Sign in to follow this  
Azaad

Dastaar Of Pilot Removed

The captain of Jet Airways flight from Milan to New Delhi underwent a harrowing experience as he was forced to remove his turban by the security staff at Milan international airport last night. Captain Ravijot Singh Dhupia, who has been flying on the Delhi-Milan-Delhi sector for a while, was asked to come back for a second security check up even after the entire cabin crew had checked in for the flight.

He was taken to a separate room and told to remove his turban, put it in a tray and wait till his headgear passed through the X-ray machine. After the check, he was asked to wear his “hat” again and continue with his duty of flying the aircraft back home.

“I felt humiliated,” he told Manohar Singh Gill, Congress MP from Punjab, saying that the security staff did not even know the difference between a “turban” and a “hat”. Though the Ministry of External Affairs has been claiming from time to time that the issue has been taken up not only with the European Union but also its member states but cases of harassment of turbaned Sikhs continue to be reported.

Talking to The Tribune over the phone, Manohar Singh Gill said that it was not only in Italy but also in Warsaw (Poland) that security personnel at international airports were picking turbaned Sikh passengers at random and asking them to remove their turbans as part of the security drill.

• Like 1

When will this idiocy of the Italians and other Europeans/Americans stop? Sikh Sangat from all over the world needs to take strong action against the continuous violation of our human rights. All Sikh organisations have to take a united stand and put a stop to this nonsense once and for ever.

:@ FOR GOD SAKE HES THE BLOODY PILOT ..... This is becoming ridiculous ..just a thought This has become more mainstream n Italy has their been hightened security or are they just takin away the media light from France where this situation first arose?

BTW way Hat ...i Dare you to say that to me .... although id proably still be sitting inside a cell asking god why he asked the guy to say it to me

Strong action was taken with dastaar day, but then nobody was really interested because we dont need it,this sort of stuff never really happens until.....

Italy and Poland are not countries recognised for their awareness/acceptance of other cultures.

The hat reference may simply be due to very poor understanding of English by the border security people.

The hat reference may simply be due to very poor understanding of English by the border security people.

hsisingh - Italy and Poland are fully aware of a Sikh Turban and know the proper English word for it and that Turban is not a HAT. An awareness programme launched months ago and still running in Italy, even directives have been issues in Italy and Milan airport officials.

Don't downplay the issues.

hsisingh - Italy and Poland are fully aware of a Sikh Turban and know the proper English word for it and that Turban is not a HAT. An awareness programme launched months ago and still running in Italy, even directives have been issues in Italy and Milan airport officials.

Don't downplay the issues.

I suggest you actually read what I wrote before you respond. I said "Italy and Poland are not countries recognised for their awareness/acceptance of other cultures." I did NOT say that they are not aware of the Turban issue. Do you understand the difference between the two statements??

I seem to remember you are the same person who criticised the English skills of the Italian Sikhs who complained about this issue to the Italian authorities and was proclaiming that the Sikh Federation Italy would soon be established and deal with this issue. How is that progressing?

I suggest you actually read what I wrote before you respond. I said "Italy and Poland are not countries recognised for their awareness/acceptance of other cultures." I did NOT say that they are not aware of the Turban issue. Do you understand the difference between the two statements??

No you didn't said that, you said "The hat reference may simply be due to very poor understanding of English by the border security people." which is not correct. Improper English does not makes referencing Sikh Turban to a HAT, don't downplay Sikh issues.

I seem to remember you are the same person who criticised the English skills of the Italian Sikhs who complained about this issue to the Italian authorities and was proclaiming that the Sikh Federation Italy would soon be established and deal with this issue. How is that progressing?

I never said that, don't lie and spread rumours, show evidence if you have from any of earlier post. It is evident from your rating what your agenda is on this forum and what you are trying to post.

your missing the point hes trying to make, why are you in defensive over drive, he said 'Italy and Poland are not countries recognised for their awareness/acceptance of other cultures'

the key words being 'not countries recognised for their awareness/acceptance of other cultures'

like ive said in another thread, cant people keep things in context of a whole sentence, cant people on here actually read the full text, understand it and then comment on it, man you got issues, only a fool listen to half of the galh

No you didn't said that, you said "The hat reference may simply be due to very poor understanding of English by the border security people." which is not correct. Improper English does not makes referencing Sikh Turban to a HAT, don't downplay Sikh issues.

I never said that, don't lie and spread rumours, show evidence if you have from any of earlier post. It is evident from your rating what your agenda is on this forum and what you are trying to post.

The difference between you and me is that I care about real issues like female infanticide in the Punjab, drug abuse in the Punjab, economic development in the Punjab so that young men there can have better lives and contribute to society.

Unlike you, I am not obsessed with the English language skills of an Italian border official.

Regarding what you said about the dastaar issue in Italy - just go back and read your comments on Dastaar Issue in Italy (24th September). you mocked the letter sent by Jasbir Singh Toor to the Italian authorities and then you said the Sikh Federation Italy will be up in 3 mths - how is that going? You have til Xmas Eve!

And regarding my rating - I wear that with pride. I am Sikh but I don't support:

the concept of Khalistan;

The mocking and criticism of other faiths (including Islam);

Prejudice against people because of their sexual orientation

And regarding my rating - I wear that with pride. I am Sikh but I don't support:

the concept of Khalistan;

The mocking and criticism of other faiths (including Islam);

how dare you, this is how alot of people on this forum dictate :lol2:

your missing the point hes trying to make, why are you in defensive over drive, he said 'Italy and Poland are not countries recognised for their awareness/acceptance of other cultures'

I am not defensive, I am verbally attacking, Perhaps your understanding of English is very weak. Here you are again showing your hyporicy.

ITALY AND POLAND ARE VERY MUCH AWARE OF THE SIKH CULTURE ... THERE HAVE BEEN CONTINOUS EFFORTS AND DIALOGUES WITH ITALIAN AIRPORT AUTHORITIES AND POLAND AS WELL. UNDERSTAND AND KNOW ISSUES BEFORE COMMENTING ....

the key words being 'not countries recognised for their awareness/acceptance of other cultures'

like ive said in another thread, cant people keep things in context of a whole sentence, cant people on here actually read the full text, understand it and then comment on it, man you got issues, only a fool listen to half of the galh

Are you the same user with different Id's because you are coming to rescue the other user on each and every other thread :D LOL. Don't try to be oversmart with mentioning half-context, full-context concept. Don't try to downplay issues which are sensitive, which need to be raised to sought a solution ...

you really dont understand the point do you?

you next to the words awareness there is a word called 'acceptance' then read everything youve written and put that in CONTEXT like ive told you to and maybe just maybe we'll make an english scholar of you yet :biggrin2:

Regarding what you said about the dastaar issue in Italy - just go back and read your comments on Dastaar Issue in Italy (24th September). you mocked the letter sent by Jasbir Singh Toor to the Italian authorities and then you said the Sikh Federation Italy will be up in 3 mths - how is that going? You have til Xmas Eve!

Dont lie, your lies have been caught, paste the link over here if you have, where I said any such thing. I have time and again proved you are a liar and hypocrit. you have any such link on SikhSangat forum where it was discussed said that? Post number??? you don't have that, so stop LYING.

The mocking and criticism of other faiths (including Islam)

Nobody over here mocks other faiths and does any sex-bias racial propagation, those who do get banned. Do you have any evidence of this?