< Burning Issues >

Vahiguru ji ka khalsa, Vahiguru ji ki fateh!

Sadh Sangat Jio,

The 'Where were the nihungs in 1984?' thread (http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=ST&f=14&t=1018) has just been closed.

In one sense this is positive because the debate had indeed developed away from the initial issue which was regarding the presence/absence of 'nihungs' during the dark days of 1984. Sadly, not much worthwhile and insightful discussion was generated although it did give a glimpse into a very controversial issue...and the lack of adequate responses.

However, i think it is quite sad that a major opportunity was missed on this forum - that is a chance for the 'uk nihungs' (as they are often referred to) to explain, in a loving and respectful environment, some of their views to their fellow Veer and Bhain jis. This is especially since they have attracted much attention, in many cases for the wrong reasons, on Sikhi internet forums worldwide. To their credit they insist that they are open to questioning, discussion, clarification etc.

The key issues which were gradually raised, although off-topic, can be referred to in the following specific manner:

> 'Nihungs' + Bhang

> 'Nihungs' + Chatka

> 'Nihungs' + 'Three Scriptures’ as Siree Guru Sahib Ji

i humbly propose that Admin/Mods decide where these THREE NEW AND SEPERATE THREADS could be started and located so as to get the most relevant and focused discussions generated.

These themes should also have stickies in the sense that, for instance, the 'Nihungs' + Chatka thread should not be based around the question: 'Sikhs should/s

houldn't eat meat' but rather be a factual and intelligent discussion around 'the concept of Chatka and wider Sikh thought'. Likewise, The 'Nihungs' and 'Three Scriptures' as Siree Guru Sahib ji thread would not deal with 'authenticity of Dasam Granth' but rather 'when, how and who it was installed by, for what purposes and whether this was appropriate'. This would ensure that we do not undermine Siree Akaal Takht Sahib but as Sikhs ensure that Sikhiya is promoted...especially when drastically conflicting Parchaar is being thrust in front of 'inexperienced young Sikhs'.

Although this is not a moderated forum (for better or for worse) i urge the Admin/Mods to keep an eye on these discussions and to keep the threads on-track.

i do not mind doing 'brief digests' as the first posts within these three threads by collating the relevant posts from the 'Where were the Nihungs in 1984?' thread and clarifying the sub-issues which were raised; many of which remained unanswered. This should act as a kickstart and let the three new threads develop from the point at which they reached previously within the recently closed thread.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

veer iot's a good idea for the most part.. but it won't fly for the following reason...

from my experiences on Sikhawareness (Whichi s where many of the uk nihangs post), these are their feelings about sikhsangat:

1. every member is AKJ (little do they know :wub:)

2. Every member is fanatically khalistani

3. Every member is a fanatic

4. Many of them, if not all, hate or are taught to hate the ideology that AKJ preaches... and thus, their thinking this is an "AKJ" site doesn't encourage them to even want to cmoe here..

5. even if this site is not only akj, they feel that their ideology is always knocked simply beacuse it does not match the consensus on this site. (this i somewhat agree with on their part however... they may have a point regarding this)

i'm not against giving it a shot, but don't be shocked if all the threads become exactly what you didn't want them to be... very soon, each thread will either become a big arguement, or... just a bunch of nothingness... but if admin's on board, then i guses, give it a shot...

Dear Veer/Bhain 'japmans' ji,

Some very constructive thoughts there.

So, will Admin/Mods be able to 'moderate' these new threads or does the current infrastructure not allow them to moderate (i.e. proactively monitor) posts?