GOING TO INDIA???....

P_Singh

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh!

Dear Sangat!

I'm finally going to India after like 14 years!! Lol...that was the last time I went, so things must have changed LOADS since then ohmy.gif !!

I wanted to know, do you have any tips/suggestions for going to India? Like from where to purchase things such as books, khanda's etc? I'm guessing the main place is Amritsar right?

I'm gonna miss coming on here to read all your posts no.gif ....BUT then again, I STILL have 2 weeks left! Lol!

I really want to go to Hemkunt Sahib...guroo's kirpa...it might happen!...Along with visiting many other gurdwara's!!!

Heard its like 35 degrees over in India at the moment ohmy.gif , I'll be looking like a tuva by the time I get back :wub: @ ....

IS ANYONE ELSE HERE PLANNING ON/GOING TO INDIA???

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hanji Singhstah,

BUT I heard that they can tell that you're from abroad a mile off? Lol...

maybe it'll be a little harder for them to figure that out as I'll mix in with the local pindoo's with my ghol dastaar :nihungsmile: .....LOL!

When they hear me speak...thats another story! They'll figure it out for sure!

My trip was pretty much bad.. except meeting some really nice cool ppls. blush.gif i went alone and i had no relatives up there.. Pretty much boring by being all alone.. So get the company is the first..

I got sick the second day i was there.. I thought im gonna die there lol.. So.. Don't eat outside, don't drink.. No matter how tasty the market pakaooray smells .. just stay away tongue.gif you probably already know that.. it will be good if u get the shots from doc before u go there..

Don't Drive.. dangerous !!! Rickshaws are fun :D

If you planning to visit amritsar.. visit darbar Sahib around 2am..and then watch how the palkey sahib is prepared and guru sahib jee is taken to diwan hall (around 4ish am).. You will be amazed and it's worth by going there amritvela !! Guru sahib lays in akal takht before 4am and you can have VERY close darshan of em (usually few ppls are there doing nitnem.. not rushy)..

I was baked when i went there.. (i slept during day.. and night im up lol).. so it will be hot up there.. but it won't be that bad believe me..

If the shopkeeper say the price is 1400 rs.. tell em i will pay 900 only.. if they don't agree.. act like you are leaving.. I GOT

RIPPED OFF when i was there.. learned my lesson..

Cybercafe... Don't find it strange if couple of ppls are watching you surfind net.. they will be looking from left or right or from behind... i found it very weird :| but some cafe are cool with seperate booth..

so far that's all i can think .. :e:

oh btw.. u can meet bsbk123 of this forum.. im not sure if he has time.. but if u r in delhi during weekends.. im pretty much sure he will give u tour of all gurdwaras of delhi.. He gave me the awesome tour :wub:

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh!

Dear Sangat!

I'm finally going to India after like 14 years!! Lol...that was the last time I went, so things must have changed LOADS since then ohmy.gif !!

I wanted to know, do you have any tips/suggestions for going to India? Like from where to purchase things such as books, khanda's etc? I'm guessing the main place is Amritsar right?

I'm gonna miss coming on here to read all your posts no.gif ....BUT then again, I STILL have 2 weeks left! Lol!

I really want to go to Hemkunt Sahib...guroo's kirpa...it might happen!...Along with visiting many other gurdwara's!!!

Heard its like 35 degrees over in India at the moment ohmy.gif , I'll be looking like a tuva by the time I get back :D @ ....

IS ANYONE ELSE HER

E PLANNING ON/GOING TO INDIA???

The only thing that has changed is you can buy Pepsi, Coca Cola, Cornetto Ice Creams, Sunny deol vests etc :wub:

Enjoy your trip. One thing I reccomend if you are going now is mosquito repellant. It is a must. Also dont waste your money buying it over here. You can get large tubes of Odomos in India for around 50RS.

As the other brothers have said be careful that you dont get ripped off. For books I usually use shops in Mai Hira Gate in Jullundhar as I found one that will give a 10% discount which means I have even more money to spend on tooth decaying soft drinks rolleyes.gif . I have found the shops in Amritsar are a rip off unless you haggle. I usually offer a third of the price they ask for.

S1ingh Ji,

Well, we have got loads of family over there and I'm not going alone which is a good thing as its been soo long since having gone before...

This thing about being ripped off is kinda worrying-lol, I just gotto be careful I guess...

Would 'singhs' at shops try and rip you off also? As 'stopsingh' was saying that amritsar is a rip off???

Lol....S1ngh....theres NOOOO WAAAAAAAAAAYYY I'll be eating ANYTHING from outside...I've heard all the dodgy stories about refilling water bottles with tap water etc! :D

THANKS...for ALL your comments/advice so far...Yeah, I WILL try to stay at darbaar sahib for amritvela as we have this dvd over here which someone made...they basically went to India and gave in-depth info about darbaar sahib- it was AMAZING...showing the parkaash and sukhasan seva etc...

Hopefully will be able to see such sights also...

Will need some of my 'pindoo' relatives to help me barter!! LOL :wub: Then again...I think I should get used to it after a couple of weeks! :TH: