper. He told his story how he was kidnapped by Iraqi militants but later on, learning that he is punjabi from Inida they freed him, but they always kill Pakistanis. Inidains have good respect in Iraq and normally militants dont hurt Indians. NO doubt Kuwaity companies, force them to enter in Iraq for buisness, but now it has come to a halt becouse, The kidnappers of above three inidan drivers has asked all Kuwaity companies to pull out from Iraq and stop bussiness.

Hope this clarifies

Where as the h

elp to the kins of above mentioned drivers are concerned, SGPC has done nothing, but a good sikh from Canada donated 6 lakh rupees (@ lakh to each family) The Amount was given to the kins by Jallandhar DC in media coverage. Out out these three drivers one is a Sikh from Punjab Doaba, and other two are from Una in Himachel pardesh.

Thank God :WW: pray.gif

Just had a look at the pictures and I was unable to find any singhs, I don't understand.

veerjee.. they still our brothers no matter what.. and to sikh whether the other person is in sikhi roop or not.. a good sikh should help them as much as he can..

Inidains have good respect in Iraq and normally militants dont hurt Indians.

that's a proven fact !