Moved Posts - Amritdhari Marriages

I have no advice to give. I just have a question. So why can't you have intimate relations with your wife because she is not amritdhari? This makes me think of another thing a bit off topic, what is the concept of sexual morality in Sikhism? And can Sikhs only have sex for reproduction or...?

Singh, in all humility, I suggest you speak to Amritdhari elders (Singhs/Kaurs) who know you and your wife in person. Tell them the entire deal, exactly what you've said on here and take their advice. Also mention about your Panj Pyaare asking you to abstain from physical relations as one of the probable causes of the chaos (if you think so). With all respect to the opinions mentioned above, it is imperative that both husband and wife are Amritdhari, and if not, they are to abstain from physical relations. This is the Maryada stated at most Amrit Sanchaars. Killing an unborn child (especially after marriage) is a terribly cruel act. I am no one to say how much bad karam it is going to carry.

Lets not go off-topic. Please start a separate thread to discuss this.

Please give a source to your opinions before posting them. Where did you get the below info

With all respect to the opinions mentioned above, it is imperative that both husband and wife are Amritdhari, and if not, they are to abstain from physical relations. This is the Maryada stated at most Amrit Sanchaars.

How can anyone interfere in your family life?

So please be responsible in writing your views.

Have you taken Amrit? If you have, and you were told that its fine to have a non-Amritdhari spouse, who is stopping you from adhering to it? Me and most GurSikhs I know (online or real life) were told that both spouses HAVE TO BE Amritdhari, otherwise one cannot have marital relations with them. End of story for us. You do what you were told, simple as that.

http://sgpc.net/reha...hap_eleven.html

q. A baptised ought to get his wife also baptised.
I know what people are going to argue now. The next argument is going to be "It doesn't say that an Amritdhari HAS TO marry an Amritdhari".
b. A Sikh's daughter must be married to a Sikh.
Now what is a Sikh?

http://www.sikhitoth...?ShabadID=10166 : prathham rehith yehi jaan kha(n)ddae kee paahul shhakae || First and foremost Rehit - taking Amrit from Panj Pyaare.

Want more?

http://damdamitaksaa...id=68&showall=1

When a child reaches the age when they can abide by the Rehat Maryada he/she must take Amrit from the Panj Pyare. Importantly, before taking Amrit, every person should remember that once initiated, he/she must only marry an individual that is Amritdharee. It is the individual’s responsibility that this is met. If the person is of a young age, then the parents and/or close family must accept this responsibility of marriage to another Amritdharee. If a married person takes Amrit by themselves and their spouse is not Amritdharee, then he/she can not have a physical relationship with them unless they too become Amritdharee. Just as a clean dish coming into contact with an unclean one also becomes dirty, the same is true for a married couple (where only one spouse is Amritdharee). A husband and wife should take Amrit together in order for them to maintain their Rehat. A married person does not have permission to take Amrit without their spouse, but if they insist upon taking Amrit they must abide by the above conditions.

Still not happy?

http://www.akj.org/s...icles.php?id=15

In performance of Annand Kaaraj, there is participation of holy congregation in the presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib for blessings and prayers for the success of the new married life. The couple after obeisance present themselves directly in front of Guru Sahib and take seats (groom on the right side of the bride). The Ragi Jatha sing a Shabad of invocation to start the proceedings of the ceremony for the baptised Sikh couple.

I hope I have provided enough sources?

I have no advice to give. I just have a question. So why can't you have intimate relations with your wife because she is not amritdhari? This makes me think of another thing a bit off topic, what is the concept of sexual morality in Sikhism? And can Sikhs only have sex for reproduction or...?
Your questions have been answered above. Please visit the links provided for further clarification.

When a child reaches the age when they can abide by the Rehat Maryada he/she must take Amrit from the Panj Pyare. Importantly, before taking Amrit, every person should remember that once initiated, he/she must only marry an individual that is Amritdharee. It is the individual’s responsibility that this is met. If the person is of a young age, then the parents and/or close family must accept this responsibility of marriage to another Amritdharee. If a married person takes Amrit by themselves and their spouse is not Amritdharee, then he/she can not have a physical relationship with them unless they too become Amritdharee. Just as a clean dish coming into contact with an unclean one also becomes dirty, the same is true for a married couple (where only one spouse is Amritdharee). A husband and wife should take Amrit together in order for them to maintain their Rehat. A married person does not have permission to take Amrit without their spouse, but if they insist upon taking Amrit they must abide by the above conditions.

So this gem is coming from Damdami Taksal, is it?

what if only one partner is ready then should he/she refrain for the sake of their marriage from taking amrit?

would this hold back the person who is ready to commit him/herself to the Guru, but because of his/her partner is unable to do so?

what if the partner throughout their whole life never wanted to take it? woudl the one who did end up having to take another janam?

Is it fair?