Sign in to follow this  
ADMIN

Competition For Tech Savvy Sikhs

I do not understand this:

1. Must mentioned anywhere in the app "SikhSangat.com Prachar" competition.

Can you reword it please?

Also does the app have to do something with Dropbox or LinkedIn (Just asking because they are shown in the pic)?

1. Somewhere in the app, it must be mentioned that the app was developed for a "Sikhsangat.com parchar" competition

Please ignore the pictures, the app does NOT need to do anything with any other apps out there right now. Although, implementing something like a dropbox may serve to enhance your app. It is definitely not a requirement.

I hope that clarifies the requirements :)

• Like 1

Hanji Payareo, the app you are suggesting should be okay for the competition. However, we request that you please submit a design document before you start building the app. It does not have to be technical, we are simply looking for a high level overview of what you envision the app to be, how it would work etc.

Dhanwaad :)

Please do not be put off by the requirement of a Design Document. If this is not something you are able to do, a small paragraph describing the app will be sufficient as well :)

Anyone want to work together? perhaps we can use a xml parser to give things of gurbani searching websites like www.srigranth.org, www.sridasam.org, www.sikhitothemax.com and www.searchgurbani.com maybe we could do a webmashup. Could do the design of the classes to program, maybe we should setup an opensource group have all the programmers work together.

Design some of the classes, objects, methods and attributes. Perhaps we could have a look at other similar existing programs to get a clue of the type of program we want maybe even things designed for other religions and so forth get some tips on programming techniques. Could feed in an entire pdf and bookmark it at some points or split it to work with the database to search it maybe using sql.

Could link it to audio as well maybe mahankosh. Or on the go loading using better fonts. We could work with better font styles. Maybe provide source code for easy adaptation to all platforms or could leave it a webformat to load into an applet. Design for blackberry, iphone and android platforms.

Even the sikhitothemax.com can be fixed up if they made it opensource... it has a few bugs that can be fixed. Well if you feed in an entire akhan paath we could make a program to play a select amount for an ang or tuk of bani. Does anyone have suraj prakash granth would really want to do something with that maybe a search engine. Could get a few tips off http://bible.cc or http://quran.com/

I have already submitted my app to nokia app store.

Will do what has been mentioned above to enter into the competition.

In the meantime if anybody want to have a look at the app or download it then.

Name of the app is Gurbani Explorer

link http://store.ovi.com/content/227787

Thanks for looking into it.

Its currently supporting new nokia symbian ^3 phones but i have already submitted it for older nokia touch phones as well and is in QA.

Regards

Alvinder

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• I think it's a little more complex than liberal Sikhs letting the side down, but I do sympathise with the general gist of the argument. Don't forget, all it takes is darshan of someone or another to turn someone like that into a believer, so it's not as if they're total losses. Some of it's down to karams, too. Like I said, this entire issue is attributable to physical and social phenomena as well as spiritual matters. Our duty is to get a grasp of matters in our direct control. 
    • I am sorry but it was your fault this time Ajeet.  Yes it might be your wives duty to cook food. But it is not to hear criticism.  Having a baby takes a toll on a womans body and she is tired for long time. It takes time to recover. Especially for vegetarian women. As we have to make heme, proteins,.and fats from iron and foods from plants which takes work. As plants do t have complete amino acids and nonusable iron which our body first has to convert.   Also she is probably also breastfeeding, which requires more from her. In my opinion she should be on bed rest for a year with walks. And being fed panjiri and other animal products like dairy and honey and lots of nuts and other healthy, fattening foods with lots of ghee.  What type of a boss do you like? someone who after your have done your work for the day, makes you stay after work to listen to a critique of everything? She did the work and asked to be treated nicely once and you just double the abuse. Get your mom and dad involved into a huge fight over a nonissue. Also i feel bad for your parents. Instead of the bahu, daughterin law creating fights Its you. If you had some sikhi gunn like dheeraj and santokh or just some commen sense and stayed silent, everyone would have eaten peacefully and left. But no, you got angry that someone refuses to hear ur criticism, and started a fight with your dad so ur mom had to get involved. And then ur wife got involved. You expect her to take the blame and abuse siently and not argur back when she is being yelled at. While you get angry that she denied your right to be nakhrelu.  I was always sympathetic to your cause and never understood why people were always against you. But this time, it was completely your fault. My dad is always telling my mom that when he is eating, please dont yell, complain or nag. It gets into.the roti and creates a bad atmoaphere and bad health. That she can complain and nag afterwards.  What type of environment are you creating for your kid? Full of yelling and you involve the grandparents too. And his mom will be upset for.hours now. And when she next goes to cook,.she will be so resentful. The least u should expect is banging of the pots and muttering, he is a big Shot who expects everything to be perfect and tasty. No matter the effort. Etc Also ig God forbid, u.lose ur job one day,.should ur wife stop feeding u and respecting you until u have a job again? As ur only function is to earn money as hers is to cook? Ur wife is ur family. They stick up for each other thru hardtimes and enjoy the good times. But u ruin the goodtimes with bickering and crying. When a real problem occurs, how will you react? You have already used up yelling and crying. Whats left? Wain pauna?  
    • when we were in school the most liberal punjabi in our yr was a punjabi girl from a a very liberal family, by liberal i mean she used to have glassy with her mum and half her family was married to muslims, she told me that half her family uncles/aunts cousins etc are married to muslims so her parents said she can marry whoever she wants to    thats how liberal they were. this same girl in the school toilets stuck a toilet brush up her private parts and filmed it and sent it to evry1 
    • ^^^ complete tone-deaf tactlessness 😂. Whatever you think of these so-called stars (I personally think they should be executed for their treachery when there's an uprising, lmao, I don't care), it's no wonder people say the races like the Chinese and Indians are "bug-men" which is a slang term to describe races that are very cold, lacking compassion and a sense of humanity. In their efforts to ape western productions, they totally miss the target, and end up making themselves look like bandhars.

Important Information

Terms of Use