Is This The End Of Zee Punjabi? New Confirmed Update

SikhWorldTv

11 members have voted

1. 1. which channel gets your vote for Sikhi Seva

(From BizAsia)

ZEE Punjabi will cease broadcasting Shabad Gurbani from Amritsar's Golden Temple in mid-September after its contract with the Gurdwara ended.The six-hour daily show live from the Harmandir Sahib, Amritsar has been a staple in ZEE Punjabi's schedule since its inception. The Gurbani is being replaced with a direct feed with from New Delhi's Bangla Sahib Gurdwara from Thursday 15th September.

The final day of coverage from the Golden Temple on ZEE Punjabi will be on Tuesday 14th September. The show will then shift to PTC Punjabi who now own the rights. PTC Punjabi has been planning its launch in the UK for several months and the channel is likely to arrive in the UK towards the end of this year.

"I can't vote for PTC as we don;t have it yet, but PTC news is quite good on Music India Channel."

Guru_Da_Chella ji I have to disagree with above statement. PTC news is pro Badal and actually anti-panthic due to little or no coverage of Ludhiana Khand and other beadbi. Also the news is totally biased towards Akali Dal Badal. I think the channel is owned by Badal.

No wonder PTC is getting rights for sri Darbar Sahib keertan as Badal seems to control Akal Takht and SGPC. Shame on SGPC selling the rights for Keertan.

SGPC should set up free channel that broadcasts sri Darbar Sahib Keertan in many countries as possible.

Imagine households across the world having free access to live kirtan from Darbar Sahib! How can SGPC charge for this!

Satguru Mehar Karan

Maybe Sangat across the world can send letters to SGPC asking them not to sell kirtan and set up free channel. We as a panth should do something about this. I hope a discussion can take place on one of the sikh channels abouth this problem. We shouldn't let this go unnoticed.

Jathebandis and Gurdwara sahibs should get involved with this. Its about time SGPC set up Sikh channels, maybe one for parchar and one for live kirtan. The least we can do is send letters to SGPC but we have to get Sikh leaders involved, maybe then they will take notice.

However you can listen to live kirtan from SGPC.net. Live kirtan from sri Darbar Sahib is pure anand!

The Gurbani from Harmandar Sahib is only ending because PTC Punjabi will launched a few days later. There is a contract but the contract is to stop broadcasting the Gurbani before PTC is launched in UK and EUROPE. This shows that Ptc will be Launched soon after the Golden Temple Gurbani has stopped on ZPUNJABI. For example if PTC to launch in January in the following year, Zee Punjabi would have to stop broadcasting Golden Temple Gurbani just before launch date when ever it is. I heard about this information back in October 2010 and PTC Punjabi studio base is in the outskirts of Southall. PTC is mostly likely to have a subscription to it, due to funds for there India channel (or maybe badal family)