What Method Would You Want Your Body To Be Deposed By?

What method would you want your body to be deposed by.

Land Burial

Sea Burial

Cremation

Liquefaction

Freezed-Dried (Powdered)

I say this as BBC news as an article about body deposal methods and the benefits over traditional methods such as burial or cremation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14114555

I'd go for the method that does the least amount of environmental damage....so it's not burial or cremation for me.

• 3 weeks later...

We need to stop being tree huggers for minute and just follow our traditions which is cremation. one body being burnt isn't going to cause an environmental catastrophe. There are other things going on the in the world which are a 1000 times more damaging for the environment. For starters, stop using your cars. Go to work on a bike or bus. Stop eating meat(factory farmed animals are not good for the environment). Women, stop wearing makeup since most of these products are animal tested.

We need to stop being tree huggers for minute and just follow our traditions which is cremation. one body being burnt isn't going to cause an environmental catastrophe. There are other things going on the in the world which are a 1000 times more damaging for the environment. For starters, stop using your cars. Go to work on a bike or bus. Stop eating meat(factory farmed animals are not good for the environment). Women, stop wearing makeup since most of these products are animal tested.

Don't intentionally misguide sangat.

Sikhs don't have any tradition of disposing of the body. A Sikh can instruct people what they want to do with their body: example organs can be donated or whatever is deemed proper.

(found this shabad on SikhSangat search)

iek dJih iek dbIAih ieknw kuqy Kwih ]

Some are cremated, and some are buried; some are eaten by dogs.

ieik pwxI ivic austIAih ieik BI iPir hsix pwih ]

Some are thrown into water, while others are thrown into wells.

nwnk eyv n jwpeI ikQY jwie smwih ]2]

O Nanak, it is not known, where they go and into what they merge. ||2||

Eie ly jwry Eie ly gwfy qyrI giq duhU n pweI ]1]

The Hindus cremate their dead, while the Muslims bury theirs; neither finds Your true state, Lord. ||1||

Don't intentionally misguide sangat.

Sikhs don't have any tradition of disposing of the body. A Sikh can instruct people what they want to do with their body: example organs can be donated or whatever is deemed proper.

(found this shabad on SikhSangat search)

iek dJih iek dbIAih ieknw kuqy Kwih ]

Some are cremated, and some are buried; some are eaten by dogs.

ieik pwxI ivic austIAih ieik BI iPir hsix pwih ]

Some are thrown into water, while others are thrown into wells.

nwnk eyv n jwpeI ikQY jwie smwih ]2]

O Nanak, it is not known, where they go and into what they merge. ||2||

The Hindus cremate their dead, while the Muslims bury theirs; neither finds Your true state, Lord. ||1||

How were the Guru's bodies disposed? cremation. How did the Sikh Shaheeds have their body disposed? cremation. How did many Sikh saints for the last 500 years dispose of their body? cremation. hmmm sounds like a tradition to me.

and tradition is defined as:

tra·di·tionNoun/trəˈdiSHən/

1. The transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.

2. A long-established custom or belief that has been passed on in this way.

So yes, cremation is a Sikh tradition.

How were the Guru's bodies disposed? cremation. How did the Sikh Shaheeds have their body disposed? cremation. How did many Sikh saints for the last 500 years dispose of their body? cremation. hmmm sounds like a tradition to me.

and tradition is defined as:

tra·di·tionNoun/trəˈdiSHən/

1. The transmission of customs or beliefs from generation to generation, or the fact of being passed on in this way.

2. A long-established custom or belief that has been passed on in this way.

So yes, cremation is a Sikh tradition.

Again, like I said, do not intentionally misguide sangat with your sanatan mat.

If you can't provide any proof then your argument doesn't hold up. The biggest history and traditions lies within Gurbani. It doesn't matter how we deal with the deceased.

Again, like I said, do not intentionally misguide sangat with your sanatan mat.

If you can't provide any proof then your argument doesn't hold up. The biggest history and traditions lies within Gurbani. It doesn't matter how we deal with the deceased.

My "Sanatan Mat"?? wow okay

Do you even know what tradition is? it is a custom that has been practiced from generation to generation. I don't know of any Sikh for the last 500 years who has frozen themselves or buried themselves. But I know plenty including Gurus, Sikh Shaheeds, Saints who have had their bodies cremated. But hey, if you want to mix your Christian or new age beliefs with Sikhism then by all means go ahead but please do not try to misguide innocent Sikhs here with your modern views.

My "Sanatan Mat"?? wow okay

Do you even know what tradition is? it is a custom that has been practiced from generation to generation. I don't know of any Sikh for the last 500 years who has frozen themselves or buried themselves. But I know plenty including Gurus, Sikh Shaheeds, Saints who have had their bodies cremated. But hey, if you want to mix your Christian or new age beliefs with Sikhism then by all means go ahead but please do not try to misguide innocent Sikhs here with your modern views.

Sikhi doesn't give any importance to the body because it's a mere vessel or mound of clay. Once a person dies, the soul leaves this Earth and it doesn't matter what happens to the body.

Please provide me where it says Sikhs should cremate the body? If that was the case Guru Nanak Dev Ji would have instructed the hindu and muslim followers which way to dispose of the body. Guru Nanak Dev Ji didn't for a reason...