Dastaar Issue - Readers Comments

liveandletlive

http://timesofindia....ow/10180252.cms

What is scary about this article is the comments from readers.

This is an indian paper so mainly indian readership.

I think they have forgotten their history and Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Ji's sacrifice for them.

Some indians really know how to spit in the hand that saved them.

The least we can do is click on the article and press 'disagree' or offensive.

M Sharma (Germany)

18 mins ago (02:42 PM)

There is no need to be sentimental. In foreign contries, people are not sentimental, when it comes to security. Nobody is immune from a thorough check-up at the airports, especially in the US. Many important people from America (I dont want to call it VIPs, this is the language preferred in India) especially women have complained of patting. However, the security system does not make changes (regulations) in view of a few persons. Admittedly, security systems are prone to racial profiling, which we may not like. Coming back to turban, one should not forget that a terrorist brought in a bomb in his turban to assassinate Prof. Burhannudin Rabani just a few days ago. This leads to recriminatory checks of turban at all airports in the world. This does not mean that anyone bearing a turban becomes a terrorist. Security check ups are important for safety of everyone, be it is a hindu, a sikh or a muslim. And if rules of security are introduced with previous lapses (experiences) in mind and once implemented these are not supposed to be broken or diluted for one person or a community in mind. Our sikh brethren should understand that there is no need to be immotional on this issue and you can be rest assured that nothing can pressurize a system to change the security paradigm in the west. And if you wish to keep your identity (which is respectable), you have a little price to pay.

Iftikar Thakur (London)

30 mins ago (02:30 PM)

I still remember old times wen these ppl use to come in boats as refugees, they were then ready to go any security checks to enter Britain, their women's were checked against vir**ty, now that they are well set there, they want the rules according to them...Its not going to happen, while in Rome, do as Roman do....U r not in ur Punjabi village any more....

[/url]Rajesh (Asansol)

1 hr ago (01:17 PM)

It is time the sikh community should understand that it for his own safety and he should be more flexible as there are other passengers lives put at risk.If you remove your turban it does not mean all is lost.You must take into account that anyone could be desguiesed as a sikh and carrying a cocktail of chemicals which can pass through the security check at the airport and then detonated on the flight killing innocent travellers. Would you guys like to have that on your conscience OR will '' GOD '' be happy for what you have done by being part of the killing of innocent people.'' GOD LOVES US ALL AND HE WANT'S US ALL TO DO THE RIGHT THING''.

[/url]Lalu Prasad (Bihar) replies to Rajesh

35 mins ago (02:25 PM)

Dont worry abt them man, they will creat problems whr ever they go.....

[/url]Anand (Melbourne) replies to <a href="http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/opinions/10180252.cms#toreply4999738" style="line-height: 14px; vertical-align: top; font-family: arial; font-weight: bold; font-size: 12px;">Lalu Prasad

11 mins ago (02:49 PM)

Sikhs should understand that safety is utmost important in any situation. If you are protesting to compromose safety no rational human being in going be on your side. Think what is the implication of compromising safety before you raise your voice.

We have more chance with the British and Americans than anywhere else in the world. We have to stick together on this issue.

In America you can touch your own Dastaar and then touch a tissue paper thing. That is what we should be pushing for across the globe. Being honest even the swob seems degrading.

But have to back Jathebandis for trying and clearly the Sikh Sangat is willing to stand on this issue.

I didn't start this topic so we can discuss whether d-day was a good or bad move. I hope that is not what you are implying.

I agree with you that messages need to be clear. I think the jathebandian need to keep everyone informed. As it stands i am a bit confused as to where we are with the whole thing.

Defo everything should be thought through. Maybe we need to consider the american way of security...which is touching our own dastaar and then touching a tissue paper...rather than the swab thing.

Relax guys, the losers who commented under the news article are just that, losers! They are the ones who are intimidated by the Khalsa pride, which is what our dastar signifies. They have nothing to be proud of, which is why they feel ashamed of themselves and only use this as an opportunity to degrade Sikhs. Those comments are not going to make any difference to anyone, but just shows the rotten mentality of those who read that news piece. I am not saying that all non-Sikhs or Indians have that type of mentality, but those who purposely refuse to acknowledge the sanctity of the dastar, and they need to know that we are least bothered about their biased opinions. I wonder how these morons would feel if their turbaned prime minister of their so-called largest democracy was subjected to the same humiliation as other Sikhs. You bet they'd be singing a different tune then, as they always do, whatever suits their maligned agendas.